Northern Kentucky 2020 Football Signee Tracker

Page 2 of Michael Mayer - Notre Dame Brycen Huddleston - Eastern Michigan... 21 comments | 1950 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    44,574

    Carroll County
    Trever Sandusky - Eastern Kentucky University
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    HedgeHog8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17
    Location
    #FearTheVeer
    Posts
    87

    So far from the information in this thread, IMO, it would appear that Thomas More moving to NAIA and being able to offer athletic scholarships has improved its ability to recruit the NKY region. It has also reduced the number of signees going to other NAIA schools in KY from the NKY region. Only one Gtown and Union signee apiece.

    Alternatively it could be a matter of strategy, an emphasis in recruiting closer to home while the other NAIA programs just aren't recruiting NKY as hard. Either way, I believe its good for TMU and bad for the rest of the MSC. There is much talent in NKY; Talent I would love to see end up at GTown that has now shifted to TMU.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    9,033

    Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog8 View Post
    So far from the information in this thread, IMO, it would appear that Thomas More moving to NAIA and being able to offer athletic scholarships has improved its ability to recruit the NKY region. It has also reduced the number of signees going to other NAIA schools in KY from the NKY region. Only one Gtown and Union signee apiece.

    Alternatively it could be a matter of strategy, an emphasis in recruiting closer to home while the other NAIA programs just aren't recruiting NKY as hard. Either way, I believe its good for TMU and bad for the rest of the MSC. There is much talent in NKY; Talent I would love to see end up at GTown that has now shifted to TMU.
    I think Thomas More always has recruited well in NKY. Their Freshman classes have always been very large, and I'm also guessing not every signee is getting athletic money, and even fewer are getting significant chunks of athletic money. Certainly, the move to NAIA will help their recruiting. But I don't think a ton of guys from NKY were going to the other NAIA schools in the state to begin with.

  4. #19
    Runcible Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17
    Location
    Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?
    Posts
    2,221

    Holmes:
    Damario Foster - Kentucky Wesleyan

  5. #20
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,793

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    I think Thomas More always has recruited well in NKY. Their Freshman classes have always been very large, and I'm also guessing not every signee is getting athletic money, and even fewer are getting significant chunks of athletic money. Certainly, the move to NAIA will help their recruiting. But I don't think a ton of guys from NKY were going to the other NAIA schools in the state to begin with.
    I don't know about that last sentence. TMC offering some scholarship will probably sway some local kids to stay in the area. The ability to offer a scholarship will is a big plus for a school to recruit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Cannot believe no NKY guys to the team in Kentucky with most wins in last decade.
    That would be Lindsey Wilson.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    9,033

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    I don't know about that last sentence. TMC offering some scholarship will probably sway some local kids to stay in the area. The ability to offer a scholarship will is a big plus for a school to recruit.

    That would be Lindsey Wilson.
    I think that's what I said. My only point, is that TM has always recruited well in NKY and has always had a big draw for kids in the area. Kids from NKY weren't flocking to the other NAIA schools in the state over TM. Yes the ability to give schollies well help boost TM's recruiting and may bring in a few more locals, but I think it helps them more to bring kids in from outside of the area, and reality will make it even tougher for the local kids to see the field. It's always been tough...large rosters, and kids being sold the dream of playing college football. The reality is a good chunk of those kids that sign up to play at these schools never end up seeing the field. These small schools use football to drive enrollment.

  7. #22
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    31,192

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    I think that's what I said. My only point, is that TM has always recruited well in NKY and has always had a big draw for kids in the area. Kids from NKY weren't flocking to the other NAIA schools in the state over TM. Yes the ability to give schollies well help boost TM's recruiting and may bring in a few more locals, but I think it helps them more to bring kids in from outside of the area, and reality will make it even tougher for the local kids to see the field. It's always been tough...large rosters, and kids being sold the dream of playing college football. The reality is a good chunk of those kids that sign up to play at these schools never end up seeing the field. These small schools use football to drive enrollment.
    I agree with this assessment. Remember, the NAIA limits a school to only 24 scholarships a year.

Top