Jared Lorenzen New QB Coach at Highlands

Page 4 of Highlands just keeps reloading, not only players but coaches as well. Advertisement Last edited by Ram; Mar 26, 10 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Rule 13... 66 comments | 6950 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Frank329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    197

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdsfan View Post
    This is going to be an even more exciting season, now that we "went to Jared." *

    Can't wait to see the results of his teaching play out on Friday nights!









    *Somebody had to say it.
    Since coaching is teaching, it will be interesting to see if he can teach. Be that as it may: Congratulations to Jared!!!
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,524

    Quote Originally Posted by Bpiccolo View Post
    The current QB is 6'5 220. That just might happen.
    Unless Towles grew an inch and gained 40lbs overnight you gotta be talking about someone else.

    6'4 180 is about right but he is still growing.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    Quote Originally Posted by qryche11 View Post
    Unless Towles grew an inch and gained 40lbs overnight you gotta be talking about someone else.

    6'4 180 is about right but he is still growing.
    That's probably more accurate. Maybe somebody can input the true height and weight, not that that has anything to do with Jared Lorenzen getting hired as QB's coach for HHS.

    Has there ever been a true QB"s coach before at HHS? Anybody?

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    177

    You Highlands folks are so sensitive, I was not attacking your program! You are also dillusional if you think motivation and teaching do not play a huge part in high school coaching. Also I do not have any kid that lives in Northern KY. And the speech was to a small group of high school students, maybe 50, it wasn't the quality of his speaking that was undesirable it was the content.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Posts
    170

    Quote Originally Posted by some_guy View Post
    You Highlands folks are so sensitive, I was not attacking your program! You are also delusional if you think motivation and teaching do not play a huge part in high school coaching. Also I do not have any kid that lives in Northern KY. And the speech was to a small group of high school students, maybe 50, it wasn't the quality of his speaking that was undesirable it was the content.
    Ok, so what's your point.

  6. #51
    Henry521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    The Team From Fort Thomas AGAIN
    Posts
    8,641

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame View Post
    That's probably more accurate. Maybe somebody can input the true height and weight, not that that has anything to do with Jared Lorenzen getting hired as QB's coach for HHS.

    Has there ever been a true QB"s coach before at HHS? Anybody?
    Wasn't Gary Schrader the QB coach for awhile? Actually was Gary there while Jared was there or did Jared have someone else?

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    191

    Quote Originally Posted by qryche11 View Post
    Unless Towles grew an inch and gained 40lbs overnight you gotta be talking about someone else.

    6'4 180 is about right but he is still growing.
    I know for a fact he's 6'5 220.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixiedarling View Post
    I know for a fact he's 6'5 220.
    WOW! Must be some good home cooking because the kids don't gain weight in Dales conditioning program.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry521 View Post
    Wasn't Gary Schrader the QB coach for awhile? Actually was Gary there while Jared was there or did Jared have someone else?
    Gary was there at one time. Just don't kow if he had that label or was he an offensive coach? Just curious.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    191

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame View Post
    WOW! Must be some good home cooking because the kids don't gain weight in Dales conditioning program.
    With all due respect many Highlands players seek additional training especially in the off months, if there is such a thing. Some do speed type camps and others see nutritionist and so forth. I personally saw Patrick Towles weighed in at 220lbs and change within the last week. Glad to see Jared added to the team.

  11. #56
    Fishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    South Fort Thomas
    Posts
    1,856

    Quote Originally Posted by some_guy View Post
    Not sure how well this will work out for Highlands. Being a coach relies heavily on one's ability to motivate and after hearing the worst motivational speech I have ever heard given to athletes, by Lorenzen last summer, I wouldn't take him on my staff, which pains me because I WAS a fan when he played!
    Yeah, we wouldn't want him to have the chance to learn to motivate or anything like that.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Apr 09
    Posts
    888

    Worse than the one given by Bobby Buchea and LT???????????????????

  13. #58
    leatherneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 01
    Posts
    10,828

    Quote Originally Posted by some_guy View Post
    You Highlands folks are so sensitive, I was not attacking your program! You are also dillusional if you think motivation and teaching do not play a huge part in high school coaching. Also I do not have any kid that lives in Northern KY. And the speech was to a small group of high school students, maybe 50, it wasn't the quality of his speaking that was undesirable it was the content.
    Some kids need motivation; some are self motivated. Maybe the kids around your program need to be motivated; ours do not.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,925

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixiedarling View Post
    With all due respect many Highlands players seek additional training especially in the off months, if there is such a thing. Some do speed type camps and others see nutritionist and so forth. I personally saw Patrick Towles weighed in at 220lbs and change within the last week. Glad to see Jared added to the team.
    Just curious. What are the "off months" at Highlands? I'm not recalling that.

  15. #60
    Bird Bath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09
    Location
    Caketown
    Posts
    1,534

    Quote Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
    Some kids need motivation; some are self motivated. Maybe the kids around your program need to be motivated; ours do not.
    Agreed

Top