Go Ahead and Mail the Trophy to.....

  1. #1
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    44,991

    Go Ahead and Mail the Trophy to.....

    Did we learn anything in 2018 about the "Mail the Trophy to....." comments? Everyone thought Covington Catholic was unbeatable, but it turns out they were.

    Beechwood was predicted to have running clocks all the way though the playoffs to an unchallenged Championship. They did win, but it was a one point victory.

    Johnson Central was expected to win the Championship all season, but did not get it done.

    In 2019, root for your team, make predictions, make some bold predictions, but let's realize anything can happen. Let's not mail any trophies out just yet.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 18
    Posts
    128

    Let’s mail the trophy to... Kroger Field and let the games be played. That is what high school football is all about.

  3. #3
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,323

    Quote Originally Posted by BBN87 View Post
    Let’s mail the trophy to... Kroger Field and let the games be played. That is what high school football is all about.
    Name:  Burn.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  6.7 KB

  4. #4
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,323

    I'm going out on a limb and predicting Highlands to win the newly formed District 5 in 5A.

  5. #5
    Mr. Sixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Coalinga, CA
    Posts
    1,442

    Guess that's why they play the games

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    134

    Maybe not mail in the trophies, but by in large across all classes there is a group of 4-5 that you know are going to likely be there.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,343

    Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
    Maybe not mail in the trophies, but by in large across all classes there is a group of 4-5 that you know are going to likely be there.
    Just curious, but who would you say those teams are?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    614

    In Class A, I’m going to say mail it to Pikeville
    In Class 2A, I’m going to say mail it to Mayfield
    In Class 6A, I think Trinity will be back and will have the trophy mailed to them.
    That’s about the only things I feel confident about at this point.
    5A will be the toughest to predict

  9. #9
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    3,940

    Mail it to who you think is best. If they lose in playoffs they just hand over the trophy. Keep bringing it until reaches Championship game and winner leaves with it. Lol.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    134

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    Just curious, but who would you say those teams are?
    Don’t need me to name them. All is there on the KHSAA scoreboard site. Region finalists, semi finalists, state finalists and your champ. Usual suspects.

    You give me 5 schools per class, 30 total...you, me or anybody else takes the field and our 5 per are going to win hands down every year.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,343

    Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
    Don’t need me to name them. All is there on the KHSAA scoreboard situe. Region finalists, semi finalists, state finalists and your champ. Usual suspects.

    You give me 5 schools per class, 30 total...you, me or anybody else takes the field and our 5 per are going to win hands down every year.
    Agreed, just was curious what your thoughts were. I too would expect the majority of this year’s elite teams to be there when it’s all said and done next season.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    134

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    Agreed, just was curious what your thoughts were. I too would expect the majority of this year’s elite teams to be there when it’s all said and done next season.
    No doubt about it.

  13. #13
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    38,437

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre Nachos View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and predicting Highlands to win the newly formed District 5 in 5A.
    I think if there's any favorite in 5A, it's got to be Scott County coming down from 6A. The upperclassmen who are districted to Great Crossing in Scott County are not going to be forced to start at the new school, so I would assume that means most if not all of their sophomores and juniors from the 2018 season will be returning for 2019.

  14. #14
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,230

    It should be pretty obvious why CovCath and Beechwood were picked to win. One, they both won the previous year, and two, this is an NKY dominated board. They will always get the benefit of the doubt even if they shouldn't.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    614

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    It should be pretty obvious why CovCath and Beechwood were picked to win. One, they both won the previous year, and two, this is an NKY dominated board. They will always get the benefit of the doubt even if they shouldn't.
    I agree with the board being dominated by people from NKY, but I don’t think you will have many of them saying Beechwood or Covcath is the prohibitive favorite for this year

Top