Is it time for Bob Beatty to leave Trinity?

  1. #1
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    152,685

    Is it time for Bob Beatty to leave Trinity?

    First I want to say I think Bob Beatty is a phenomenal high school coach and I think Trinity/all of us/the State of Kentucky is LUCKY to have him!

    With all that said, I was a little caught off guard by this but from another thread on BGP I present the following:

    "Based on JV and Freshman performance the past 2 years, I can’t see Beatty staying on past next year." - bruin66

    "Back to my original statement, the talent level is simply not there as it has been in the Trinity pipeline. That indicates to me that there is not as much effort going in to attracting future players as perhaps has been done in the past. To me, that is the “tea leaves” talking as to the future intentions of the head coach." - bruin66

    "Obviously, whenever Beatty decides to step away, his replacement will have gigantic shoes to attempt to fill." - TheDeuce

    "I feel a bit sorry for whoever has that task of replacing Beatty; never easy being the man replacing the man." - LongTimeReader

    "Drawing conclusion that Beatty would leave b/c of down Fr-Soph class is less accurate IMO than he might step down because he is just ready to retire." - Tigers20-22

    "I think Beatty is gone after next season regardless. I know a lot of people are not only anticipating it, but looking forward to it. He has done wonders with the program at Trinity, but has made moves that have left many upset. I've already heard a few names of possible replacements. Don't be surprised when it happens." - NLTanker1

    "I have no idea when Coach Beatty will choose to retire, but I suppose that for anyone in their sixties retirement isn't that far away. When he does retire, he will leave behind a record of accomplishment that I believe is unmatched in Kentucky high school history." - Trinity alum

    "Truth be told, most would like to see him leave after this season. It’s also no secret he has done nothing to “Sell Trinity” as a viable option for academics and athletics. The last two freshman football teams are perfect examples of this. I have been told, quite a few of the coaches in the CSAA and the other leagues, are not fans of him or his coaching. I have heard, there have been some several “on the fence” players that choose to attend other programs, instead of Trinity, because of the coach!" - rdr1984

    I will ask the question again, is it time for Bob Beatty to leave Trinity?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,674

    The time for Beatty to leave Trinity is whenever Beatty says so.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    With the exception of Male, is there any Ky team with more than two victories over the Rocks in the last 10 years? The man is a coach in "the very elite group of the best". He has earned the right to name his time.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    11,071

    It's up to him.

  5. #5
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    7,506

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    With the exception of Male, is there any Ky team with more than two victories over the Rocks in the last 10 years? The man is a coach in "the very elite group of the best". He has earned the right to name his time.
    St.X has beat him 4 times in last 10 years. No question Beatty has stellar record. With his age and if has eye on retirement after next year would be the time to go, but he has earned to be able to leave when he sees fit.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    359

    I think he has earned the right to leave when he wants to. His record of success is unparalleled. Trinity was a historically outstanding program before he took over, but he has certainly taken them to another level entirely. My comments in the other threads about the talent, or lack thereof, in the past two freshman classes was more of letting the facts tell the story about when he will probably depart.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    2,547

    It is hard to take a top tier program higher but Beatty has certainly taken Trinity to a level that may not be reached by any other KY school and may not be able to be sustained when he decides it’s time to step away. But I did hear rumblings at the St. X/Trinity freshman game this season that next year is looking to be Beatty’s last year. The main evidence for that would be their current freshman and sophomore classes compared to Male and more specifically St. X’s classes. Should he retire? As a fan of KY high school football I will selfishly say no because his teams bring out the best in every opponent and it’s a great feeling when your team is able to beat his team.

  8. #8
    JIM SEYMOUR # 85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    2,224

    Wishful thinking perhaps.......................

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    455

    My Cousin starts defense for Trinity, and he told me after his Junior class graduates it will be some down years for Trinity. He seems to think that Coach Beatty will step down when his Junior class graduates.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    490

    If he steps down based on the talent just not being there anymore, you would have to look at the contributing factors as why it just isn't there.
    1. There are a lot of good programs around the Louisville area.
    2. The cost of a Catholic education and those schools pulling talent away from each other.
    3. The declining draw of football to parents of young kids these days, there are a lot of other activities that compete with football anymore.

  11. #11
    Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    24,546

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    The time for Beatty to leave Trinity is whenever Beatty says so.
    I almost never disagree with you Deuce, but I disagree with this. There comes a time for every legendary coach to hang it up. Only problem, sometimes the legendary coach doesn't realize it is time. I don't know if that time has arrived for Beatty, but it comes for everyone at some point.

  12. #12
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,674

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldbird View Post
    I almost never disagree with you Deuce, but I disagree with this. There comes a time for every legendary coach to hang it up. Only problem, sometimes the legendary coach doesn't realize it is time. I don't know if that time has arrived for Beatty, but it comes for everyone at some point.
    I hear you, and I agree with your point.

    My post was mainly aimed at those who have alluded to people actually wanting Beatty to be gone. He won a title two seasons ago, is one of two favorites this year, and will likely be the favorite next year. Anybody that says he "should" go, at least right now, is a fool.

  13. #13
    Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    24,546

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I hear you, and I agree with your point.

    My post was mainly aimed at those who have alluded to people actually wanting Beatty to be gone. He won a title two seasons ago, is one of two favorites this year, and will likely be the favorite next year. Anybody that says he "should" go, at least right now, is a fool.
    Order is restored. We still agree.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    926

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I hear you, and I agree with your point.

    My post was mainly aimed at those who have alluded to people actually wanting Beatty to be gone. He won a title two seasons ago, is one of two favorites this year, and will likely be the favorite next year. Anybody that says he "should" go, at least right now, is a fool.
    If you're not already, I would suggest befriending some parents of players at the games. Listen to their perspective. And if not that, talk to former staff members of the team. Coaches, managers, stat guys...you'll understand a little more.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    2,547

    Lets work on the assumption Beatty isn't going anywhere, when is the last time he has two back to back classes that are "sub par" to the Trinity standard?

Top