Mayfield vs. Bardstown predictions

Page 7 of Originally Posted by Hearsay I believe you'll get a clean game from Bardstown. This is a "good" team in every sense of that word. Mayfielders... 149 comments | 5590 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins the game?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bardstown

    51 56.67%
  • Mayfield

    39 43.33%
  1. #91

  2. cardinalsvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    618

    I hope that the people will come out in full force and be seen and heard this Friday...there was probably about 300 people that were in the softball field tailgate area for the booster club that was down there but you would not have known it...although it did look like a used car lot. And I agree with your statement about wanting the full experience...playoff weather is supposed to be cold...so hopefully they will get their bodies used to the cold as because if we are fortunate enough to get past B'town then they will have to be out in the cold next Saturday at Papa Johns...

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Ho ho ho 4 in a row
    Posts
    6,797

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsvoice
    I hope that the people will come out in full force and be seen and heard this Friday...there was probably about 300 people that were in the softball field tailgate area for the booster club that was down there but you would not have known it...although it did look like a used car lot. And I agree with your statement about wanting the full experience...playoff weather is supposed to be cold...so hopefully they will get their bodies used to the cold as because if we are fortunate enough to get past B'town then they will have to be out in the cold next Saturday at Papa Johns...

    Try tellin my wife that logic, but duck when you do

  4. #94

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    The City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    2,425

    Quote Originally Posted by Hearsay
    Are there any other Bardstown fans on BGP besides myself and Mr. No Name? We need more diversity on this thread, I feel outgunned.
    A Bardstown fan (Garnis Martin era) transplanted to Ft. Thomas, so I keep track of them only through BGP and the parents. Expect a heckuva game!!!

  5. #95
    titletownclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    8,049

    I'll be visiting my family in W Ky during the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm definitely going to make it to this game. Should be a real battle. It'll be weird sitting on the Mayfield side. I've never seen the field from that perspective. Having seen Bardstown, I know they will be ready to play. But, I have to give the nod to the home team in this one.

    Mayfield 24
    Bardstown 21

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Ho ho ho 4 in a row
    Posts
    6,797

    It will be nice to have you join us but I must insists there be no clowning around

  7. #97
    titletownclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    8,049

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpick
    It will be nice to have you join us but I must insists there be no clowning around

    I'd love to meet some of you guys too. I'll be easy to spot as the only guy at the game in a blue Danville hat. No clowning to be done, I can assure you.

  8. #98
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,458

    Quote Originally Posted by titletownclown
    I'll be visiting my family in W Ky during the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm definitely going to make it to this game. Should be a real battle. It'll be weird sitting on the Mayfield side. I've never seen the field from that perspective. Having seen Bardstown, I know they will be ready to play. But, I have to give the nod to the home team in this one.

    Mayfield 24
    Bardstown 21
    Clown, come sit with us! We put bourbon in our tailgate food . . . plus, you should be pulling for Region 2!

  9. #99
    titletownclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    8,049

    Quote Originally Posted by Hearsay
    Clown, come sit with us! We put bourbon in our tailgate food . . . plus, you should be pulling for Region 2!
    Man you tempt me so. I tend to pull for Mayfield when we aren't in it because of our long rivalry and because of the great sportsmanship between our two teams over the years. However, if Bardstown prevails, I will definitely be pulling for you in the title game.

  10. #100
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,458

    Quote Originally Posted by titletownclown
    Man you tempt me so. I tend to pull for Mayfield when we aren't in it because of our long rivalry and because of the great sportsmanship between our two teams over the years. However, if Bardstown prevails, I will definitely be pulling for you in the title game.
    Fair enough.

  11. #101

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Ho ho ho 4 in a row
    Posts
    6,797

    Clown wear your hat and we will make sure and give you a shout or give a pm. I am the same way, if we cant win it I always hope the Ads do for the same reasons

  12. #102

    Join Date
    Jun 05
    Posts
    862

    Look for Bardstown to go PJS and get beat by the Breds !!!

  13. #103
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,458

    Quote Originally Posted by The Head Director
    Look for Bardstown to go PJS and get beat by the Breds !!!
    See, this is what happens at 11:30 p.m. when a youngster has been overimbibing the quality adult beverages manufactured here in my county . . . in the wrong thread altogether . . . looking past his opponent . . . no respect for tradition . . . my review of the NCC-Somerset thread indicates an awful lot of ugliness going on over there . . . why give the opponent fuel for the fire? On the other hand, Go Briar Jumpers! . . . we need revenge for our ouster in the '99 playoffs anyway.

    Toothpick, GoBigRed, CardinalsVoice, help me shotput this Yankee out of here.

  14. #104
    titletownclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    8,049

    Quote Originally Posted by The Head Director
    Look for Bardstown to go PJS and get beat by the Breds !!!
    Actually I look for the "Breds" to go to PJS and lose their 3rd title game in a row over the last 6 years. Now which team beat them the 1st 2 times.. let me think.....hmmmmm.....it's coming to me.

  15. #105

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Posts
    1,668

    Quote Originally Posted by titletownclown
    Actually I look for the "Breds" to go to PJS and lose their 3rd title game in a row over the last 6 years. Now which team beat them the 1st 2 times.. let me think.....hmmmmm.....it's coming to me.
    Was it, could it have been, uuuuummmmmm, The Ads?? I think it was..Yeah, and the Cards put it to em a couple or 3 times themselves back in the 80's, early 90's, can't recall the exact years...

    Has NCC ever beat Mayfield or Danville or Bardstown, for that matter...I'm trying to think of a year and its not coming to me..

Top