Is Caverna looking for a new football coach for the 5th time in 5 years?

  1. #1
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    26,041

    Is Caverna looking for a new football coach for the 5th time in 5 years?

    ...I'm hearing that they are. Any word on what Coach Thacker is up to?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    764

    I do know for a fact that he had accidentally hit "reply all" on more than 1 occasion when inquiring about potentially vacant asst. coaching positions around the state on the ListServ for football.

  3. #3
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    19,503

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotsnakes View Post
    I do know for a fact that he had accidentally hit "reply all" on more than 1 occasion when inquiring about potentially vacant asst. coaching positions around the state on the ListServ for football.
    IF you hit reply on those ListServ it replies to all. That mistake is made more often than you think.

  4. #4
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    18,816

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    IF you hit reply on those ListServ it replies to all. That mistake is made more often than you think.
    Hilariously often. (Remembering Green County's coach commenting about neighboring county football programs!)

  5. #5
    ChiefSmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    US 68
    Posts
    1,393

    It is called.... the " Ray Graham rule.".... do NOT hit reply to all! Lol. I can say that. Ray & I have been friends for 40+ years! Great man.

  6. #6
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    19,503

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSmoke View Post
    It is called.... the " Ray Graham rule.".... do NOT hit reply to all! Lol. I can say that. Ray & I have been friends for 40+ years! Great man.
    You don't have to hit reply to all on those ListServ. that is what gets people.

  7. #7
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    19,503

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Hilariously often. (Remembering Green County's coach commenting about neighboring county football programs!)
    Yes, that was comical.

  8. #8
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    26,041

    So, dumb question, is it really that tough for the ListServ to figure out how to provide a communication platform that isn't so prone to blunders?

  9. #9
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    26,041

    Also....anyone willing to confirm or deny whether or not Shawn Thacker is seeking greener pastures?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 06
    Posts
    1,171

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Hilariously often. (Remembering Green County's coach commenting about neighboring county football programs!)
    I used to have that one saved. Mike Griffith trashed the local teams to EVERYONE who subscribed. Too funny.

  11. #11
    ChiefSmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    US 68
    Posts
    1,393

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    You don't have to hit reply to all on those ListServ. that is what gets people.
    Correct... my bad. If you hit reply, it goes to everybody.

  12. #12
    ChiefSmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    US 68
    Posts
    1,393

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSmoke View Post
    It is called.... the " Ray Graham rule.".... do NOT hit REPLY! Lol. I can say that. Ray & I have been friends for 40+ years! Great man.
    Corrected.

  13. #13
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    19,503

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSmoke View Post
    Corrected.
    there are some dandies sent.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    6,499

    Anyone who's used Listserv has probably made that mistake at least once. I know I have. It's especially easy to do when replying on your phone and it just shows the persons name who sent the email.

Top