Newport Central Catholic all time rushing leader

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 18
    Posts
    9

    Newport Central Catholic all time rushing leader

    Who leads New Cath history in rushing? They have a history of good backs
    Advertisement
    Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Aug 7, 18 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Rule #13

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    1,940

    I believe Kyle Kellys brother.

  3. #3
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,710

    1. Steve Everson (1998-2001) 5,633 yards
    2. Jacob Smith (2012-15) 4,332 yards
    3. Chris Kelly (2007-10) 4,232 yards

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 18
    Posts
    9

    Thank you! Any idea how many Kyle Kelly has?
    Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Aug 7, 18 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Rule #13

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    356

    Quote Originally Posted by simonkenton2018 View Post
    Thank you! Any idea how many Kyle Kelly has?
    I think 1,983 going into this year.

  6. #6
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,829

    Year G Car Yds TD

    No idea if he played any as a freshman since no stats posted for NCC for 2015

    2016 12 152 821 14
    2017 12 196 1162 13

    24 348 1983 27

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    99

    Did Everson play for University of Florida?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by Collar7 View Post
    Did Everson play for University of Florida?
    Thomas More

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    99

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    Thomas More
    I don’t know who I was thinking of then. Way off haha

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    1,114

    Just remember they throw the ball WAY more now than when Everson was running the ball. Obviously he was a great back but his numbers would be lower (like may RBs of those day) playing today.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,241

    Everson was really good and his attempts are far more than anyone's for sure.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Also throw in that NewCath ran the triple option out of the wishbone for about 20 years and you have fewer carries for some really great athletes in the late 70s-mid 90s.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    Independence KY
    Posts
    2,905

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Ed View Post
    Just remember they throw the ball WAY more now than when Everson was running the ball. Obviously he was a great back but his numbers would be lower (like may RBs of those day) playing today.
    It's sure sucked for the WR's......

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    99

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    Also throw in that NewCath ran the triple option out of the wishbone for about 20 years and you have fewer carries for some really great athletes in the late 70s-mid 90s.
    Yes. Back when NCC was playing in the GCL, and doing quite well I might add, there were a lot of guys splitting carries that could have been on this list.

  15. #15
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,710

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    1. Steve Everson (1998-2001) 5,633 yards
    2. Jacob Smith (2012-15) 4,332 yards
    3. Chris Kelly (2007-10) 4,232 yards
    Not surprisingly, here are the top three in rushing attempts:

    1. Steve Everson (1998-2001) 1,015 attempts
    2. Jacob Smith (2012-15) 721 attempts
    3. Chris Kelly (2007-10) 663 attempts

    Interestingly, #4 on the rushing attempts list is QB Brady Hightchew with 583 attempts.

Top