Highlands retains Brian Weinrich as Head Football Coach

Page 3 of This is an email from Coach Weinrich circulating throughout Fort Thomas and BGP now: I want to let everyone know what is going on. I just got off the p... 275 comments | 23095 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Man some of you genuinely don’t deal with losing well at all. Spoiled it seems... A stretch of average football is good for you. Brings some humility.

    Not a huge Highlands guy, but this is probably the worst 3 year stretch in the program's history. A lot of it, from the outside just watching games on Hudl, seems to be down to a lack of adjustments both in game and from game-to-game (particularly defensively). For the passion that Highlands folks have for football, I'd say that they have a right to expect a lot more.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    barrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    1,502

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    Has Marty Moore been a big donor in the past?
    I thought Marty Moore was in Lexington and his son would end up at LCA.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by JIMMY FROM PIQUA View Post
    Yes Probably in the same Capacity as Dale Mueller. Your point?
    The point was made that people are not happy and not making donations. Marty isn't happy so I was wondering if he was one who made donations and will not do so any longer?

  4. #34
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,524

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    The point was made that people are not happy and not making donations. Marty isn't happy so I was wondering if he was one who made donations and will not do so any longer?
    How do you know Marty isn't happy?

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    How do you know Marty isn't happy?
    We run in some of the same circles. He's let it be known.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,116

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    We run in some of the same circles. He's let it be known.
    So what pull does Marty Moore have or think he has?

  7. #37

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Glad this got wrapped up in a hurry so HHS players don't have that distraction. Go Birds!

  8. #38
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,587

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    Not a huge Highlands guy, but this is probably the worst 3 year stretch in the program's history. A lot of it, from the outside just watching games on Hudl, seems to be down to a lack of adjustments both in game and from game-to-game (particularly defensively). For the passion that Highlands folks have for football, I'd say that they have a right to expect a lot more.
    A right? Please... This is high school football. Maybe they will appreciate the high moments more now that they have had a few “down” years.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    252

    Amazing how there are people who sat in the stands this year and felt like there wasn't anything wrong. That's what I am seeing after parent(s) are sending out a group email wanting people to send emails to the admin to save the coach. I saw the come back wins by LexCath, Simon Kenton, South Oldham this year. I saw the running clock games, I saw the 1 round loss last year at Louisville Doss where that team wasn't even prepared to win, I have seen a lot the last few years that is an embarrassment to HHS football. Not sure what those people were watching. The blue kool aid being served in the past was pure. The blue kool aid being served now has been spiked. In no way am I attacking the integrity of BW. He is a great person who takes a lot of pride in HHS and Ft. Thomas but he just isn't fit to tend the role of being the HHS Head football coach.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    252

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    A right? Please... This is high school football. Maybe they will appreciate the high moments more now that they have had a few “down” years.
    We just have a higher standard. Sorry you don't understand that or appreciate it.

  11. #41
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,587

    Quote Originally Posted by Back2LiveAction View Post
    We just have a higher standard. Sorry you don't understand that or appreciate it.
    Sorry that you all don’t understand you’re not ALWAYS going to have the talent to be the top dog...

  12. #42
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,692

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    2-9; 4-8

    #thatriddle
    No one wants to take a shot at what those two numbers mean - and why they could be relevant to this situation? I thought @mexitucky might jump on it.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,116

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Sorry that you all don’t understand you’re not ALWAYS going to have the talent to be the top dog...
    There should never be a year that highlands football does not have enough players/athletes to win more than they lose. It takes a coach and staff to evaluate those players and put them in positions that give you the best chance to win each and every game. The kids have to be held accountable to give maximum effort on every play whether it be practice or games.

    There are a few things that I just stated here that have not been done very well in the past 3 or 4 years.

    The head coach and staff should now be completely aware of what is expected from admin and community

    Now lets see if what has been stated is just 'talk' or is there going to be a recommitment by all to get this program back to where it belongs

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Sorry that you all don’t understand you’re not ALWAYS going to have the talent to be the top dog...
    Its not about the talent, its about the coaching, remember.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    There should never be a year that highlands football does not have enough players/athletes to win more than they lose. It takes a coach and staff to evaluate those players and put them in positions that give you the best chance to win each and every game. The kids have to be held accountable to give maximum effort on every play whether it be practice or games.

    There are a few things that I just stated here that have not been done very well in the past 3 or 4 years.

    The head coach and staff should now be completely aware of what is expected from admin and community

    Now lets see if what has been stated is just 'talk' or is there going to be a recommitment by all to get this program back to where it belongs
    I actually agree with you somewhat here but for different reasons. When you close your boarders, this is what happens.

Top