Manual vs St.Xavier

Page 7 of Originally Posted by 02Ram54 Every time, huh? I didn't graduate oh so long ago, and in the space of my senior season to now, we've beaten Male AND Trin... 240 comments | 8198 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    Can't speak for X, but Trinity doesn't ever have 120 on the freshman team. A couple of years ago the freshman team got up over 100 but the past few years its been around the 85 range (and this years team was in the 70s). Latest stats shows Manual's enrollment at 1894, so lets say 947 boys. That should give us around 237 freshman boys. Trinity has 1,400 boys. That gives us 350 freshman boys. That means that 25% of Trinity's freshman go out for football to create the squad of 85. If 25% of Manual's freshman boys went out for football they would have a freshman squad of 60. Do they? It didn't look like 60 when we played back in september. Heck, if Manual's staff did as good a job of retaining players as Coach Glaser does, they would have a varsity squad of 90 to 100. When was the last time that happened? Maybe the playing field isn't as uneven as you think.
    Your numbers are wrong, for several reasons.

    For one thing, Manual's enrollment is about 1,500. If evenly split, that's 750 boys. In reality, there's probably 650 boys and 850 girls (and I'm erring on the side of caution here! It really was a wonderful place... ) That comes out to 162 boys per class. Go ahead and drop about 50 of them for YPAS, cause they really don't come out for football, and we're sitting at about 115 boys per class. If 1/3 of all the nerds came out for football, we'd get about 40 freshmen players. Which is about what you get.
    Advertisement

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    St. Matthews, Home of the 2006 and 17 time KY State Champion Trinity Shamrocks
    Posts
    6,464

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54
    Your numbers are wrong, for several reasons.

    For one thing, Manual's enrollment is about 1,500. If evenly split, that's 750 boys. In reality, there's probably 650 boys and 850 girls (and I'm erring on the side of caution here! It really was a wonderful place... ) That comes out to 162 boys per class. Go ahead and drop about 50 of them for YPAS, cause they really don't come out for football, and we're sitting at about 115 boys per class. If 1/3 of all the nerds came out for football, we'd get about 40 freshmen players. Which is about what you get.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but you are wrong. I got the numbers from JCPS. They list Manual as having a capacity of 1,800 and an enrollment of 1,894. Do you really think I would come on this board without the facts? I can tell you their average CAT scores, their Student/Teacher ratio, etc. Manual has a chance to work harder, get kids out and increase your numbers if you think that is the answer. Trust me, Manual doesn't have a monopoly on so called "nerds". Are YPAS students not allowed to play sports?

  3. #93
    RowdyRedRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    backed up against the wall
    Posts
    5,018

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    Sorry to burst your bubble but you are wrong. I got the numbers from JCPS. They list Manual as having a capacity of 1,800 and an enrollment of 1,894. Do you really think I would come on this board without the facts? I can tell you their average CAT scores, their Student/Teacher ratio, etc. Manual has a chance to work harder, get kids out and increase your numbers if you think that is the answer. Trust me, Manual doesn't have a monopoly on so called "nerds". Are YPAS students not allowed to play sports?
    LSU, it must be a typo unless they have found a way to cram 200 more students in the building than when I graduated.

    YPAS students usually have afterschool requirements that prevent them from playing sports. Also mostly they are singers, dancers, and actors not typically the athlete type.

  4. #94
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    Sorry to burst your bubble but you are wrong. I got the numbers from JCPS. They list Manual as having a capacity of 1,800 and an enrollment of 1,894. Do you really think I would come on this board without the facts? I can tell you their average CAT scores, their Student/Teacher ratio, etc. Manual has a chance to work harder, get kids out and increase your numbers if you think that is the answer. Trust me, Manual doesn't have a monopoly on so called "nerds". Are YPAS students not allowed to play sports?
    NO way your numbers are right LSU sorry.

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    985

    Can we get back to the game?

    :sleep:

  6. #96
    RowdyRedRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    backed up against the wall
    Posts
    5,018

    Quote Originally Posted by andigidy
    Can we get back to the game?

    :sleep:
    Sure,
    What wrinkles will St X put in this game?

