Highlands retains Brian Weinrich as Head Football Coach

Page 2 of This is an email from Coach Weinrich circulating throughout Fort Thomas and BGP now: I want to let everyone know what is going on. I just got off the p... 275 comments | 23095 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,692

    2-9; 4-8

    #thatriddle
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,524

    Quote Originally Posted by tuffbird View Post
    So 3&8 and 6&6, and not one person got fired. It would seem some kind of shake up would happen.
    Status Quo....not enough interest from the Administration in disrupting the program. I hope the Birds can get back to their winning ways. They have some very good talent coming back.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    Quote Originally Posted by Birds1963 View Post
    What happened to the mafia?
    Kinda like the PHM. Never existed. Paranoia running rampant.

    #MHFGA

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    134

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame View Post
    Kinda like the PHM. Never existed. Paranoia running rampant.

    #MHFGA
    Got it!

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In enemy territory scouting for the future..
    Posts
    10,289

    I'm thinking the team from Ft Thomas might be losing some big donations....Hmm?

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    580

    I definitely believe this is the right decision. I know some of you disagree with me and that's your right.

    Sometimes it takes a few years to develop your niche as a head coach. Brian Weinrich figured he'd give the offensive side of the ball a shot when he took over as head coach in 2014. It obviously worked in 2014 with Beau Hoge at quarterback and Alex Veneman at wide receiver. But two years later, he felt it was best to go back to the defensive side and you saw some dividends last year.
    I do want to add that he has gotten much better at promoting the program in a few short years. We all know that was a huge strength for Dale Mueller. He spoke to me after two 50-point losses this year and that speaks volumes. It didn't happen a few years ago.
    Everyone is talking about the upcoming talent. The freshman team won eight games for the first time since 2010 this past year. BW is excited about that class and returning players such as Nick Bowman and Brycen Huddleston.
    Now should the down trend continue the next few years and they don't return to greatness like we're used to, it may be time for a change. If that does come, so be it.
    But for now, I'm looking forward to one thing. #RunAwayBluebirds . (Note: More details to come on the hastag.)

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    #MHFGA

    Make Highlands Football Great Again

    Here's some good reading. 3 years outdated but maybe for a reason. Some on here need to read it and read it again. It's the culture that needs changing.

    Highlands Bluebirds - Background

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    69

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame View Post
    #MHFGA

    Make Highlands Football Great Again

    Here's some good reading. 3 years outdated but maybe for a reason. Some on here need to read it and read it again. It's the culture that needs changing.



    Highlands Bluebirds - Background
    Every Highlands Football player should have to read this before they put on the Uniform! MANDATORY

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    134

    Quote Originally Posted by PsalmsG View Post
    I definitely believe this is the right decision. I know some of you disagree with me and that's your right.

    Sometimes it takes a few years to develop your niche as a head coach. Brian Weinrich figured he'd give the offensive side of the ball a shot when he took over as head coach in 2014. It obviously worked in 2014 with Beau Hoge at quarterback and Alex Veneman at wide receiver. But two years later, he felt it was best to go back to the defensive side and you saw some dividends last year.
    I do want to add that he has gotten much better at promoting the program in a few short years. We all know that was a huge strength for Dale Mueller. He spoke to me after two 50-point losses this year and that speaks volumes. It didn't happen a few years ago.
    Everyone is talking about the upcoming talent. The freshman team won eight games for the first time since 2010 this past year. BW is excited about that class and returning players such as Nick Bowman and Brycen Huddleston.
    Now should the down trend continue the next few years and they don't return to greatness like we're used to, it may be time for a change. If that does come, so be it.
    But for now, I'm looking forward to one thing. #RunAwayBluebirds . (Note: More details to come on the hastag.)
    I may have a short memory but I can't recall anydifference makers transferring from HHS to NCC until last year. Hard to win a state title or go deep into the playoffs with some of the biggest and most talented players leaving to play for NCC.

    You bring up Dale in your post. Somebody I know heard an interview with Mike Mitchell. ( I know a lot of people dislike Mike), but Mike said that Dale was the best coach that he had in his entire life. This is a guy that has played starting safety for three different NFL teams.

    You bring up Beau Hoge. I've heard names that will going through the ranks trying to be the starting QB at HHS. I hope they find another Beau because he was THE difference maker in that state championship title.

    How does HHS lose three games while having a double digit lead halfway through the 4th QTR? It seems to me it could only be coaching or conditioning and the head coach is responsible for both.

    If your waiting for the current frosh players to make a difference, it will be 2 or 3 years down the road after the 3 years we just went through. I sure hope they improve before then.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderbird View Post
    I'm thinking the team from Ft Thomas might be losing some big donations....Hmm?
    Has Marty Moore been a big donor in the past?

  11. #26
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,586

    Man some of you genuinely don’t deal with losing well at all. Spoiled it seems... A stretch of average football is good for you. Brings some humility.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    69

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Man some of you genuinely don’t deal with losing well at all. Spoiled it seems... A stretch of average football is good for you. Brings some humility.
    Average?

    17-21 in 3 Seasons with 10 or so Running Clocks is hardly Average. But okay!

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    69

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    Has Marty Moore been a big donor in the past?
    Yes Probably in the same Capacity as Dale Mueller. Your point?

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    252

    Same old same old next year... Will be finding other things to do on Friday nights.

  15. #30
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,586

    Quote Originally Posted by JIMMY FROM PIQUA View Post
    Average?

    17-21 in 3 Seasons with 10 or so Running Clocks is hardly Average. But okay!
    Oh my goodness!! Three whole seasons!? How have you ever survived!?

Top