Litkenhous Ratings

Page 2 of https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...gs/1554491002/ Top 20: 1. Covington Catholic 2. Frederick Douglass 3. Mayfield 5. Christian Academy of Louisvill... 22 comments | 1364 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    142,773

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I mean really, is this ranking system actually supposed to be taken seriously?
    It can't be taken seriously. It is garbage and no one can explain what the numbers mean.

    Frankly I am a little surprised the Courier Journal still runs it.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    2,785

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    It can't be taken seriously. It is garbage and no one can explain what the numbers mean.

    Frankly I am a little surprised the Courier Journal still runs it.
    If I remember correctly, they used to determine the college national champ with these. That’s crazy think about. Although this year will probably crown Covington Catholic KY champs, and it will probably be right.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    367

    These always get better as the season progresses. Still, Male suffers for beating up on weaker opponents. X and Manual to finish the year should help that but maybe not enough to climb into the top 3. You have to rate T somewhere with their record but nobody in their right mind puts 15 teams ahead of the Rocks.

  4. #19
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    44,598

    Quote Originally Posted by Ham Bone View Post
    These always get better as the season progresses.
    No offense, but that is always the excuse for these things. We all know who the good teams are after the season is finished.

  5. #20
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    50,902

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    No offense, but that is always the excuse for these things. We all know who the good teams are after the season is finished.
    Exactly. That's a terrible disclaimer. And it doesn't look like this one is getting any better.

  6. #21
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    142,773

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    No offense, but that is always the excuse for these things. We all know who the good teams are after the season is finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Exactly. That's a terrible disclaimer. And it doesn't look like this one is getting any better.
    Right, and this formula wasn't built for magic numbers that don't fit, out of state teams, running clocks, and plain common sense.

  7. #22
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    44,598

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Exactly. That's a terrible disclaimer. And it doesn't look like this one is getting any better.
    What we should do is have people from all over the state that watch teams in person and by film and keep track of all the teams in the state vote and publish their findings as a way to rank teams.



    Oh wait, we already do that - The BluegrassPreps Rankings.

  8. #23
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    142,773

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    What we should do is have people from all over the state that watch teams in person and by film and keep track of all the teams in the state vote and publish their findings as a way to rank teams.



    Oh wait, we already do that - The BluegrassPreps Rankings.
    Our, the BluegrassPreps.com rankings, are subjective too.

    We are not trying to act all high and mighty here, but at least BGP puts in the work instead of relying on something that was created before World War II to sell newspapers.

Top