Is Bell County trying to lure back Taylor County's Dudley Hilton?

Page 5 of I've got it from a couple of sources that Bell County is offering Coach Hilton over and above what he is making at Taylor County to head back to the Bo... 74 comments | 11350 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    Wrigley Field
    Posts
    17,570

    Heard he's headed back to Bell...
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    9,812

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelstat View Post
    I don't know if that will happen but I wish Coach Hilton the best and if he does go back to Bell then 3A better watch out for Bell in the next few years.
    Going to take more than the next few years for Bell to threaten in 3A.

    The gap between Bell to Belfry and Corbin is "deep and wide" right now on all levels.

    Hilton has built Bell so he knows what it takes, but I am going to say it will be a minimum of three years before Bell will even be able to stay within 3 TD's of the Pirates and Redhounds with where their respective programs currently are at.

  3. #63
    WOFOJP61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    975

    According to Nate Bryan of Courier-Journal on twitter He is the new head coach and AD at bell county.

  4. #64
    Nathaniel Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    @NateInSports
    Posts
    661

    Quote Originally Posted by WOFOJP61 View Post
    According to Nate Bryan of Courier-Journal on twitter He is the new head coach and AD at bell county.
    I write for the Courier-Journal, but I do NOT work for them. I am not on their payroll and I do not receive benefits. I also freelanced for the Danville (one football game, plus state cross country meet) and the Cincinnati paper (Simon Kenton first-round girls soccer state tournament game) and have freelanced for the Bowling Green paper before (as well as call live TV football/soccer/softball games for HCEC-TV in Hardin County).

    That being said, Hilton's Taylor job was posted by the Taylor AD. So he is definitely out at Taylor. Two sources close to the Taylor County program both gave me the same answer: Bell County as coach/AD.

    If both my sources are wrong -- and I've known each of them for more than a decade -- then I will be floored.

  5. #65
    WOFOJP61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    975

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Bryan View Post
    I write for the Courier-Journal, but I do NOT work for them. I am not on their payroll and I do not receive benefits. I also freelanced for the Danville (one football game, plus state cross country meet) and the Cincinnati paper (Simon Kenton first-round girls soccer state tournament game) and have freelanced for the Bowling Green paper before (as well as call live TV football/soccer/softball games for HCEC-TV in Hardin County).

    That being said, Hilton's Taylor job was posted by the Taylor AD. So he is definitely out at Taylor. Two sources close to the Taylor County program both gave me the same answer: Bell County as coach/AD.

    If both my sources are wrong -- and I've known each of them for more than a decade -- then I will be floored.
    Okay sorry saw CJ on your bio and knew I've head some things by you from them.

  6. #66
    Watusi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    I'm on top of the world.
    Posts
    37,103

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Bryan View Post
    I write for the Courier-Journal, but I do NOT work for them.
    Do they pay you for your work or is it all just volunteer?

  7. #67
    Nathaniel Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    @NateInSports
    Posts
    661

    Quote Originally Posted by Watusi View Post
    Do they pay you for your work or is it all just volunteer?
    They pay per story, just like when I covered the Danville-LaRue football game in 2016 for the Danville paper or the Simon Kenton-Bethlehem girls soccer game for NKY.com.

  8. #68
    Nathaniel Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    @NateInSports
    Posts
    661

    Quote Originally Posted by WOFOJP61 View Post
    Okay sorry saw CJ on your bio and knew I've head some things by you from them.
    Nothing to be sorry for.

    I speak for myself, but NOTHING I post/say represents them.

    I like them and they treat me well, but if I say something stupid, that's ALL ON ME. Don't hold them accountable. As I've heard someone else put it, "I'm NOT their representative or senator in Congress."

  9. #69
    Watusi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    I'm on top of the world.
    Posts
    37,103

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Bryan View Post
    They pay per story, just like when I covered the Danville-LaRue football game in 2016 for the Danville paper or the Simon Kenton-Bethlehem girls soccer game for NKY.com.
    Good. The way you said that "I don't work for them" I was afraid you were working for free.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Mar 16
    Posts
    20

    A former Paducah guy may be in the running for the Taylor County job. Should know Monday.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    80

    I have heard the same

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    1,017

    Does no one want to say that they are trying to lure Perry Thomas over from Campbellsville University?

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    16,067

    Quote Originally Posted by StudRB View Post
    I have heard the same
    Love the avatar. The Tyler Rose.

  14. #74
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,115

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan08 View Post
    Does no one want to say that they are trying to lure Perry Thomas over from Campbellsville University?
    Sure seems like that's what was to be read between the lines. Unless they're making a play for Kurt Barber now that he's available.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    1,662

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Sure seems like that's what was to be read between the lines. Unless they're making a play for Kurt Barber now that he's available.
    Or Mike Rogers...

Top