McCracken County Mustangs Schedule

Page 2 of 2013 Football Schedule 8/24/2013 - vs. Paducah Tilghman High School 8/30/2013 - @ Mayfield High School 9/6/2013 - vs. Dyer County High School (TN) 9/13/2013 - OPEN WEEK... 29 comments | 2455 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #21
    Premium Member
    The Scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Somewhere between Possum Trot and Black Gnat
    Posts
    29,829

    A lot of the Paducah folk weren't happy with the nickname, especially after Muhlenberg County consolidated a few years back and used the Mustangs.

    Coyotes, River Bandits, Chiefs, or Nuts would have been better and more original.
    Advertisement

  2. #22
    Moderator
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    33,280

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe View Post
    A lot of the Paducah folk weren't happy with the nickname, especially after Muhlenberg County consolidated a few years back and used the Mustangs.

    Coyotes, River Bandits, Chiefs, or Nuts would have been better and more original.
    McCracken County Quilt Makers didn't make the final cut apparently either.
    00Rocket28 likes this.

  3. #23
    Premium Member
    The Scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Somewhere between Possum Trot and Black Gnat
    Posts
    29,829

    McCracken Nuts was my personal favorite
    Birdsfan likes this.

  4. #24
    Moderator
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    24,062

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    McCracken County Quilt Makers didn't make the final cut apparently either.

  5. #25
    Moderator
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    24,062

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe View Post
    McCracken Nuts was my personal favorite
    That would have been AWESOME!!!

  6. #26
    Ram
    Ram is offline
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    36,379

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe View Post
    McCracken Nuts was my personal favorite
    That reminds me of the West Virginia school, Poka. They are the "Dots". The Poka Dots.

  7. #27
    Premium Member
    The Scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Somewhere between Possum Trot and Black Gnat
    Posts
    29,829

    Of course, the female teams weren't fans of Girl Nuts or Nutettes
    Jumper_Dad likes this.

  8. #28
    Ram
    Ram is offline
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    36,379

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe View Post
    Of course, the female teams weren't fans of Girl Nuts or Nutettes
    Well, that's just stupid, they would have obviously had to be called the overies.
    Birdsfan likes this.

  9. #29
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Posts
    1,275

    What about a combination of the schools that consolidated....like maybe the Purple Pirate Hounds
    sweet16 likes this.

  10. #30
    Premium Member
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    Well, that's just stupid, they would have obviously had to be called the overies.
    Yeah, with Title IX and all that sort of thing.

Top