Henry Clay / Trinity...Let's hear it

Page 3 of Should be a barn burner......I'm pulling for Henry Clay. Advertisement Nov 20, 05, 12:04 PM #62 nWo View Profile View Forum Posts Moderator Join D... 158 comments | 8125 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who will win this one?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trinity

    73 43.71%
  • Henry Clay

    94 56.29%
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,507

    Quote Originally Posted by sowcsoc
    I believe the better team is Henry Clay and the only advantage Trinity has is its history of winning and perhaps the home field advantage. In my opinion, if Trinity manages to win, then the most talented tean did not win. I just hope Henry Clay does not let Trinity's history intimidate them.

    What do you base this on? Two D-1 ball players. Trinity has a few as well, plus some of the best coaches in the state. I have been impressed with Henry Clay's run thus far, but alas, Lexington is known to underachieve and play doormat to us as we walk into the championship "door". I will say, while I admire the braggodocious character, I am quite suprised by it's content. Could you please explaing, to a man, or grouping, how you have come to such a conclusion, as our our "poor" Rocks, maybe lucking into a victory?
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,507

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMROCK69
    The injury list still grows. Craig Kircher took off his pads at halftime and spent the second half on crutches. Don't know his status for next week. Larry Taugher came out with a neck injury. Maybe a stinger. Donald Barnett still has a knee injury. I'd feel a lot better if these guys were available Friday night. The replacements sure stepped up last night.
    All three should be full go next Friday.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    You my dinna
    Posts
    1,282

    Rod Johnson is the best runningback to come out of Lexington since Eric Shelton. Salin Simpson is a pretty good quarterback as well. Their big noseguard is banged up right now he was limping all over the field against Dunbar and didn't play but maybe 50% of the game. Henry Clay is a very good football team.

  4. #34
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMROCK69
    The injury list still grows. Craig Kircher took off his pads at halftime and spent the second half on crutches. Don't know his status for next week. Larry Taugher came out with a neck injury. Maybe a stinger. Donald Barnett still has a knee injury. I'd feel a lot better if these guys were available Friday night. The replacements sure stepped up last night.
    I wouldn't worry to much about this.....seems everyone who is playing right now is doing a great job....and wouldn't consider any of them "replacements"

  5. #35
    SuperShamrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    811

    I dont see this game being a blowout, either way. I think the Rocks have all the answers though, and they will win this in a shootout...
    Rocks 42
    HC 31

  6. #36
    HC50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    237

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golfer
    Rod Johnson is the best runningback to come out of Lexington since Eric Shelton. Salin Simpson is a pretty good quarterback as well. Their big noseguard is banged up right now he was limping all over the field against Dunbar and didn't play but maybe 50% of the game. Henry Clay is a very good football team.
    Jermaine Birch is OK and will be good to go on friday night.

  7. #37
    InTheGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Commonwealth Stadium
    Posts
    3,403

    This should be a good game...I hope Henry Clay wins but I can't pick against the Rocks with the way the are playing right now.

    Trinity 35
    Henry Clay 31

  8. #38
    Pirate Pal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    Home of the 2003 & 2004 2A State Champs
    Posts
    2,731

    Best of luck Henry Clay. This Pirate fan is behind you all the way!!!

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    863

    I say Henry Clay wins by 2 Td's or more

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Posts
    37,668

    Don't forget to vote in the poll.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    141

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard
    Have no FEAR!! the seniors are here, the ROCKS will be ALL suited up and will be ready to GO!. Larry could have gone back in but WHY? the ROCKS were on a roll and the Rocks did not need Donald against Boone Co. Coach Beatty won`t be able to keep Craig off the field, he is a STUD!!!!! This is a team that has come together and have overcomed alot this year. Another game where the other team won`t be able to match up against the ROCKS!! Speed Kills and that is what Trinity has over HC.

    The ROCKS - 56

    Henry Clay - 7

    I want to edit my earlier post ROCKS -35
    HC - 10

    The final score ROCKS - 56
    hc - 7 :flame:

  12. #42
    Xman85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,115

    HC has the best offense of any 4A team that made the playoffs. They led the pack in both points per game and yards per game. They have a very balanced attack. They can pass or run. They have the 3rd best pass offense and the 5th best run offense.

    Trinity has a pretty potent offense also. T is very pass happy, they boast the 2nd best pass offense. Their run game is lacking...but I believe that is more by choice than ability.

    This would be a great battle if HC had a defense. They don't! Their pass defense is horrible. In fact, it ranks worse than Boone County's. HC gives up an average of 320 yards per game. Trinity only had 282 yards of total offense against Boone!...and scored 45 points.

    Trinity's defense is not as stellar as years past, but is still better than HC's.

    Defense wins championships.....T 45 HC 34

  13. #43
    SuperB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 03
    Posts
    3,119

    Quote Originally Posted by tigershark
    Are you serious? I know Trinity has improved tremendously since the end of September, but donít forget how one sided that game was. That X / T game was just about as one sided as the Trinity win tonight over BC. Trinity got most of their yardage and all of their points against the 2nd & 3rd team D. That score could have easily been 60 to 0 if the starters stayed in the game.

    I agree that it will be a great rematch but I would think the Tigers will be at least a 10 point favorite. You donít make up 40+ points with the return of one or two injured players. It should be another classic in two weeks.

    Good luck against HC, I think they might be better than some think.

    Of course they both have to survive two very tough games this week but if they do you can throw the earlier game right out of the window. Trinity js a much better ball club since then and X has cooled a little IMHO. John Hardin is a good team but they gave X way more than they wanted and came within 3 yards of knocking them out. Trinity made Boone look like a warmup. However, it wouldn't shock me very much to see Warren Central and Henry Clay playing next week instead. Good luck to all of these very fine teams.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    141

    Quote Originally Posted by Xman85
    HC has the best offense of any 4A team that made the playoffs. They led the pack in both points per game and yards per game. They have a very balanced attack. They can pass or run. They have the 3rd best pass offense and the 5th best run offense.

    Trinity has a pretty potent offense also. T is very pass happy, they boast the 2nd best pass offense. Their run game is lacking...but I believe that is more by choice than ability.

    This would be a great battle if HC had a defense. They don't! Their pass defense is horrible. In fact, it ranks worse than Boone County's. HC gives up an average of 320 yards per game. Trinity only had 282 yards of total offense against Boone!...and scored 45 points.

    Trinity's defense is not as stellar as years past, but is still better than HC's.

    Defense wins championships.....T 45 HC 34

    Yes, Def. wins championships, that is the only thing that you said that had any merit!! 1)This years Def. is better than last years look where the def. ranks in Ky. ( 4A) defending the Pass 2) Look at how many points, yards etc. against The ROCKS since the ST. X game " GREAT ADJUSTMENTS COACH!!" . as far as the best offense in 4A ?? that is very questionable and I suspect that you will have a different take after the Game, just like the Boone Co.faithful.
    As far as the Boone Co. yardage, our 1st string was out late in the 3rd Qt.?
    The score and the total yards could have been well over 400 yards and 3 more TDs.

  15. #45
    knightsdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Lexington, Ky. USA
    Posts
    1,194

    I've been looking at each teams schedule and wins to date and there is nothing I can see to justify the Rock fans confidence as stated in some of the above posts. I've seen both teams and Henry Clay has better athletes this year. Short of a meltdown, HC should win. The only advantage Trinity has is in their tradition and the homefield. This is not the Cats and Cards guys.

Top