Highlands 36 Cooper 7

Page 2 of Final... 39 comments | 5539 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Congratulations Birds, nice win to build on.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Fishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    South Fort Thomas
    Posts
    1,843

    Really impressed with Highlands defense last night. They never let the Cooper QB have a moments peace and for the most part seemed to give up yards grudgingly. Offense wasn't firing on all cylinders, but fired enough to make life unpleasant for Cooper. The game next week against Campbell should be interesting.

  3. #18
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,186

    I saw the highlight on TV last night where a Cooper defender stripped the ball from a driving Schwalbach and managed to juggle it in the air and take it away. Big time play and worthy of the highlight. Anyone know who this is? He deserves some props.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    9,530

    How big are Cooper's lines?

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    311

    Very small... other than 32, not much team size at all.

  6. #21
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,301

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre Nachos View Post
    I saw the highlight on TV last night where a Cooper defender stripped the ball from a driving Schwalbach and managed to juggle it in the air and take it away. Big time play and worthy of the highlight. Anyone know who this is? He deserves some props.
    I believe that was Connor Bridges, #57. He got two turnovers last night.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Why is Cooper so bad?

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,091

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020BirdDad View Post
    3 passes right off the finger tips that should have been TD's for the birds that resulted in punt/loss of downs.. One to Sisson, one to AK, and i forget who the third was. This was a couple plays from being really ugly.
    On the flip side the game was 3 plays away from being a game that could have went down to wire. Highlands first 3 tds all came on big plays from far away. First one on a simple run up the middle. Another on a 6 yard hitch, that ended up going for a 40 yard td because of a poor angle taken. Then the reverse right before half from like 70 yards out. Those 3 plays were the difference. Because Highlands couldn't get any drives going at all in the first half. All 3 tds came on busted plays that first half. Or if number 3 for Cooper didn't have to jump up and fall to the ground after being completely wide open behind Highlands defense. He walks into the end zone and the game is tied going into half.

    So it's very easy to pick 3 plays to say it could have been worst. Which those plays the Dbs got their hands on the ball. Just like it's easy to say if Cooper doesnt give up 3 big plays that in the 1st half, the game would have went down till the end.

    Highlands did make the plays though and deserve the win. No more no less.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    134

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    On the flip side the game was 3 plays away from being a game that could have went down to wire. Highlands first 3 tds all came on big plays from far away. First one on a simple run up the middle. Another on a 6 yard hitch, that ended up going for a 40 yard td because of a poor angle taken. Then the reverse right before half from like 70 yards out. Those 3 plays were the difference. Because Highlands couldn't get any drives going at all in the first half. All 3 tds came on busted plays that first half. Or if number 3 for Cooper didn't have to jump up and fall to the ground after being completely wide open behind Highlands defense. He walks into the end zone and the game is tied going into half.

    So it's very easy to pick 3 plays to say it could have been worst. Which those plays the Dbs got their hands on the ball. Just like it's easy to say if Cooper doesnt give up 3 big plays that in the 1st half, the game would have went down till the end.

    Highlands did make the plays though and deserve the win. No more no less.
    Seems like "if" has shown up a lot on the T, X, and HHS threads.
    If a frog had wings.............? Is my favorite.

  10. #25
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,186

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    I believe that was Connor Bridges, #57. He got two turnovers last night.
    Thanks @oldgrappler. Big shoutout to Mr. Bridges! Big time play. Keep your head up and keep making plays!

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,091

    Quote Originally Posted by Birds1963 View Post
    Seems like "if" has shown up a lot on the T, X, and HHS threads.
    If a frog had wings.............? Is my favorite.
    You just stated my whole point. Highlands guy stated if these three things had happen it could have been worst. I wanted to show how that easily can work both ways if he wanted to go into the if game.

  12. #27
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    526

    Quote Originally Posted by Birds1963 View Post
    Seems like "if" has shown up a lot on the T, X, and HHS threads.
    If a frog had wings.............? Is my favorite.
    Yeah but Highlands won and kept Cooper out of the endzone most of the night. So we don't need any ifs. Ifs and buts aside, Cremer's real strength is the deep ball and it was not connecting all night. This H offense could get something serious going when that deep ball ever gets synchronized.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    311

    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    Yeah but Highlands won and kept Cooper out of the endzone most of the night. So we don't need any ifs. Ifs and buts aside, Cremer's real strength is the deep ball and it was not connecting all night. This H offense could get something serious going when that deep ball ever gets synchronized.
    My point exactly...when those misses start connecting (and they will), watch out.

  14. #29
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,301

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre Nachos View Post
    Thanks @oldgrappler. Big shoutout to Mr. Bridges! Big time play. Keep your head up and keep making plays!
    Thanks for pointing out his contribution. He has spent time in the weight room and has bided his time to get on the field. It is great to see him making plays. (and no, I am not related to him)

  15. #30
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,301

    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    Yeah but Highlands won and kept Cooper out of the endzone most of the night. So we don't need any ifs. Ifs and buts aside, Cremer's real strength is the deep ball and it was not connecting all night. This H offense could get something serious going when that deep ball ever gets synchronized.
    Watching the game, my impression was the Highlands QB is accurate with short and medium range passes but not so accurate on the long passes. Apparently, that was true only in this game. If he zeroes in on those long range passes there will be good things ahead for the bluebirds.

    I have to give credit where credit is due. #11 played some good defense on several of those long passes and so did #3. Too bad for Cooper #3 was on an island on that play 40 seconds before the half ended. He got blocked and there was no one else to stop that Highlands score. I thought that was an important play in the game.

Top