  7. #97
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    After more research, both LSU and myself are wrong by about 200 total students; RRR appears to have hit the nail on the head. There are approximatly 1700 students at Manual.

    That makes about 45 freshmen that come out for football, if you take 1/3 of all non-YPAS males.

  8. #98
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    Trust me, Manual doesn't have a monopoly on so called "nerds". Are YPAS students not allowed to play sports?
    No, but so called "nerds" have a monopoly on Manual...

    And in most cases, no, not unless they want to fail their major. Being a YPAS student REQUIRES after school practices and evening performances.

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    St. Matthews, Home of the 2006 and 17 time KY State Champion Trinity Shamrocks
    Posts
    6,464

    Sorry guys but I'll stick with the official JCPS publication. No typo, just the facts. Did you know that your CATs index is one of only two in the county in triple digits, Manual is at 101.8 while Male edges you out at 102.1. However both of those schools declined since last year, Manual by 2.2% and Male by 1.6%. Pretty technical stuff huh? I've got pages of it. So as you can see I'm not making this stuff up and I'm not basing it on anyone's recollection. Just the cold hard facts in black and white. BTW, Male has a capacity of 1,634 and an enrollment of 1,683. As far as enrollment goes in JCPS high schools, only Eastern at 1,924 and PRP at 1,956 are larger than Manual. Sorry if this info doesn't square with your perception, but I assure you it is factual. You could look it up. Or you could call and have JCPS send you one like I did.

  10. #100
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Back to the game I think that the Crimsons need to play at the top of there game. No mental mistakes. But I think the Tigers are beatable. Make no mistake it is always harder to win the second time around for both sides, I think it could be a very good game!!

  11. #101
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    Sorry guys but I'll stick with the official JCPS publication. No typo, just the facts. Did you know that your CATs index is one of only two in the county in triple digits, Manual is at 101.8 while Male edges you out at 102.1. However both of those schools declined since last year, Manual by 2.2% and Male by 1.6%. Pretty technical stuff huh? I've got pages of it. So as you can see I'm not making this stuff up and I'm not basing it on anyone's recollection. Just the cold hard facts in black and white. BTW, Male has a capacity of 1,634 and an enrollment of 1,683. As far as enrollment goes in JCPS high schools, only Eastern at 1,924 and PRP at 1,956 are larger than Manual. Sorry if this info doesn't square with your perception, but I assure you it is factual. You could look it up. Or you could call and have JCPS send you one like I did.
    Your facts are wrong.

  12. #102
    RowdyRedRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    backed up against the wall
    Posts
    5,018

  13. #103

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    501

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    The KHSAA has you guys with two, 1959 and 1966.
    Meanwhile, Male has won six (60, 63, 64, 93, 98 and 00). X has won eleven (62, 69, 74, 75, 78, 86, 92, 95, 97, 99 and 04). Trinity has fifteen (modesty prevents me from listing them all).
    When referring to the Rocks football success is Modest LSU an oxymoron?

  14. #104
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    Sorry guys but I'll stick with the official JCPS publication. No typo, just the facts. Did you know that your CATs index is one of only two in the county in triple digits, Manual is at 101.8 while Male edges you out at 102.1. However both of those schools declined since last year, Manual by 2.2% and Male by 1.6%. Pretty technical stuff huh? I've got pages of it. So as you can see I'm not making this stuff up and I'm not basing it on anyone's recollection. Just the cold hard facts in black and white. BTW, Male has a capacity of 1,634 and an enrollment of 1,683. As far as enrollment goes in JCPS high schools, only Eastern at 1,924 and PRP at 1,956 are larger than Manual. Sorry if this info doesn't square with your perception, but I assure you it is factual. You could look it up. Or you could call and have JCPS send you one like I did.
    Well, some one at Manual needs to tell JCPS to get their facts straight. Becuase Manual quite clearly says they have between 1700 and 1800 nearly every year.

  15. #105
    RowdyRedRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    backed up against the wall
    Posts
    5,018

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54
    Well, some one at Manual needs to tell JCPS to get their facts straight. Becuase Manual quite clearly says they have around 1700.
    You get more money if you have more students.

Top