Louisville Power Rankings Oct 5, 2017
1. Trinity (7-0) Trinity continues its dominance by shutting out the number 2 team in the state, St. X 28-0. Next week's game versus Eastern could get ugly quick.
2. St. Xavier (5-1) X will stay at number 2 despite the loss. At this point, no one in Louisville 6A would give Trinity a much better game. X versus H will determine if X stays at number 2. Next week is another rival in Manual which has struggled with St. X over the past few decades.
3. Male (6-1) Great win for Male over a strong PRP. Next week is Bryan Station.
4. Pleasure Ridge Park (5-2) While PRP has back to back losses, they are from the number 2 and 3 team so hard to knock the Panthers too hard. Next will be against a very good Butler which should be a great game.
5. Christian Academy of Louisville (5-1) Nice win over a good Meade County. This week is the game of the week against undefeated DeSales. Both teams are playing strong.
6. DeSales (6-0) Great win over North Hardin. Now comes DeSales regular season nemesis, CAL. While CAL is ranked higher, this game is probably a toss up.
7. South Oldham (5-1) South Oldham took no mercy on Nelson County. Next week versus Bullitt East will probably be a solid win also.
8. Central (5-2) After its hiccup in the middle of the season, the Yellow Jackets are back with their impressive win over Waggener. Next is Bardstown.
9. Butler (5-2) Nice win over Manual last week. This week will be tough versus Number 4 PRP.
10. Manual (3-3) After reeling off three straight wins, Manual stumbles against Butler. Manual will stay ranked for the moment but St. X this week will probably put another one in the loss column.
Honorable Mention -
Meade County (4-3)
Bullitt Central (4-2)
Bullitt East (3-3)
Fern Creek (4-3)
Teams on the Rise Central making a nice recovery after their back to back losses a few weeks ago.
Teams on the Decline No one stands out.
Featured Game of the Week #5 Christian Academy versus #6 DeSales
Tags for this Thread