Is daddy ball back in Union?

Page 7 of Originally Posted by CoachJ Whenever I hear the 'coach plays politics' brought up, all I can think of is why would I choose to play a kid I KNOW is wor... 103 comments | 7517 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Up on top the pressbox @ Ryle football games.
    Posts
    5,323

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    I think you may be a bit unfair to Pigskin. Never said any of the coaches kids aren't good enough to start. What was said was they still have several dad's on the coaching staff. It is nowhere as bad as it was in years past before Engler got there though and we all can agree to that.

    Pigskin was simply pointing out when someone said there weren't dad's on the staff that there actually still were. I didn't see where Pigskin ever said anything negative about any of them there now though.
    Fair enough, who could come in and totally dismantle the volunteer staff? Not all the coaches are paid. Many coaches give their time away from their own and heart out to all the kids. Not just their own. Boones staff all walked after the coaching change , it was disastrous to the program. HS football in Boone county like it or not is dependent on volunteers due to the financial restrictions. To lable them all in a bad light because of past issues is not right. I know some of these men personally and they are in it for the community and best interest of the team. It really ticks me off and offends me to hear the garbage that they are not, and I have no problem calling a spade a spade. I would be the first to say and speak up against that crap. Even thought about moving when my oldest was in 8th grade. We are past that and I support our coaching staff 100 because they are making students, young men and athletes the right way!!!!!!
    Advertisement

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    749

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Nation View Post
    Fair enough, who could come in and totally dismantle the volunteer staff? Not all the coaches are paid. Many coaches give their time away from their own and heart out to all the kids. Not just their own. Boones staff all walked after the coaching change , it was disastrous to the program. HS football in Boone county like it or not is dependent on volunteers due to the financial restrictions. To lable them all in a bad light because of past issues is not right. I know some of these men personally and they are in it for the community and best interest of the team. It really ticks me off and offends me to hear the garbage that they are not, and I have no problem calling a spade a spade. I would be the first to say and speak up against that crap. Even thought about moving when my oldest was in 8th grade. We are past that and I support our coaching staff 100 because they are making students, young men and athletes the right way!!!!!!
    Don't move just for sports. Life is much bigger than that. Unless you are short changed. Meaning son has a D1 offer at let say QB and coach said you will be a CB. That doesn't happen very often. Most coaches are fair. Things tend to play out the right way. My son was asked to open enroll at a school by the head coach of that school. I thought about it. As the head coach at the school he ended up going to never talked to him or me. I didn't and things worked out GREAT!!

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Up on top the pressbox @ Ryle football games.
    Posts
    5,323

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang75 View Post
    Don't move just for sports. Life is much bigger than that. Unless you are short changed. Meaning son has a D1 offer at let say QB and coach said you will be a CB. That doesn't happen very often. Most coaches are fair. Things tend to play out the right way. My son was asked to open enroll at a school by the head coach of that school. I thought about it. As the head coach at the school he ended up going to never talked to him or me. I didn't and things worked out GREAT!!
    Same here, things are great and my kids are surrounded with quality caring people.

  4. #94

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    From another thread somebody said one qb would win the starting position because to much politics going on with Dad for him to not go there and start. So what is going on in Union? Anyone?
    It is nice to see there is internet service in the unicorporated parts Indebygodpendence KY

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by coach1980 View Post
    O'Hara would look great in an Eagle uniform...
    Eagle????? I wasn't aware Scott had football

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    Wow!

  7. #97
    Bird Bath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09
    Location
    Caketown
    Posts
    1,546

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    Wow!
    Says the Man from the wrestling school!

  8. #98

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Somerset ky..at heart. Taylormill Eagle 's nest
    Posts
    717

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCru7 View Post
    Eagle????? I wasn't aware Scott had football
    You obviously aren't up with new current events ...they have been successful the last couple of seasons , as will be again this one coming season . Your a joke !!

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    1,017

    They've gotten better. But when was the last time they won a playoff game? Hopefully they break the trend this year, but until then, no playoff wins over the last few seasons constitutes not very good.

  10. #100

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Somerset ky..at heart. Taylormill Eagle 's nest
    Posts
    717

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan08 View Post
    They've gotten better. But when was the last time they won a playoff game? Hopefully they break the trend this year, but until then, no playoff wins over the last few seasons constitutes not very good.
    I will give ya that .. They haven't won a playoff game or many games , up until recently having back to back winning seasons and being able to be competitive with teams when they do lose. They also have beefed up the schedule this season playing more competitive teams in the out of district play . The staff and kids, and community have come along way as a whole to change the stereotype comments and reputation of Scott not having a football team ...!! It is only a matter of time , and Scott will be on the map for going deeper in the playoffs . I also see even if they do there will be a few people still biting at the bit to put them down . This should be a good season , for the Eagles .

  11. #101

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    1,017

    So if you're so concerned with the perception of your program why are you all over this thread downing another program and encouraging one of their players to transfer?

  12. #102

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Somerset ky..at heart. Taylormill Eagle 's nest
    Posts
    717

    Transfer was in joking fashion, actually know O'Hara family well . Downing another program ? Not exactly, just in hopes O'Hara is getting a shot to do and show his talent . I think O'Hara has talent, and have seen him play since he was 5.

  13. #103

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    1,017

    That's fine. But how does commenting on a situation you don't know anything about benefit him in any way? All you're doing is trying to further a negative perception about another program that isn't true. They've turned a corner as has Scott. The incessant back and forth about who plays what position seems a little pointless and counter productive to me.

  14. #104

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    749

    Agreed!! This is ridiculous!

Top