Is NCC going to win them a State Title ???

Page 2 of Originally Posted by Toothpick I see now I got it, your right, you didnt get to this point by not being a great football team... 97 comments | 3749 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Quote Originally Posted by jumperfootball
    Hold on while I review my statement. No I don't believe I said anything about BGP. I said the North, meaning anyone affiliated with NKY football it seems, not mentioning any specific teams. The EKY and SEKY teams get no credit for their achievements, and NKY teams think that they are going to just show up and win. They may win, they may not, I respect NCC as a team, but they better be ready to play.
    Wow! I never realized till now that in 1A we are the Louisville of the state.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    makaveliX2801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    16,579

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    Wow! I never realized till now that in 1A we are the Louisville of the state.



    It's very true.

  3. #18
    BIGZIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky
    Posts
    4,987

    Funny how confident NCC has become now that their one big obstacle (Beechwood, Yeagle) have been taken out of the equation. Not by NCC of course. Before you start your state championship celebration you might want to win 2 more games. Heres hoping that you do win state but I doubt Somerset or either Mayfield or Bardstown is going to roll over and play dead.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    436

    Here's my hope for the 4 state champs:

    A - ncCATHOLIC
    AA - oCATHOLIC (or DeSales)
    AAA - lexCATHOLIC
    AAAA - (one of the big ole louisville)CATHOLICS

    A great weekend of play for you "privates" and just what us "publics" need to make IT happen!

  5. #20
    Agent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Mt Adams
    Posts
    1,195

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGZIG
    Funny how confident NCC has become now that their one big obstacle (Beechwood, Yeagle) have been taken out of the equation. Not by NCC of course. Before you start your state championship celebration you might want to win 2 more games. Heres hoping that you do win state but I doubt Somerset or either Mayfield or Bardstown is going to roll over and play dead.

    I think the person that started this thread is a newport fan.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Ho ho ho 4 in a row
    Posts
    6,797

    Quote Originally Posted by garrardgnat
    Here's my hope for the 4 state champs:

    A - ncCATHOLIC
    AA - oCATHOLIC (or DeSales)
    AAA - lexCATHOLIC
    AAAA - (one of the big ole louisville)CATHOLICS

    A great weekend of play for you "privates" and just what us "publics" need to make IT happen!
    garrardgnat you Catholic?

  7. #22

  8. NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,511

    Quote Originally Posted by garrardgnat
    Here's my hope for the 4 state champs:

    A - ncCATHOLIC
    AA - oCATHOLIC (or DeSales)
    AAA - lexCATHOLIC
    AAAA - (one of the big ole louisville)CATHOLICS

    A great weekend of play for you "privates" and just what us "publics" need to make IT happen!
    Weak.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    Southgate
    Posts
    6,592

    When you get to the Semis everyone left has a good team and is probably playing the best that they have played all year . That said I hope that the Breds can pull it off because I'm an alumnus along with two of my kids and my third kid is a senior this year. Good luck Breds I hope you win it all but every team that is playing this weekend has to be considered a potential State Champ.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by garrardgnat
    Here's my hope for the 4 state champs:

    A - ncCATHOLIC
    AA - oCATHOLIC (or DeSales)
    AAA - lexCATHOLIC
    AAAA - (one of the big ole louisville)CATHOLICS

    A great weekend of play for you "privates" and just what us "publics" need to make IT happen!
    Would you like a little cheese with that whine?

  11. #26
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,445

    Quote Originally Posted by jumperfootball
    Hold on while I review my statement. No I don't believe I said anything about BGP. I said the North, meaning anyone affiliated with NKY football it seems, not mentioning any specific teams. The EKY and SEKY teams get no credit for their achievements, and NKY teams think that they are going to just show up and win. They may win, they may not, I respect NCC as a team, but they better be ready to play.
    Based on the track record of the teams from the North, don't you think they have earned the right to be a little arrogant? Haven't they pretty much owned 1A for a while?

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    94

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS
    Based on the track record of the teams from the North, don't you think they have earned the right to be a little arrogant? Haven't they pretty much owned 1A for a while?
    A north team has won once in the past 5 years, and I don't think you mean team"s", I think you mean Beechwood only.

  13. #28
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,511

    NCC did make it to the carpet twice in the past few years.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Posts
    1,668

    The Northern Ky area is very solid in 1a, but, definately not dominant and have certainly not owned 1a, especially since Mayfield and Danville moved down a class, and as someone else pointed out, "don't you mean Beechwood", because I don't recall anyone else from NKy winning it in a very long,long time...

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    94

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN
    NCC did make it to the carpet twice in the past few years.
    Yes, which is great, but they were beat both times by Danville, a non-NKY team. Also an undefeated Mayfield (non-NKY) beat Beechwood in '02, so how can he say that NKY has owned 1A lately.

Top