Nelson County Looks for New Head Coach

Page 2 of Originally Posted by Blackshirts Along with better production on offense . . . That is, the following year after Coach Rogers left Nelson.... 48 comments | 3279 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    titletownclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    8,052

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigRed
    I would like to call Mayfield the new "titletown" someday, lol.
    Sorry, but we had that term copyrighted. However, if we go through a dry spell here, we may be willing to sell you the name at a price to be discussed later.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Ho ho ho 4 in a row
    Posts
    6,797

    Quote Originally Posted by titletownclown
    Sorry, but we had that term copyrighted. However, if we go through a dry spell here, we may be willing to sell you the name at a price to be discussed later.


  3. #18
    Blackshirts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    1,374

    Quote Originally Posted by Hearsay
    Mike Rogers is a hell of a good offensive coordinator, I know that, and you can't overcome his loss, institution of drug testing, 180 lb. lineman, and an undedicated administration and expect to win with consistency. Laying it on the coach was the coward's way out.
    Come on now, Coach Rogers is a decent coach but he is not that good. Along with better production on offense, the coaches had a better rapport with the players, referees and parents after Coach Rogers left. The reason Coach Mason was fired was due to pressure being received by the Superintendent from big wigs in the community that was from the 96 era that won the State Title. The community lives in the past and can't stand the fact that the school isn't producing like it was back then. Every coach knows its not just about the X's and O's it's mostly about the Jimmies and the Joes. And facts are Nelson County doesn't have the Jimmies and Joes like they use to......and the Superintendent is a coward for not standing up for what is right.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,694

    The real mistake was when they let Mark Brown go !!

  5. #20
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,475

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshirts
    Come on now, Coach Rogers is a decent coach but he is not that good. Along with better production on offense, the coaches had a better rapport with the players, referees and parents after Coach Rogers left. The reason Coach Mason was fired was due to pressure being received by the Superintendent from big wigs in the community that was from the 96 era that won the State Title. The community lives in the past and can't stand the fact that the school isn't producing like it was back then. Every coach knows its not just about the X's and O's it's mostly about the Jimmies and the Joes. And facts are Nelson County doesn't have the Jimmies and Joes like they use to......and the Superintendent is a coward for not standing up for what is right.
    Well said. I did like Mike Rogers, though . . .

  6. #21
    Blackshirts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    1,374

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshirts
    Along with better production on offense
    . . . That is, the following year after Coach Rogers left Nelson.

  7. #22
    Blackshirts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    1,374

    Quote Originally Posted by thegeneral
    The paper must be using the same link for a different story now. The link goes to a story about next year's Nelson County elections.
    This may work....

    http://www.kystandard.com/articles/2...ews/news03.txt

  8. #23
    Blackshirts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    1,374

    Quote Originally Posted by Hearsay
    Well said. I did like Mike Rogers, though . . .
    I can tell . . . I don't . . . I think he is an obnoxious jerk that thinks he knows it all!

  9. #24
    Blackshirts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    1,374

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. No Name
    The real mistake was when they let Mark Brown go !!
    . . . Mark Brown left on his own!

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,694

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshirts
    . . . Mark Brown left on his own!
    Because of people in the school system who made him

    Can I make the observation that you are a know it all jerk from the statement above? NO!
    So dont make it about a person who you have probably never even hade a conversation with

  11. #26
    Blackshirts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    1,374

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. No Name
    Because of people in the school system who made him

    Can I make the observation that you are a know it all jerk from the statement above? NO!
    So dont make it about a person who you have probably never even hade a conversation with
    Ahhhh . . . assumptions assumptions . . . you know where assume gets you, don't you Mr. No Name?

    And yes I know the situations very well . . . I have friends that are within the program and they say that he left because he knew that there was little talent coming up and wanted to get out before it happened.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,694

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshirts
    Ahhhh . . . assumptions assumptions . . . you know where assume gets you, don't you Mr. No Name?

    And yes I know the situations very well . . . I have friends that are within the program and they say that he left because he knew that there was little talent coming up and wanted to get out before it happened.
    I'm ASSUMING I know who your friends are and they're the reason he left if I'm thinking of your correct friends.

    But i'm just ASSUMING, where does that get me?

  13. #28
    thegeneral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Criss-crossing the commonwealth.
    Posts
    1,445

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshirts
    Much better, thanks.

  14. #29
    Blackshirts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    1,374

    Well Mr. No Name, obviously you can't read between the lines and YOU are not the focus of this thread. Please refrain from taking my comments or anyone else’s comments on here personally. The subject is that Coach Mason's firing is a travesty NOT Mr. No Name is upset because someone said something that made him mad.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,694

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshirts
    Well Mr. No Name, obviously you can't read between the lines and YOU are not the focus of this thread. Please refrain from taking my comments or anyone else’s comments on here personally. The subject is that Coach Mason's firing is a travesty NOT Mr. No Name is upset because someone said something that made him mad.
    Where did you make the observation that someone made me mad. You were the one that got it off topic by talking about Coach Rogers and not Coach Mason. So i decided to try to state where the real problem came in and that was when Coach Brown went to John Hardin.

    But im not mad

Top