Is Tony Lewis out at Henderson County?

Page 7 of Originally Posted by cols We would be better with the chief coaching than Morris. Say What?? Advertisement Jan 31, 16, 11:29 PM #62 cols View Prof... 153 comments | 13927 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by cols View Post
    Lol okie, The Veer won 9 games in row for 5 years took us to four straight region title games. Two of those games we where in losing at Lou Male 14-7 in overtime, a game that we lead 7-0 and late in the game we threw instead of running the ball at the 2 yard they picked it off and ended up tying the game. The other lose Lou Bulter up 24-10 going into the fourth and got beat 31-24 in overtime. The Veer worked because Henderson will never have enough players out their to run the spread. Last year we didn't have a qb or a wr i think you would need at least one of those to run the spread. But we did have the school's all time leading rusher with over 3800 yards can you imagine what he would have had in the Veer or Wish Bone.
    Henderson was the #9 rushing team in 6A last year and won 4 games. Maybe you should try playing defense. All the arm chair fans who think they know something about football want to talk about offense and almost every time they want to do whatever the opposite is that their team is currently doing. Its a 3 phase sport.
    Advertisement

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    416

    I'm just saying the veer is not what set us back, And we where 6th in rushing because we passed the ball out of bounce and then handed off to one of the states best running backs and broke three tackles and got ten yards. Our offense and sp teams was the worse I have ever seen. The defense didn't get a chance three and outs by offense horrible punts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    Henderson was the #9 rushing team in 6A last year and won 4 games. Maybe you should try playing defense. All the arm chair fans who think they know something about football want to talk about offense and almost every time they want to do whatever the opposite is that their team is currently doing. Its a 3 phase sport.

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by cols View Post
    I'm just saying the veer is not what set us back, And we where 6th in rushing because we passed the ball out of bounce and then handed off to one of the states best running backs and broke three tackles and got ten yards. Our offense and sp teams was the worse I have ever seen. The defense didn't get a chance three and outs by offense horrible punts.
    By all means bring more people in the box to block and give the ball to your 150 pound midget at RB every single play. I saw film of Carter. Carter is a zone back. He was utilized perfectly.

  4. #94

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    416

    I don't care what we run on offense but don't run the spread when you don't have a qb or a wr. We had a great running back. We could have had the best d in the state wouldn't have won anymore games.

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by cols View Post
    I'm just saying the veer is not what set us back, And we where 6th in rushing because we passed the ball out of bounce and then handed off to one of the states best running backs and broke three tackles and got ten yards. Our offense and sp teams was the worse I have ever seen. The defense didn't get a chance three and outs by offense horrible punts.
    Awesome job not addressing a single point I made and continuing on the arm chair offense by the way. Cudos for your commitment.
    Maybe you should try playing defense. All the arm chair fans who think they know something about football want to talk about offense and almost every time they want to do whatever the opposite is that their team is currently doing. Its a 3 phase sport.

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by cols View Post
    I don't care what we run on offense but don't run the spread when you don't have a qb or a wr. We had a great running back. We could have had the best d in the state wouldn't have won anymore games.
    An actual fact is that the #1 defense in the state gave up 6 points per game. If you did that you would have been 11-0 because you scored at least 7 in every contest. Given some statistical variation i'd conservatively say 9-2. What style of defense did Henderson play by the way while giving up 31.6? Did the defense sustain as many injuries as the O?

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    416

    The defense had more injures than O!! The O wasn't any better than D all i was making a point to the guy that said the Veer sent us back. When we ran the Veer we also had really good D. And it didn't matter the style of D we played either because we couldn't tackle your grandma! lol.

  8. #98

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by cols View Post
    The defense had more injures than O!! The O wasn't any better than D all i was making a point to the guy that said the Veer sent us back. When we ran the Veer we also had really good D. And it didn't matter the style of D we played either because we couldn't tackle your grandma! lol.
    I don't know if you've noticed but I have countered all your points and gone back and forth trying to shed some light on reality. We left the veer guy behind a while ago. You've been getting trounced in a different conversation and haven't mentioned the veer for a while and I never did.

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    416

    Also if we had the number 1 d in that state it would be by the stats not pts. Just because you have the best scoring d dosen't mean you have the best defense. because our offense and sp teams scored a lot of pts for the other team. So vs Reitz we could have gave up 7 pts and 45 yards and still lost 28-14. It wasn't the defense fault they had two pick 6's and a punt return for a td. But we didn't have the best d and got beat 64-14. lol

  10. #100

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    416

    must of not seen the tape on Daviess where we ran the power I the whole game and it was our best game overall on the scoreboard and stats and the defense got a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    By all means bring more people in the box to block and give the ball to your 150 pound midget at RB every single play. I saw film of Carter. Carter is a zone back. He was utilized perfectly.

  11. #101

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by cols View Post
    must of not seen the tape on Daviess where we ran the power I the whole game and it was our best game overall on the scoreboard and stats and the defense got a break.
    Great example. Davies averaged allowing 28 ppg and you scored 28. Oh and I thought the offense coaches were the problem which is it are you bad on offense or good on offense?

  12. #102

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by cols View Post
    must of not seen the tape on Daviess where we ran the power I the whole game and it was our best game overall on the scoreboard and stats and the defense got a break.
    By the way you're still on this offense kick like a champion armchair qb. Do you know anything about defense? Do you care? Do you just have to talk points you've heard from other fans?

  13. #103

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by cols View Post
    must of not seen the tape on Daviess where we ran the power I the whole game and it was our best game overall on the scoreboard and stats and the defense got a break.
    You scored 48 on the scoreboard against Rietz memorial. Please tell me I don't have to fact check every single thing you say.

  14. #104
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by cols View Post
    The defense had more injures than O!! The O wasn't any better than D all i was making a point to the guy that said the Veer sent us back. When we ran the Veer we also had really good D. And it didn't matter the style of D we played either because we couldn't tackle your grandma! lol.
    FWIW, the okie's post was dripping with sarcasm.

  15. #105

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    416

    48 pts vs memorial how many pts did the offense hve to score of 50 yards?? Just 14pts d scored and we had field position due to turnovers and great punt returns. The Daviess county game was the best offense we had the next game we didn't see the power I and we didn't get 175 yards. The reason why nobody is talking defense is because nobody is saying the defense coach would be a great head coach. Since you know so much about Henderson county and defense who is the defense coach? And what do you know about him?

Top