Is NKY one upset away from having no State Finalist???

Page 2 of Dayton, Ludlow, Green Co (winless in 04) and Grant should have Newport ready to peak. Strong...... 76 comments | 2989 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    If AA is represented, it will be Newport instead of Lloyd.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,534

    Quote Originally Posted by cshs81
    If AA is represented, it will be Newport instead of Lloyd.
    What in the history of the two in AA lead you to that conclusion? IMO there is no way Newport can beat Russell and Belfry/P-Burg...

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    NKY has two favorites at this point to win it all, so one upset isn't going to be good enough...
    There is a difference between a heavy favorite (think Highlands team with Lorenzen at QB) and a slight favorite among many quality teams.

    I wouldn't classify Beechwood/NCC or Highlands as heavy favorites for a title or even a state final this year.

    Seems more like 2001 and 2002 in NKY this year. One upset.

  4. #19
    leatherneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 01
    Posts
    10,828

    Also don't forget that the AAA semifinals will be played in N. Ky will it not? Having that game at home is a huge advantage. How many times in the last 20 years has an eastern Kentucky school come up here and beaten a northern Kentucky AAA school in the semis? Not very often that's for sure.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    Medium Well, that's the way I like 'em.
    You wanted it Medium rare in the Boone / CCH thread? You expect me to buy you a better steak than APNW, so you changed your heat preference?

  6. #21
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,512

    Quote Originally Posted by leatherneck
    Also don't forget that the AAA semifinals will be played in N. Ky will it not? Having that game at home is a huge advantage. How many times in the last 20 years has an eastern Kentucky school come up here and beaten a northern Kentucky AAA school in the semis? Not very often that's for sure.
    Good point!

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    You wanted it Medium rare in the Boone / CCH thread? You expect me to buy you a better steak than APNW, so you changed your heat preference?
    I knew you would catch that! You caught me.
    I just assumed you had the big bucks for a nice strip.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    So let me get this straight, we're going to get four teams to the semi finals and then all four teams are going to loose? Medium Well, that's the way I like 'em.
    Don't think I said that.

    I said think 2001.

    NewCath made it to the final (think if they had been upset that year)

    Lloyd bounced 2nd round

    CovCath lost to Rock in the semi

    All 4 AAAA teams lost in round 1.

  9. #24
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,534

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    There is a difference between a heavy favorite (think Highlands team with Lorenzen at QB) and a slight favorite among many quality teams.

    I wouldn't classify Beechwood/NCC or Highlands as heavy favorites for a title or even a state final this year.

    Seems more like 2001 and 2002 in NKY this year. One upset.
    Who in the East in A-AAA can come into NKY and pull the upset. Take off the blinfold while shooting, and enlighten us as to what teams you feel will allow this to happen....

  10. #25
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,534

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    Don't think I said that.

    I said think 2001.

    NewCath made it to the final (think if they had been upset that year)

    Lloyd bounced 2nd round

    CovCath lost to Rock in the semi

    All 4 AAAA teams lost in round 1.
    Cov Cath WAS one upset, so again two will be needed...

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    I knew you would catch that! You caught me.
    I just assumed you had the big bucks for a nice strip.
    If Boone gets to 31 you will find out.

  12. #27
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,512

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    If Boone gets to 31 you will find out.
    If that's the case, you should spring for a nice FILLET MIGNON.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Who in the East in A-AAA can come into NKY and pull the upset. Take off the blinfold while shooting, and enlighten us as to what teams you feel will allow this to happen....

    Who would have thought Rockcastle Co would come into CovCath and beat them on their home field after CovCath had dispatched Highlands??

    Wasn't everyone just about sure that CovCath would roll right into the finals that year? Weren't people talking about a running clock for CovCath?

    Things happen

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Cov Cath WAS one upset, so again two will be needed...
    That year was an upset as Rockcastle rose quickly. This year if wouldn't be such a shocker as I mentioned neither Highlands or CovCath is thought of as a dominate team/heavy favorite.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,507

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    But I think we proved last season that it is possible.
    With last season, possible, at best. Probable, not really....

Top