Is there any credibility to the Eddie Eviston is leaving CovCath rumors floating around?

  1. #1
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    154,812

    Is there any credibility to the Eddie Eviston is leaving CovCath rumors floating around?

    Again, I don't know, but these comments popped up in the CCH/Freddie D state final thread:

    Besides Nally, Reardon, and Jacobs, who does CCH have returning and any JV kids that will step up and make a big impact for next year? Of course I hope coach Eviston sticks around but I have a feeling he may go on to bigger things.

    Topic for another thread, but the rumors are picking up momentum on this.

    Definitely have good football players that have waited their turn as was the case the last couple of years. Most of the kids on this years team didnít play last year.
    We can dive into that in another thread. I donít see Eddie leaving.

    ===============

    So I will ask again, is there any credibility to the "Eddie Eviston is leaving CovCath rumors" floating around?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    182

    How about letting the guy celebrate the championship for a couple of days before we cause heart failure for the CCH faithful lol. My question would be WHY?? Good staff, facilities, players from all over, school community support, etc. Coaches pay is a supplement to other responsibilities within the school community....even in Cincinnati. Don't think he's going to leave unless some moms and dads have issues with Junior's playing time.

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    154,812

    Quote Originally Posted by 9068 View Post
    How about letting the guy celebrate the championship for a couple of days before we cause heart failure for the CCH faithful lol. My question would be WHY?? Good staff, facilities, players from all over, school community support, etc. Coaches pay is a supplement to other responsibilities within the school community....even in Cincinnati. Don't think he's going to leave unless some moms and dads have issues with Junior's playing time.
    Tell that to Moeller (OH).

  4. #4
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,686

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Tell that to Moeller (OH).
    How much does a school like Moeller pay?

  5. #5
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    154,812

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    How much does a school like Moeller pay?
    Officially I assume not much like most schools, unofficially there is no telling what any school pays a coach they really want.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    10,285

    Who knows for sure, but I thought Moe was focusing on McLaughlin, the LaSalle coach? Pretty sure he is a Moe grad.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    25

    If this position opens up, look out for Eddie or FD's coach taking over at the Georgetown Tigers in the near future. They both graduated from there.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 19
    Posts
    33

    Jayden Stavia was a beast as a freshmen plus you have to look at the kids that played behind the 3 year starters. David Sullivan will be a great MLB. The JV team had tons of skilled players. Not sure what there line looks like. Anyone have anything on the big boys? According to there roster they have 2 big sophomores Hovan and Dietz.

  9. #9
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    33,213

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    Who knows for sure, but I thought Moe was focusing on McLaughlin, the LaSalle coach? Pretty sure he is a Moe grad.
    If I were Moeller, I would be focused on finding a proven head coach.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,688

    Quote Originally Posted by YOUTH2019 View Post
    Jayden Stavia was a beast as a freshmen plus you have to look at the kids that played behind the 3 year starters. David Sullivan will be a great MLB. The JV team had tons of skilled players. Not sure what there line looks like. Anyone have anything on the big boys? According to there roster they have 2 big sophomores Hovan and Dietz.
    I think Stava will be one of the most talented running backs CCH has ever had.

  11. #11
    CCHDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Location
    Crescent Springs, KY
    Posts
    690

    How did this rumor even start? If Eviston left it'd be far too soon. 3 straight undefeated seasons and he just leaves? He has a thing going here, why end it so soon?

  12. #12
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    33,213

    Quote Originally Posted by CCHDynasty View Post
    How did this rumor even start? If Eviston left it'd be far too soon. 3 straight undefeated seasons and he just leaves? He has a thing going here, why end it so soon?
    He had a good thing going at New Cath and left there, right?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 19
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    I think Stava will be one of the most talented running backs CCH has ever had.
    I think he was hurt all year. Hopefully he is healthy.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    10,285

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    If I were Moeller, I would be focused on finding a proven head coach.
    McLaughlin coached LaSalle to the GCL championship and the Ohio D2 state championship this year. Those are nice bullet points on the resume. And LaSalle is set up to be very good next year as well.

  15. #15
    Tones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    418

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    I think Stava will be one of the most talented running backs CCH has ever had.
    That is some big praise, hopefully he is able to make it happen.

Top