I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

Page 3 of First I want to say I was VERY IMPRESSED with their knowledge of high school football. It was more than just Highlands too, wow! I am going to throw so... 433 comments | 45456 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,263

    Quote Originally Posted by Runcible Owl View Post
    Attachment 69595

    “… as you know, is now in med school ... Why thank you, yes, I’d love another cosmo … What a delightful cologne, I must get some for my husband ... “

    “But seriously G, I don’t care if my Tommy plays, we need to have our best athletes go both ways to beat Cov Cath. We need a new OC too, to be honest. What do you think?”
    Thanks for reminding me RO!

    The mommies also told me there will be a lot more players playing both ways in 2020.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,263

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    To replace the current head coach and restore the Tradition.

    All that was needed was one more yes and Highlands was off to rebuilding the program.
    In other words the Highlands Powers that be held a vote to keep or kick out BW and BW was retained by one vote?

  3. #33
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,255

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    In other words the Highlands Powers that be held a vote to keep or kick out BW and BW was retained by one vote?
    Unfortunately it was that close and an extension was granted.

    I now believe the removal period has expired and BW is now untouchable because of obstacles that are now in place that weren’t present two years ago.

    Unfortunately Mediocrity has been now been accepted 100% at Highlands.

  4. #34
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,263

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    Unfortunately it was that close and an extension was granted.

    I now believe the removal period has expired and BW is now untouchable because of obstacles that are now in place that weren’t present two years ago.

    Unfortunately Mediocrity has been now been accepted 100% at Highlands.
    What are the new obstacles?

    Suppose Coach Weinrich's 2020 performance doesn't satisfy the restless natives, are those obstacles still in place or will there be another "removal period" after the 2020 season where everyone can vote again?

  5. #35
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,255

    When the current administration puts their big boys pants on and makes the decisions without outside influences including the approval of the former coaching legend, then that’s when the change will be made.

    No sooner no later.

    As administrators they certainly can’t be pleased with the overall performance of the Football program. Administrators, teachers and coaches at Highlands have failed the kids by not giving them the very best opportunities available.

    If they are content, which I eluded to earlier and believe is the case then the Football program has reached a new level of acceptance which does not include accountability or the desire to maintain the Traditions of the program.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,547

    Now we are getting some real action in this thread. Glad to see you back Sweep.

  7. #37
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,454

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    When the current administration puts their big boys pants on and makes the decisions without outside influences including the approval of the former coaching legend, then that’s when the change will be made.

    No sooner no later.

    As administrators they certainly can’t be pleased with the overall performance of the Football program. Administrators, teachers and coaches at Highlands have failed the kids by not giving them the very best opportunities available.

    If they are content, which I eluded to earlier and believe is the case then the Football program has reached a new level of acceptance which does not include accountability or the desire to maintain the Traditions of the program.
    Just curious... What opportunities better than BW have been available to Highlands in recent years? And I mean actual opportunities, not pipe dreams.

  8. #38
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,255

    Football at Highlands has put them on the map Nationally and they have cashed in on the success whether people accept and recognize this or not.

    Whether it’s building new football facilities and giving the athletes the finest resources at the High School level, the gifts from so many have indeed made a difference.

    Highlands Athletics and mainly Football donations from alumni and families have been the backbone of the program for over 100 yrs Strong but Iam hearing this money is drying up quickly due to the current leadership of the program and the lack of winning.

    Someone with facts and numbers can confirm my assessment. Check and balance on home gate receipts, special interest group donations , private donations and most importantly lack of playoff gate shares etc should be paid close attention to.

    Its a trickle down effect and its going to hurt all athletics a lot before it gets better. Just my opinions.

  9. #39
    Runcible Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17
    Location
    A river runs through it.
    Posts
    2,242

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    When the current administration puts their big boys pants on and makes the decisions without outside influences including the approval of the former coaching legend, then that’s when the change will be made.

    No sooner no later.

    As administrators they certainly can’t be pleased with the overall performance of the Football program. Administrators, teachers and coaches at Highlands have failed the kids by not giving them the very best opportunities available.

    If they are content, which I eluded to earlier and believe is the case then the Football program has reached a new level of acceptance which does not include accountability or the desire to maintain the Traditions of the program.
    Is this influence insuring a personal legacy?

  10. #40
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,269

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Just curious... What opportunities better than BW have been available to Highlands in recent years? And I mean actual opportunities, not pipe dreams.
    You actually think people wouldn’t apply for the Highlands job? They would have plenty of opportunities.

  11. #41
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,454

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    You actually think people wouldn’t apply for the Highlands job?
    Is that what I said?

  12. #42
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,440

    Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think Highlands was or has been talented enough to beat CovCath these last couple of years. I’m not going sit and act like the coaching staff did every thing correctly but I just am not seeing the talent at Highlands that we have grown used to seeing.

    And maybe I am wrong. Maybe if Mueller was still coaching then they would be better than CovCath but that isn’t my initial feeling about Highlands football at the moment.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,547

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think Highlands was or has been talented enough to beat CovCath these last couple of years. I’m not going sit and act like the coaching staff did every thing correctly but I just am not seeing the talent at Highlands that we have grown used to seeing.

    And maybe I am wrong. Maybe if Mueller was still coaching then they would be better than CovCath but that isn’t my initial feeling about Highlands football at the moment.
    I will say it again, wins and losses are not the issues that need to be addressed. Agree they may not have beaten CovCath the last few years, bit also did not expect this years team to be .500.

  14. #44
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    “The world’s problems begin with the belief that some human lives are more important than others.”
    Posts
    29,577

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    When the current administration puts their big boys pants on and makes the decisions without outside influences including the approval of the former coaching legend, then that’s when the change will be made.

    No sooner no later.

    As administrators they certainly can’t be pleased with the overall performance of the Football program. Administrators, teachers and coaches at Highlands have failed the kids by not giving them the very best opportunities available.

    If they are content, which I eluded to earlier and believe is the case then the Football program has reached a new level of acceptance which does not include accountability or the desire to maintain the Traditions of the program.
    Teachers? How do they figure into the football situation?

  15. #45
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,440

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    I will say it again, wins and losses are not the issues that need to be addressed. Agree they may not have beaten CovCath the last few years, bit also did not expect this years team to be .500.
    I also thought they would be better this season as well.

Top