NKY Freshman East/West Standings?

Page 3 of Anyone know what the standings are after 4 weeks? Advertisement Sep 29, 08, 03:18 PM #2 nkyfootball View Profile View Forum Posts Registered User ... 57 comments | 4113 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Where I lay my head is home
    Posts
    344

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightShooter View Post
    It seems that Beechwood is winning by big margins and is undefeated. Perhaps, they are the favorite. I would guess that the Dixie/Highlands winner will face the Beechwood/Ryle winner in the frosh championship. Good luck to all teams as they work to build success in the future for varsity teams.
    The way I see it, there are four outcomes for the East division:

    If Highlands beats Dixie, Highlands will be in the championship game.

    If Dixie beats Highlands, Dixie will still need to beat Campbell County next week in order to play in the championship game (the Holmes loss in week one could come back to haunt Dixie).

    If Dixie beats Highlands but loses to Campbell County, Highlands is in based on the head to head with CC if Highlands beats Holmes next week.

    Finally, if Dixie beats Highlands but loses to Campbell County, Campbell County is in if Holmes beats Highlands.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    in a State of hysteria
    Posts
    3,931

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYMoHo View Post
    The way I see it, there are four outcomes for the East division:

    If Highlands beats Dixie, Highlands will be in the championship game.

    If Dixie beats Highlands, Dixie will still need to beat Campbell County next week in order to play in the championship game (the Holmes loss in week one could come back to haunt Dixie).

    If Dixie beats Highlands but loses to Campbell County, Highlands is in based on the head to head with CC if Highlands beats Holmes next week.

    Finally, if Dixie beats Highlands but loses to Campbell County, Campbell County is in if Holmes beats Highlands.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    1,583

    Holmes beat Newport I think it was 28 to 6.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Posts
    93

    Beechwood

    Beechwood is 6-0 they beat Scott 35-8 and host Ryle next week and that should be a good game but if Beechwood wins then they are in the championship but Highlands lost to 6-1 Dixie so who knows who will be in the championship. Suggestions?????
    Last edited by Ram; Oct 10, 08 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Rule 13

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    in a State of hysteria
    Posts
    3,931

    I think Beechwood is considerably better than Ryle, not that it won't be a good game, but Beechwood is that much better

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Where I lay my head is home
    Posts
    344

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChip View Post
    Beechwood is 6-0 they beat Scott 35-8 and host Ryle next week and that should be a good game but if Beechwood wins then they are in the championship but Highlands lost to 6-1 Dixie so who knows who will be in the championship. Suggestions?????
    For the east...

    Dixie is in the championship game if they beat Campbell County

    Highlands is in the championship game if Dixie loses to Campbell County and Highlands beats Holmes

    Campbell County is in the championship game if they beat Dixie and Highlands loses to Holmes

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,539

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    I think Beechwood is considerably better than Ryle, not that it won't be a good game, but Beechwood is that much better
    I think Beechwood will win, but Ryle's stud RB is doing very well in varsity right now. I am sure he would make a huge difference.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18

    The Ryle freshman running back (Elliot) does not play freshman, just varsity.
    Last edited by STRIKE3; Oct 15, 08 at 07:11 PM. Reason: comply w/Rule #13

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    1,309

    Welcome to BGP go4sports. So Elliot can not play down?

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    in a State of hysteria
    Posts
    3,931

    Quote Originally Posted by go4sports View Post
    i suppose he could - coaches choose not too, at least thus far. and I believe they are right - freshman and JV should be about developing talent for the big team. if you are contributing to the varsity effort, what do you accomplish playing down?
    I keep hearing that there are rules about when a player can and can't play "down", but have not seen anything offcial, andy help out there.

    Based on this string, it sounds like a Freshman at Ryle is playing Varsity RB. So my question is if he plays Varsity, is there an amount that he has to play before he cannot play at the next level (JV) or in this case, two levels (Frosh) down?

    It is dictated during that week? Meaning, what would keep a Frosh from starting on Thursday and then starting on Friday?

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,988

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    I keep hearing that there are rules about when a player can and can't play "down", but have not seen anything offcial, andy help out there.

    Based on this string, it sounds like a Freshman at Ryle is playing Varsity RB. So my question is if he plays Varsity, is there an amount that he has to play before he cannot play at the next level (JV) or in this case, two levels (Frosh) down?

    It is dictated during that week? Meaning, what would keep a Frosh from starting on Thursday and then starting on Friday?
    I think once he starts a varsity game, he's no longer eligible to play on the freshman level.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    in a State of hysteria
    Posts
    3,931

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    I think once he starts a varsity game, he's no longer eligible to play on the freshman level.
    for the rest of the year? What if he plays a down? Or is it only if he starts?

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,988

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    for the rest of the year? What if he plays a down? Or is it only if he starts?
    I can't find anything on this. It may be a school rule and not a khsaa rule. Hopefully someone will chime in with the exact rule, if any. However, I'll keep looking through lunch.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    in a State of hysteria
    Posts
    3,931

    I'll start a new post on this topic

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    683

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    I think Beechwood will win, but Ryle's stud RB is doing very well in varsity right now. I am sure he would make a huge difference.
    Isn't this the brother of the former quarterback and baseball standout Cody Elliot?

Top