Open Job: Lexington Catholic

Page 2 of Big time job...... 54 comments | 14108 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    271

    I would give Kyle Singelton the OC at Danville a call. He's been a head coach before, and what he has done with Danville's offense is amazing! He's coached a D1 QB while at Rowan County in Adam Wing, although Wing decided to play D1 basketball. Danville ran the same offense as Lexington Catholic so the offense wouldn't change. IMO he would be a great hire.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,110

    Quote Originally Posted by OLD RAIDER View Post
    Whatís the chances of Mike Engler going back to Lexington Catholic now that he has head coaching experience.
    Fill me in a little bit. Did Engle coach at LexCath in the past?

  3. #18
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    38,146

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    Fill me in a little bit. Did Engle coach at LexCath in the past?
    He coached at Lex Cath from '91 through '13. He was the Knights' head assistant coach and offensive coordinator when Ryle hired him away to be their head coach in '14.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    370

    Quote Originally Posted by Statsdontlie View Post
    I would give Kyle Singelton the OC at Danville a call. He's been a head coach before, and what he has done with Danville's offense is amazing! He's coached a D1 QB while at Rowan County in Adam Wing, although Wing decided to play D1 basketball. Danville ran the same offense as Lexington Catholic so the offense wouldn't change. IMO he would be a great hire.
    That would be a terrible choice, did you see Singleton's record after Adam Wing left? It's been pretty easy to call plays at Danville.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,687

    What does the wish list look like?

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlesworth View Post
    That would be a terrible choice, did you see Singleton's record after Adam Wing left? It's been pretty easy to call plays at Danville.
    That's a whole lot of coaches if they've been doing it long enough. I've really never seen anybody be good with horrible talent. You can put lipstick on a pig all you want, but it's still a pig.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    I've really never seen anybody be good with horrible talent. You can put lipstick on a pig all you want, but it's still a pig.
    That’s what I have heard some coaches say. A lot more recently.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame View Post
    Thatís what I have heard some coaches say. A lot more recently.
    Most programs out there beat people who suck worse than them. You won't find that in the "How to win" manual; everybody knows it, but few will say it and none will publicly.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    271

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlesworth View Post
    That would be a terrible choice, did you see Singleton's record after Adam Wing left? It's been pretty easy to call plays at Danville.
    Have you seen Rowan County record since Wing left? Idc who the coach is, if there aint no talent you can't win many games. Have the coaches after Kyle had any sucess? NO!

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    370

    Singleton took what Sha'don Brown built and ran it into the ground, no other has been able to build it back since. Singleton is the benefactor of having really good QB's at the right time.

  11. #26
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,110

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    He coached at Lex Cath from '91 through '13. He was the Knights' head assistant coach and offensive coordinator when Ryle hired him away to be their head coach in '14.
    Did he not apply for LC head coach position when it became available before he left in ‘13 or did LC want only candidates with a min amount of head coaching experience

  12. #27
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,898

    Quote Originally Posted by jlow View Post
    What does the wish list look like?
    This is my question. Who do they want?

  13. #28
    Mr. Sixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Coalinga, CA
    Posts
    1,388

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    Did he not apply for LC head coach position when it became available before he left in ‘13 or did LC want only candidates with a min amount of head coaching experience
    Was thinking the exact same thing. Only what I heard and don’t know to be fact but I heard he was passed over twice while he was there.

    He has a good thing going at Ryle even though many believe they have under achieved I don’t see him walking away from there maybe he’s interested idk.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sixer View Post
    Was thinking the exact same thing. Only what I heard and don’t know to be fact but I heard he was passed over twice while he was there.

    He has a good thing going at Ryle even though many believe they have under achieved I don’t see him walking away from there maybe he’s interested idk.
    Short version is the administration at that time at Lex Cath and Engler didnt agree on a few things if I recall correctly. (nothing bad or major, just differences in opinion.)

    To be fair, that administration is no longer at Lex Cath I believe.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    There is someone out there I think Lex Cath may give a call too. I dont think he would be interested, but, him being a non teacher, the whole teacher retirement thing wont be an issue, so for enough $$$ he might consider it maybe. I could be totally wrong.

Top