Jairus Brents - Waggener

Page 2 of Jairus just received an offer from Duke He will have MANY more before all said and done, you can't teach 4.3 - 4.4 speed Game one of this year stats: 6... 55 comments | 5703 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    2,612

    Quote Originally Posted by Realreason View Post
    He is a Jr., isn't well known because Waggener hasn't really had a strong football program in the past. He will be one of, if not the highest, recruited football player for his class to come out of KY by his senior year IMO. Speed, Speed, Speed, and great athletic ability doesn't hurt.
    Watched some videos, this kid in incredible
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    18,586

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    Would love to have seen this young man at a bigger school playing against better competition.
    While I understand your point, I'm glad he isn't at a bigger school. Too often kids at smaller class schools get knocked for that reason, but it is rare to see major D1 talent come out of Class 1A, 2A, and 3A and seeing a kid remain with his school is nice to see.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 13
    Posts
    1,145

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    While I understand your point, I'm glad he isn't at a bigger school. Too often kids at smaller class schools get knocked for that reason, but it is rare to see major D1 talent come out of Class 1A, 2A, and 3A and seeing a kid remain with his school is nice to see.
    He actually transferred down from Manual, where started as a freshma, to Waggener.

  4. #19
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    18,586

    Quote Originally Posted by Knights View Post
    He actually transferred down from Manual, where started as a freshma, to Waggener.
    Ah. Well delete what I said previously!

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jun 13
    Posts
    1,145

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    Is he the best kept secret in KY? I haven't heard much if anything about this young man. Is he a senior?
    He is the kid who was offered by UK and UofL in either the 7th or 8th grade. Got some national attention for that back then.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Richmond KY
    Posts
    596

    Here is the most resent list of his offers and Interest

    Offers:
    Boston College
    Central Michigan
    Duke
    Eastern Michigan
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Louisville
    Michigan St
    Miss St
    Tennessee
    Tennessee St
    Toledo
    USF
    Western Kentucky
    Wisconsin

    INTEREST:
    Alabama
    Michigan
    Ohio St
    Purdue
    Texas
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia

  7. #22
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,064

    Very explosive player. Bardstown contained him reasonably well in their game a few weeks ago, but everytime he touched the ball you gripped the edge of the bleachers because it looked like he could break it and go. Good luck, young man, much respect.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Richmond KY
    Posts
    596

    I always love to see the KY guys stay in KY, but being selfish, this is the one I have been waiting for..........Alabama offered..............ROLL TIDE ROLL.....you are now officially BIG time Congratulation!!!!

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Richmond KY
    Posts
    596

    Add 2 more to the list

    Florida
    NC State

    Congrats

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    2,458

    From this list of off the chart impressive offers, he must be the real deal. Can anyone explain what appears as very average season game stats on the KHSAA website? Injury?

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    26

    No offense to this young man - and I hope he takes advantage of the offers given to him - but after watching about 3 games of his I'm thinking these offers are more for track than football.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Posts
    30

    He did not play the majority of the season due to a high ankle sprain that he suffered on the opening kickoff of the season. He played as much as he could, but was never over 70% and still did not allow a completion all year.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by LegionofBoom View Post
    No offense to this young man - and I hope he takes advantage of the offers given to him - but after watching about 3 games of his I'm thinking these offers are more for track than football.
    No offense to you, however you clearly are not in the business of evaluating talent. This young man is one of the best if not the best defensive backs to ever play in Kentucky.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Richmond KY
    Posts
    596

    Syracuse just offered today, add another one to the list.

    All I can say is the best programs in the land have interest in him........SOMEBODY likes what they see, and he will do well wherever he ends up

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Richmond KY
    Posts
    596

    Wake Forest offered

Top