Franklin-Simpson 14 Johnson Central 12 (Class 4A State Championship)

  1. #1
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    149,579

    Franklin-Simpson 14 Johnson Central 12 (Class 4A State Championship)

    The Wildcats win their 4th State Championship to take the rubber match with Johnson Central.

    Congrats Franklin-Simpson Wildcats. Congrats Coach Preston.

    The game was a physical, defensive battle.

    Franklin-Simpson/Johnson Central (4A Championship) Updates
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,725

    Four state title games so far decided by a combined 12 points.

    In this one, Franklin held Johnson Central to their lowest total since South Warren's stomping in the 2015 state championship.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    1,632

    Back to back!!!!! An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

  4. #4
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,881

    Coach Matney has his Golden Eagles defense in full-on attack mode during the Franklin-Simpson victory formation snaps. Johnson Central earns a face mask and a personal foul on the last two snaps of the game.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    4,849

    I guess Johnson Central didn’t watch the Corbin/Central game on taking field goals in the redzone.

  6. #6
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    149,579

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Coach Matney has his Golden Eagles defense in full-on attack mode during the Franklin-Simpson victory formation snaps. Johnson Central earns a face mask and a personal foul on the last two snaps of the game.
    On one hand I don't blame JC on the other hand it was pretty rough...

  7. #7
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,725

    I find it interesting that Franklin-Simpson's four state titles have come in back to back sets (1979 & 1980, 2017 & 2018).

  8. #8
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,725

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Coach Matney has his Golden Eagles defense in full-on attack mode during the Franklin-Simpson victory formation snaps. Johnson Central earns a face mask and a personal foul on the last two snaps of the game.
    I get where some wouldn't like it, but I've also always found it interesting that people really expect teams just to take it and give up.

  9. #9
    JC Alumni 76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    3,232

    Congrats to Coach Preston and Franklin-Simpson on the their State Championship!

    As for the rest of my thoughts, I’m going to keep them to myself.

  10. #10
    DevilMayCare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    5,217

    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan View Post
    Back to back!!!!! An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.
    And they weren't favored in either game. A decided underdog last year, and a slight underdog (at least in the eyes of most, including BGP) tonight. But history will show that Franklin-Simpson was better than Johnson Central in 2017 and 2018. Congratulations!

  11. #11
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,881

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    I get where some wouldn't like it, but I've also always found it interesting that people really expect teams just to take it and give up.
    I believe on the high school freshman level in Kentucky, if a team tells the officials that they are going to run victory formation, the defense is required to step back from the line of scrimmage and let the snap take place un-contested.

  12. #12
    barrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    1,638

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    I believe on the high school freshman level in Kentucky, if a team tells the officials that they are going to run victory formation, the defense is required to step back from the line of scrimmage and let the snap take place un-contested.
    It’s not a rule. Some officials will say they are taking a knee but there is no rule of protection.

    I did like how FS used the placekick as their punt. Great idea that you rarely see.

  13. #13
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,725

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    I believe on the high school freshman level in Kentucky, if a team tells the officials that they are going to run victory formation, the defense is required to step back from the line of scrimmage and let the snap take place un-contested.
    I've never heard that, but maybe that is true on freshman level. I sure hope not on varsity because frankly, that's dumb.

  14. #14
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,881

    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    It’s not a rule. Some officials will say they are taking a knee but there is no rule of protection.

    I did like how FS used the placekick as their punt. Great idea that you rarely see.
    It may be Ohio high school freshman then.

  15. #15
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    11,826

    This game set Special Teams back to the leather helmet days.

Top