NKY Power Rankings 10-27-16 - Sponsored by NKY Family & Cosmetic Dentistry

Page 3 of Thanks to Northern Kentucky Family & Cosmetic Dentistry -"Making Northern Kentucky Smile" for sponsoring our 2016 Northern Kentucky Power... 54 comments | 3695 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    395

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    Wow, the Holy Cross wagon has really filled up. Did NOT see that coming.
    Not on the wagon. Just think they are underrated on this poll. HC could run the table and never get any respect. It goes the other way as well. Highlands goes 2-7 and beats a poor Grant County team and a mediocre Cooper team and they are still ranked in the Top 10 because of the names on their jerseys. A case could be made for Campbell, Dixie, or Highlands to be off this list and a case could be made to leave them on but to leave a team off with clearly a better record and more momentum in their class is obviously unfairly biased. At the end of the day this poll means nothing. Zero. It is just an opinion from one person. I have my opinions as well and Campbell and Highlands aren't in it.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    48

    Jaylin Williams is good but sadly very under utilized. Holy Cross will need to pass a bit more to make a Deep Playoff run! Thoughts??

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    395

    Quote Originally Posted by InfoMan89 View Post
    Man I get there are some Holy Cross fans but if you didn't do your homework Beechwood was leading the CovCath game at halftime. Instead of trying to give Holy Cross so much love you should be elevating Beechwood who every one thought they would have a down year. Instead, they should be higher on this Top 10. I don't care about athletes, I care about wins! Beechwood is poised and vry tough minded. Young and Hungry. Plus the Tigers already scrimmaged Dixie to a virtual draw and they are 5A. Beechwood beats all those teams: Campbell, Dixie, and HC.
    I agree that Beechwood has a very good team IN THEIR CLASS and probably in 2A as well. Don't forget that 3 TD's called back for penalties could've put the Tigers on the other side of the scoreboard against HC but that is football and the Tigers got the W. It doesn't matter if BW was up on CC or not. It's a 4 quarter game. The simple fact of the matter is the BW beat HC head to head. That's why I didn't say anything negative about the Tigers place in the rankings. 5-4 or 6-3 should Trump 1-8, 2-7, or 3-6 any day. It's all about the names on the jerseys here though.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    48

    I like Holy Cross but just think Beechwood deserves more love considering how they've played this year and how they are playing. Very Underrated, Holy Cross may have been a little over rated with all the start of the season hype they received.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    48

    Hey go check out my post and forum regarding Defensive Standout Players in N. Ky and give your thoughts. Let's get some chatter started around that I would like to see who people think are the best Defensive Players in N. Ky

  6. #36
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,287

    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish20 View Post
    Not on the wagon. Just think they are underrated on this poll. HC could run the table and never get any respect. It goes the other way as well. Highlands goes 2-7 and beats a poor Grant County team and a mediocre Cooper team and they are still ranked in the Top 10 because of the names on their jerseys. A case could be made for Campbell, Dixie, or Highlands to be off this list and a case could be made to leave them on but to leave a team off with clearly a better record and more momentum in their class is obviously unfairly biased. At the end of the day this poll means nothing. Zero. It is just an opinion from one person. I have my opinions as well and Campbell and Highlands aren't in it.
    You obviously don't understand the concept of these power rankings. But you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    395

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    You obviously don't understand the concept of these power rankings. But you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.
    Thoroughly understand the concept of power rankings and the Indians are definitely more powerful than Campbell, Dixie, and Highlands in my opinion. Opinions cannot be wrong just misguided such as those who think differently than myself.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    546

    Beechwood wasn't leading at halftime of the Covcath game.
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoMan89 View Post
    Man I get there are some Holy Cross fans but if you didn't do your homework Beechwood was leading the CovCath game at halftime. Instead of trying to give Holy Cross so much love you should be elevating Beechwood who every one thought they would have a down year. Instead, they should be higher on this Top 10. I don't care about athletes, I care about wins! Beechwood is poised and vry tough minded. Young and Hungry. Plus the Tigers already scrimmaged Dixie to a virtual draw and they are 5A. Beechwood beats all those teams: Campbell, Dixie, and HC.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    546

    Williams is better than Barnes? No way!
    QUOTE=lamontab;6091862]One phenomenal player? Jaylin Williams might be the best player on the team. 6'2 210lbs and hits like a Mack truck.[/QUOTE]

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    546

    If HC has so much talent, why have they lost 3 games

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    375

    Quote Originally Posted by oldoc View Post
    If HC has so much talent, why have they lost 3 games
    Game plan, not talent.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by oldoc View Post
    If HC has so much talent, why have they lost 3 games
    They played 3 good teams that scored more than them...

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    Nky
    Posts
    249

    I could see HC beating the camels but not Dixie or Highlands.

  14. #44
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,287

    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish20 View Post
    Thoroughly understand the concept of power rankings and the Indians are definitely more powerful than Campbell, Dixie, and Highlands in my opinion. Opinions cannot be wrong just misguided such as those who think differently than myself.
    Fair enough

    You may carry on

  15. #45
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    28,035

    calpreps.com does a very good job ranking teams. The numbers by the name are where that team ranks in the entire United States. Here is how they have the teams being discussed rated:

    #2675 Dixie Heights
    #2967 Beechwood
    #3617 Campbell County
    #3808 Highlands
    #3925 Newport Catholic
    #4646 Boone County
    #4848 Holy Cross

Top