View Poll Results: Who wins?
- 37. You may not vote on this poll
- Nov 29, 13, 09:04 PM #1
Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Predictions (2013 Class 1A State Championship)Will Mayfield but another feather in their cap or surprise finalist Williamsburg take home the title?Advertisement
- Nov 29, 13, 09:09 PM #2I watched the Williamsburg game tonight and they are very good. It will take a special team to beat them.
- Nov 29, 13, 09:13 PM #3I'll go with the upset pick here and say that if Mayfield sticks to their modus operandi of letting teams get off to a quick start in the first half against Williamsburg, that it's just what the Yellow Jackets need to get the confidence in themselves to pull off the upset.
- Nov 29, 13, 10:02 PM #4I don't know as much about them as I would like too or as much as I will know after a little research but I did hear somewhere that this group won the middle school state title and they have a superstar QB Seizemore I think is the spelling. I hope we can get it done but it will require a great effort on our part. Should be a barn burner, Go Big Red!
- Nov 29, 13, 10:09 PM #5
- Nov 29, 13, 10:21 PM #6
I think this game could go either way. Mayfield's offense is gonna have to pick it up a notch or 2. The D has been stellar in the playoffs and I expect that to be solid, but, they can't afford to get down by a couple of scores and have to play from behind. I like this Cardinal team a lot, as they've been very consistent all year against a very tough schedule and I expect there coaching staff will spend a lot of time in the film room this next week, getting them ready for a big challenge. Good luck to both teams. Should be a dandy.
- Join Date
- Aug 12
- Nov 29, 13, 10:33 PM #7I saw a little on ihigh and I can't really tell one thing. I will say by Litkinhouse Mayfield is about a 21 pt favorite. I doubt that they have a line equal or better then Mayfield's. But....we need to get off to a great start and play a whole and complete game. This is Williamsburg's first trip to State and I think this is Mayfield's 19th.
- Nov 29, 13, 10:36 PM #8Someone from the Tri-County area brought up an interesting point to me.
He said he's very worried that Williamsburg was so underrated for so long and that now everyone is kind of giving them the respect they should have gotten all year long, they might not know how to handle the sudden new-found fame and notoriety and have a "big head" going into the Mayfield game. Even went as far as to say it could get ugly if that were the case.
- Nov 29, 13, 10:54 PM #9Does anyone know anything about Skylar Griffith's status for next week?
- Nov 29, 13, 11:01 PM #10I don't think Williamsburg's players will get the big-head going into the state title game. They know that beating Mayfield will be very tough to do. First they said Williamsburg was overrated; then they played a weak schedule (played both Wayne County and North Laurel); then Hazard was the better team; Then Raceland was the better team. What did Williamsburg do? Beat Hazard 21-7; Crush Raceland 34-7 without one of its best players for almost the entire game while scoring the most points against the Rams since Sept. 27. How about people giving them credit and realize they are a good team?
- Nov 29, 13, 11:02 PM #11
- Nov 29, 13, 11:05 PM #12
- Nov 29, 13, 11:07 PM #13I guess you can't read les. Plenty in this thread have given them their due. Why don't you get that burr out of your butt and just talk about the dang game instead of your hurt feelings over nobody giving them credit.
Last edited by Randy Parker; Nov 29, 13 at 11:56 PM.
- Nov 29, 13, 11:12 PM #14
- Nov 29, 13, 11:18 PM #15Not talking about Mayfield fans at all. Talking about the doubters from southeastern KY I know. With that said, I'll talk about what I want to. Don't like it? Don't read it. OK Mayfieldsportsfan?
- Nov 29, 13, 11:25 PM #16
- Join Date
- Aug 09
- 3 yds left of the 50, every Friday night
- Nov 29, 13, 11:46 PM #17
- Nov 29, 13, 11:49 PM #18If they were gonna take the chip off their shoulder it would have been after last week's win over Hazard. A team that had beaten them 2 years in a row. They were underdogs at home this week and blitzed Raceland. They have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. I doubt they'll let their players get that Chip off now against a dominant Mayfield team.
- Nov 29, 13, 11:54 PM #19
- Nov 30, 13, 04:45 AM #20
My only comment is that someone from Williamsburg said they let teams get ahead of them and then the 2nd half they put it on you. Well I have seen this Mayfield team and I for sure would not let them get to far ahead of you because they are a tremendous 2nd half team themselves. If they put together both halves look out they could beat anyone. JD
- Join Date
- Oct 01
- ERLANGER KENTUCKY