Frederick Douglass - 2019 Schedule

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,333

    Frederick Douglass - 2019 Schedule

    AUG. 16 Trinity (Scrimmage)
    AUG. 23 Bryan Station
    AUG. 30 Tates Creek
    SEPT. 6 at Lafayette
    SEPT. 13 at Dunbar
    SEPT. 20 Henry Clay
    SEPT. 27 Scott Co.
    OCT. 4 at Grant Co.
    OCT. 11 Open
    OCT. 18 Great Crossing Senior Night
    OCT. 25 at Montgomery Co.
    NOV. 1 at Lexington Catholic
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    39,608

    Thanks for the info @16thBBall Fan!

  3. #3
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    39,608

    Interesting seeing Douglass playing ALL of the other Fayette County public schools when none of them are in their district. I would like to see some bigger challenges on the schedule in place of 2 or 3 of those games. I realize that they're "playing up" in division by scheduling them, but why not challenge yourself more?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,333

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Interesting seeing Douglass playing ALL of the other Fayette County public schools when none of them are in their district. I would like to see some bigger challenges on the schedule in place of 2 or 3 of those games. I realize that they're "playing up" in division by scheduling them, but why not challenge yourself more?
    Not 100% sure but the district and the district AD requires all public Lexington schools to play each other. They did drop the lower class schools the played in the Beef Jerky bowl and upgraded to Lexington Catholic and scrimmage Trinity as well.

  5. #5
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    39,608

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    Not 100% sure but the district and the district AD requires all public Lexington schools to play each other. They did drop the lower class schools the played in the Beef Jerky bowl and upgraded to Lexington Catholic and scrimmage Trinity as well.
    If so, they're doing a disservice to the potential quality of their football teams.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,333

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    If so, they're doing a disservice to the potential quality of their football teams.
    I agree 100%.

  7. #7
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,737

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    If so, they're doing a disservice to the potential quality of their football teams.
    No kidding, that is not helping their cases at all. Let them schedule who they want.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,333

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    If so, they're doing a disservice to the potential quality of their football teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    No kidding, that is not helping their cases at all. Let them schedule who they want.
    I verified this morning all Lexington public schools are required to play each other.

  9. #9
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,737

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    I verified this morning all Lexington public schools are required to play each other.
    I wonder what the reasoning behind that is?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,333

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I wonder what the reasoning behind that is?
    I have no idea some years that would be fine, but there is a lot of teams in Louisville and Northern Kentucky or Ohio that Douglass would benefit more playing. I agree 100%!

  11. #11
    barrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    1,555

    I would guess it has to do with travel cost. They have a district AD don’t they? Every school has an AD and then there is one for the district too?

  12. #12
    Straitshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Location
    Nicholas County
    Posts
    153

    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    I would guess it has to do with travel cost. They have a district AD don’t they? Every school has an AD and then there is one for the district too?
    Fayette County doesn't give any money to athletics other than the coach's stipend so I would welcome staying in town to play as many as I could if I had to fundraise for my buses.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    319

    It really makes the success they are having seem even more incredible! Fayette county School board really does not promote Athletics at all it seems.

  14. #14
    Johnny_Utah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    1365 Wichita Drive
    Posts
    824

    Take a look @ any Louisville public school football schedule & they basically do the same thing. Many teams don't leave Jefferson Co.

    (sidenote) I am not comparing Fayette Co. football to Jefferson Co. football in this assertion, just showing that it happens.

  15. #15
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    11,629

    Meh.....

    Would have liked to see a better schedule

Top