Louisville Power Rankings 9-13-17
1. Trinity (4-0) – Trinity took on it first KY opponent in the Male Bulldogs. Trinity's Defense looked incredible as they shut out the Bulldogs but the Offense struggled in the red zone. This week's game is up in the air as Hurricane Irma may prevent Champagnat Catholic (FL) from making it to Louisville.
2. St. Xavier (3-0) – The Fairdale Bulldogs were not expected to be able to give X much competition and they didn't as the Tigers beat Fairdale 56-14. This week X will face a much better competitor in Louisville Central for this week's Game of the Week.
3. Male (3-1) – A loss normally result in a drop in the rankings but because the loss was a respectable loss to Trinity, Male will stay where it is. This week should be easier but don't count out Western, they have been playing some fine football.
4. Christian Academy of Louisville (4-0) – Another week, another CAL victory. Last week over a good Etown. This week will be a trip to Newport Central Catholic where CAL will be favored but cannot expect an easy victory.
5. Pleasure Ridge Park (4-0) – PRP keeps playing some great football with its victory over North Hardin. The Panthers get a week off to prepare for their battle against the visiting Tigers of St. X.
6. DeSales (3-0) – The Colts had last week off to prepare for visiting Fern Creek this week. This week will be a good match up as a solid Fern Creek visits. The Tigers come into DeSales with back to back losses making DeSales the assumed favorite.
7. Central (3-1) – The Yellow Jackets have been playing outstanding football which makes the home loss to Ballard a bit of a head scratcher. For not Central stays #7 but how well they bounce back this week as they take on St. X will tell quite a bit.
8. South Oldham (2-1) South Oldham took care of North Oldham last week and now has to go North to Boone Co..
9. Butler (3-1) Congrats to Butler for making it into the Power Rankings with a solid win over Fern Creek. This week the Bears visit Doss.
10. Fern Creek (2-2) – Losing to Central was nothing to worry about, losing to Butler the very next week does bring attention to how things are going at the Creek and things get no easier as they have to visit DeSales this week.
Honorable Mention -
Bullitt Central (3-0)
Teams on the Rise – Butler entering the rankings this week.
Teams on the Decline – Fern Creek with back to back losses.
Featured Game of the Week – #2 St. X versus #7 Central