Highlands Aims For Bigger Things With Full Access to Facilities in Offseason

Page 3 of Originally Posted by uselessinfo Not sure I can handle you promoting Highlands.... But in all seriousness I am betting you are 100% correct. And when ... 98 comments | 8381 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    2,034

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Was the article poorly written or were the comments from the coach poorly worded.
    Usually his articles are much better. The coaches quotes could have played a major role in causing the article its issues. To me (and I have not checked with Birdman98 to see if I can say this) it was just a really poorly put together piece. The subject and the quotes certainly did not help.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    Totally agree, I read the 3 listed QB's and thought to myself where is "rising" Soph to be Grady Cramer. The kid has grown to about 6' with more to come and showed tremendous moxy this past freshman year. He has a GUN for an arm and poise in the pocket. I'd consider moving Gosney to LB and Johnston to the line. With the 2 Sr RB's likely to get a huge portion of carries it would be a good year to cut your teeth with a Soph. JMO
    Who was the last QB to start as a Sophomore at Highlands? Did Matt Mason start in '93? I know that there hasn't been one since then.

  3. #33
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    10,113

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Zero chance I'd EVER say ANYTHING about a field as ANY SORT of explanation for my previous season. Wouldn't even reply to the posed question/theory.

    Even if it's true.
    You know, that was my first thought as well when reading the post.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    Who was the last QB to start as a Sophomore at Highlands? Did Matt Mason start in '93? I know that there hasn't been one since then.
    Due to injury, Pat.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Due to injury, Pat.
    Kind of a big one to miss. Jeez. Nice catch.

  6. #36
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,048

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    I assume all sports have access to the new fieldhouse, correct? I recall seeing pictures in another thread - awesome facility!
    Yes and so does every Organization at Highlands. So if the Winter Flag Guard needs the Facility and the Schedule is open, then they are in it....I personally think it's overused in my opinion. One of my rules for the Field house would be that any In-Season sport should be able to "Trump" any out of season sport for the Building time. So if the Fast pitch coach is gearing up for a Regional Title and he is dealing with In-Climate weather, then they should get 1st dibs over any out of season sport. I know for a fact it doesn't work like that. They have a schedule that they go by. It's 1st come 1st serve! Wait until Coach Weinrich needs the Field house for a late rainy Nov walk through and the Cheer leading squad has the building for a after school workout or the weight room is occupied by Golf team workouts. I guess it is what it is......

  7. #37
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,048

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    Who was the last QB to start as a Sophomore at Highlands? Did Matt Mason start in '93? I know that there hasn't been one since then.
    I know Matt Mason was the QB for his Junior(94) year and Sr(95) year but I don't think he was the QB for the 93 season. In fact it was then Soph Duffer Duffy before the Duffy's left Ft Thomas. If I recall I don't think Matt Mason played his Soph season.

    92 Adam Crawford
    93 Duffer Duffy
    94 Matt Mason
    95 Matt Mason
    96 PJ Sauer
    97 Jared Lorenzen
    98 Jared Lorenzen
    99 Gino Guiduli(SP)
    00 Gino Guiduli(SP)

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERBIRDS View Post
    I know Matt Mason was the QB for his Junior(94) year and Sr(95) year but I don't think he was the QB for the 93 season. In fact it was then Soph Duffer Duffy before the Duffy's left Ft Thomas. If I recall I don't think Matt Mason played his Soph season.

    92 Adam Crawford
    93 Duffer Duffy
    94 Matt Mason
    95 Matt Mason
    96 PJ Sauer
    97 Jared Lorenzen
    98 Jared Lorenzen
    99 Gino Guiduli(SP)
    00 Gino Guiduli(SP)
    Ah yes, I can still see Duffy skipping the fake field goal pass off of the ground like a stone on a pond and into the arms of a receiver for a game winning TD against NewCath in 93.

  9. #39
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,863

    Gotta get the Jimmys and Joes back.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    They will. Short cycle.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,462

    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERBIRDS View Post
    Yes and so does every Organization at Highlands. So if the Winter Flag Guard needs the Facility and the Schedule is open, then they are in it....I personally think it's overused in my opinion. One of my rules for the Field house would be that any In-Season sport should be able to "Trump" any out of season sport for the Building time. So if the Fast pitch coach is gearing up for a Regional Title and he is dealing with In-Climate weather, then they should get 1st dibs over any out of season sport. I know for a fact it doesn't work like that. They have a schedule that they go by. It's 1st come 1st serve! Wait until Coach Weinrich needs the Field house for a late rainy Nov walk through and the Cheer leading squad has the building for a after school workout or the weight room is occupied by Golf team workouts. I guess it is what it is......
    This is NOT a sport, relegate them to the auxiliary gym or the hallway on the 2nd floor in the main building.....if those are occupied the foyer in front of the gym should be suitable.







  12. #42

    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Posts
    596

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    Ah yes, I can still see Duffy skipping the fake field goal pass off of the ground like a stone on a pond and into the arms of a receiver for a game winning TD against NewCath in 93.
    Have you guys gotten over that yet Mexitucky? At least Ncc still played back then. The guys attending Ncc now, no longer get the chance to come to Ft. Thomas and play on the big field in a football environment.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    441

    I'd like to know more about what the 'Birds are going to do differently in this off season.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,441

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman98 View Post
    I'd like to know more about what the 'Birds are going to do differently in this off season.
    Have spring football for starters.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    152

    Those who want to believe that this is Coach Weinrich making excuses for last season will believe that no matter what anyone else says. I see nothing wrong with saying:

    We're happy to be back in the offseason routine we've had for many, many successful years of football. We look forward to being able to hit hard in spring football this year and evaluate players for positions. We're glad that we don't have to wait until mid-July this year to go full speed on the football field.
    To suggest that the coaches won't evaluate all players for all positions is silliness. If a sophomore can handle the job of starting varsity QB, he'll get a look. If the coaches go with a senior at QB it's because they think he's the guy for the job.

    I assume Gosney came up through the FTJFL like Cramer? If so, what team did each kid play for?

Top