Kentucky High School Football Helmets: P- thru Pu-

Page 2 of Here's the next installment of the BGP football helmet preview. Again, feel free to add your own comments or photos in with the discussion. Earlier Pre... 27 comments | 1629 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    27,383

    One comment...I think the actual "Blue Tornado" mascot graphic at Paducah Tilghman is one of the absolute best around.

    Name:  Paducah Tilghman Logo - Alternate.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  76.2 KB
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    9,180

    Pburg has always had nice uniforms and jersey combos

    Really like Paris'

  3. #18
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    27,383

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    Pburg has always had nice uniforms and jersey combos
    Really like Paris'
    Prestonsburg and McCracken are the only programs I have come across thus far that have helmet alternates.

    I think the Paris logo is pretty awesome too.

  4. #19
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    9,180

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Prestonsburg and McCracken are the only programs I have come across thus far that have helmet alternates.

    I think the Paris logo is pretty awesome too.
    I want to say Pikeville has done it in the past.

    I am not sure "alternate" is the best way to describe it, but I know a year or two ago they mixed helmets up and did a throwback look one game and had a new modern design they used for another game.

    Name:  366e4078d04304aff6dfb2afc88ca3e7.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  17.0 KB

  5. #20
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    19,049

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    I'd go for a slightly larger dog on the helmet (it has always been small, though), but this is a great look.

  6. #21
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    19,049

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    PAINTSVILLE TIGERS

    Attachment 62868
    The "TIGERS" across the back is too busy for my taste but I like the P logo on the side.

  7. #22
    WESTSIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    259

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    These are probably my favorite helmets in all of KHSAA football.

  8. #23
    WESTSIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    259

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    I want to say Pikeville has done it in the past.

    I am not sure "alternate" is the best way to describe it, but I know a year or two ago they mixed helmets up and did a throwback look one game and had a new modern design they used for another game.

    Name:  366e4078d04304aff6dfb2afc88ca3e7.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  17.0 KB
    I liked Pikeville's plain, solid white helmets. I think they wore them in 1987 when they won their first of 3 state championships.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    46

    The Tilghman logo is copyrighted. I believe that there is only one place that can make the official logo, and that is a printing company in Paducah. There are so many copies and none of them look very good at all.

  10. #25
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    33,864

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    One comment...I think the actual "Blue Tornado" mascot graphic at Paducah Tilghman is one of the absolute best around.

    Name:  Paducah Tilghman Logo - Alternate.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  76.2 KB
    Have they ever sported this on their helmets? If not someon has some explaining to do.

  11. #26
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    33,864

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    I'd go for a slightly larger dog on the helmet (it has always been small, though), but this is a great look.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    224

    Season'll be over before we get through all the team's. When did this start, March?

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Oct 09
    Location
    Where dreams can move mountains
    Posts
    222

    Totally agree westside. Like to see the school set a standard for itself with the solid white helmet. Imo, it's got the old School look ; nothing fancy, but a tribute to the man who insisted it look that way, Hillard Howard.

Top