Highlands Offseason Thread

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    North Carolina, but crazy about Ft. Thomas Highlands! Visit my Highlands website at www.Highlands-Bluebirds.com!
    Posts
    7,132

    Highlands Offseason Thread

    Congratulations to Highlands on winning a sixth straight title last night! Now that about 12 hours have past since winning state in 2012, I think it is time to look ahead to the offseason. What spots will need to be filled? What current freshmen and sophomores could make a big impact next year? Will Collinsworth stay on as a coach, now that his sons have finished with high school football? Any updates about whether Highlands will be able to add a tenth game to the regular season schedule, to replace the Ryle game?

    So many things to start pondering...
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    1,519

    Will Houliston transform into a running qb like McCoy? Will additional size and muscle limit Harris's agility? Will the defense be better? How do you replace Seidl? Who are Houliston's targets in '13? These are my top 5.

  3. #3
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,110

    Defense is going to be the least of their problems. They will be flat out "sick". Sick means good btw.

    Offense will not miss a beat with Drew "D-Bob" Houilston leading the Birds at QB.
    Not the runner that McCoy was but he will not dissapoint in '13, JMO

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    378

    Hayes will replace Seidl if he can remain eligible with his grades.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    2,237

    Quote Originally Posted by Whackem'n'Stackem' View Post
    Will Houliston transform into a running qb like McCoy? Will additional size and muscle limit Harris's agility? Will the defense be better? How do you replace Seidl? Who are Houliston's targets in '13? These are my top 5.
    No, No, Yes, with Hayes, and Hergott/Green/Brockett/Feggins/Weyer/Venneman/True

  6. #6
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,110

    Quote Originally Posted by nky_harry View Post
    Hayes will replace Seidl if he can remain eligible with his grades.
    Really...Whats up with that?
    He didnt miss a game this yr due to eligibility, did I miss something here...

  7. #7
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Why was Hayes out the last couple games? Anyone?

    Is Cochran a Jr? If so I see him and Wrobleski being some stud backers.

    Offensively they re-load. Backs will likely be Harris-Mr. Football candidate IMO, Hayes and Watson. Receivers-what stinkyboy said and the line should be strong with Schweitzer, Saunders, Turner, True and Thurston. My question would be who snaps the ball?

    Also, where does Beau Hoge play next season? Backup QB like Houliston or somewhere on defense.

    Im with Sweep and think the defense will be absolutely loaded with Abner, Wrobleski, Muray, Hope and Cochran returning. Lots of hitters in that group which is a nice change.

    Houliston is your signal caller, he paid his dues and will have a great year. He has lots of poise and with the protection he will get and receivers he has to pick from, he could throw for well over 2000 yards.

    Hopefully the kids on defense get bigger, stronger and even faster as they will be a lot of fun to watch.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    birdville
    Posts
    52

    Hayes was told by dale that he is playing the sr's first it's their season to win or lose he has a high c avg and been to 4 colleges this year so Hayes will be fine

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 07
    Posts
    1,512

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    Why was Hayes out the last couple games? Anyone?

    Is Cochran a Jr? If so I see him and Wrobleski being some stud backers.

    Offensively they re-load. Backs will likely be Harris-Mr. Football candidate IMO, Hayes and Watson. Receivers-what stinkyboy said and the line should be strong with Schweitzer, Saunders, Turner, True and Thurston. My question would be who snaps the ball?

    Also, where does Beau Hoge play next season? Backup QB like Houliston or somewhere on defense.

    Im with Sweep and think the defense will be absolutely loaded with Abner, Wrobleski, Muray, Hope and Cochran returning. Lots of hitters in that group which is a nice change.

    Houliston is your signal caller, he paid his dues and will have a great year. He has lots of poise and with the protection he will get and receivers he has to pick from, he could throw for well over 2000 yards.

    Hopefully the kids on defense get bigger, stronger and even faster as they will be a lot of fun to watch.
    Hayes was not out the last 2 games. I know he had at least one carry against Lexington Catholic and two carries against Collins. He didn't play much, but he played. I think Hoge will be a receiver even though they will have a lot of them (like McCoy was his junior year).

  10. #10
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Quote Originally Posted by lottoman View Post
    Hayes was not out the last 2 games. I know he had at least one carry against Lexington Catholic and two carries against Collins. He didn't play much, but he played. I think Hoge will be a receiver even though they will have a lot of them (like McCoy was his junior year).
    Thanks for the clarification as I did not attend the last two games but was used to seeing his name in the summaries.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by birds2111 View Post
    Hayes was told by dale that he is playing the sr's first it's their season to win or lose
    Something doesn't smell right.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    North Carolina, but crazy about Ft. Thomas Highlands! Visit my Highlands website at www.Highlands-Bluebirds.com!
    Posts
    7,132

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Something doesn't smell right.
    It is a fact that Hayes played in the LexCath and Collins games, so clearly it's not an academic ineligibility issue, as he would not have been able to play at all had he been academically ineligible.

    From an outside observer, it looked to me like Seidl really got going later in the year, and seemed to be featured more in the offense as the year progressed.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by jbwill2 View Post
    It is a fact that Hayes played in the LexCath and Collins games, so clearly it's not an academic ineligibility issue, as he would not have been able to play at all had he been academically ineligible.

    From an outside observer, it looked to me like Seidl really got going later in the year, and seemed to be featured more in the offense as the year progressed.
    If the kid didn't play I'd say it was because the staff deemed others better. I don't think Dale (or most coaches) subscribe to the "play the seniors first" mentality.

  14. #14
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,033

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    If the kid didn't play I'd say it was because the staff deemed others better. I don't think Dale (or most coaches) subscribe to the "play the seniors first" mentality.
    Agree, why would HHS have 2 soph's staring on Defense when they have plenty of Seniors that could of filled the spot. The best players play!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    birdville
    Posts
    52

    Let me ask you why then would you take Hayes off the kickoff return team and put your Qb back deep?

Top