Highlands - 2019 Schedule

Page 2 of Highlands schedule is complete for this upcoming season: August 9 - Louisville Male (scrimmage) Away 6 pm August 16 - Louisville Ballard (scrimmage) Ho... 23 comments | 4708 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Tones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    268

    Any chance that we will see Hudy on the offensive side of the ball as well this year?
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    732

    Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    Any chance that we will see Hudy on the offensive side of the ball as well this year?
    I would love a wildcat package with him. It would only need like 4 plays. It would give the opposing defensive coordinator some extra stuff to prepare for. Waste practice time.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 18
    Posts
    180

    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    I would love a wildcat package with him. It would only need like 4 plays. It would give the opposing defensive coordinator some extra stuff to prepare for. Waste practice time.
    The new OC will absolutely have plays for him on O.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,474

    Quote Originally Posted by dadof2 View Post
    The new OC will absolutely have plays for him on O.
    They better. Their offense was so inept against CovCath in the playoffs that I almost felt bad for them.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    Very good program and a D-1 factory.

    Belfry played them in 2015 and 2016.

    In 2015, Belfry beat them soundly on Pond Creek. Catholic went on to win the TN 4A Championship.

    In 2016, Belfry turned it over like 6 times and lost soundly in Knoxville. Catholic steamrolled everyone else in their path until they got upset in the playoffs by a Fulton team they beat with ease in the regular season.

    In the past 5 years they have probably produced 8-10 D-1 guys including:
    All-American 5* Cade Mays, Georgia
    All-American 4* Amari Rodgers, Clemson

    In the 2020 Class they have
    4* DE Tyler Baron (Offered by Alabama, Clemson, Florida, FSU, LSU, etc)
    4* OL Bryn Tucker (Offered by LSU, Notre Dame, Auburn, etc)
    4* ATH Chancellor Bright (Offered by Arkansas and Louisville)
    3* OL Cooper Mays (Offered by Florida, UGA, Auburn)

    In other words.. Highlands is going to play a very good team.
    With all the stars and D1 players, reminds me of the HHS vs. Trotwood Madison game. The Birds weren't the favorite in that one, but pulled the upset.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by dadof2 View Post
    The new OC will absolutely have plays for him on O.
    The new OC will not have him on offense. As long BW is in charge it will not happen. Keep dreaming boys.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 18
    Posts
    180

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    The new OC will not have him on offense. As long BW is in charge it will not happen. Keep dreaming boys.
    If you are saying BW hasn’t used any guys both ways, you’re wrong. 2 years ago Huber, Johnson and Dunn all did. The problem is he hasn’t used the one who can make the biggest difference, Huddy.

  8. #23
    XtraIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Posts
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by dadof2 View Post
    If you are saying BW hasnít used any guys both ways, youíre wrong. 2 years ago Huber, Johnson and Dunn all did. The problem is he hasnít used the one who can make the biggest difference, Huddy.
    I think BW's use of those guys both ways were desperate times takes desperate measures.

    His priority as always been to platoon guys so they can focus on their position and keep them fresh and healthy.

    My issue has been the unwillingness to adjust the system to the talent level. Being a mid 4A size school playing in a very competitive 5A class requires a coach to be willing to make adjustments in personnel outside of your core system.

    The schedule for 2019 will present challenges and require adjustments to play guys both ways. Thru the season we will see if they can make the correct adjustments.

  9. #24
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    148,558

    Quote Originally Posted by XtraIce View Post
    I think BW's use of those guys both ways were desperate times takes desperate measures.

    His priority as always been to platoon guys so they can focus on their position and keep them fresh and healthy.

    My issue has been the unwillingness to adjust the system to the talent level. Being a mid 4A size school playing in a very competitive 5A class requires a coach to be willing to make adjustments in personnel outside of your core system.

    The schedule for 2019 will present challenges and require adjustments to play guys both ways. Thru the season we will see if they can make the correct adjustments.
    It is also a recipe for failure.

Top