Highlands 2017

Page 9 of What does Highlands need to do to improve in 2017? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive. 0 0 0   &nb... 130 comments | 25680 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121
    Bird Bath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09
    Location
    Caketown
    Posts
    1,465

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    Cramer is going to be a big target at 6'4. They have some very good receivers on this team. Huber, Vennaman, Wogan, King, Roberts.
    Cramer to the list. Let's hope we don't have a plethora of receivers with a Swiss cheese defensive backfield. Has it been that long since we had a Carter New type DB?
    Advertisement

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    5,284

    Quote Originally Posted by PsalmsG View Post
    Yes, you did, Jack of All Trades. It just did not hit me until now. Thus, the trend that Patrick Towles started in 2011 continues as another senior enters the season as the starting quarterback.
    Just yanking your chain sir, no harm intended.

  3. #123
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    23,921

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Bath View Post
    Cramer to the list. Let's hope we don't have a plethora of receivers with a Swiss cheese defensive backfield. Has it been that long since we had a Carter New type DB?
    DB's should be much improved with 2 yr starter Steiden on one side and ballhawk Jr Armstrong on the other side. I believe Traylor has been moved to Safety and he started last year at Corner. Keys for the DB's will be Do Not Get Beat Deep!!

    Not sure where Griffin Huber will play on the defensive side but I would consider him their best athlete so he could play some DB as well. 6'2 180lbs and speed is nice to have not only at WR but also in the secondary.

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    117

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    DB's should be much improved with 2 yr starter Steiden on one side and ballhawk Jr Armstrong on the other side. I believe Traylor has been moved to Safety and he started last year at Corner. Keys for the DB's will be Do Not Get Beat Deep!!

    Not sure where Griffin Huber will play on the defensive side but I would consider him their best athlete so he could play some DB as well. 6'2 180lbs and speed is nice to have not only at WR but also in the secondary.
    Im anxious to see what the addition of andra Hall does to the secondary.

  5. #125
    Bird Bath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09
    Location
    Caketown
    Posts
    1,465

    Hall and Huber are athletes, so that should help. I have coached Griff so I know what he can bring. I hope he plays on both side of the ball. Stieden will continue to improve (just think Ma just wanted him to kick). Traylor is a testament on working on your game. Good things come to those that work. Lastly Booby Armstrong has moxie. How can you not root for him with his size and heart. I had a teacher in Charlotte that left for the NFL Reggie "supergnat" Smith that had that same Moxie!

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    The City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    2,142

    How will the 4th team from the HHS district be determined for the playoffs? I assume the 5th place team from another district will be slotted to play as the #4 seed in the HHS district.

  7. #127
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    23,921

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020BirdDad View Post
    Im anxious to see what the addition of andra Hall does to the secondary.
    He will likely rotate in at times and be used on special teams is my guess.

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,189

    Could someone tell me what time the scrimmage starts tonight please? Is it at 7 or 7:30?

  9. #129
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    23,921

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfClutch33 View Post
    Could someone tell me what time the scrimmage starts tonight please? Is it at 7 or 7:30?
    7pm

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    117

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    He will likely rotate in at times and be used on special teams is my guess.
    I hope the kid gets a chance to show his stuff

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,189

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    7pm
    Thank you kind sir!

Top