Franklin County (10-1) at Highlands (8-3)

Page 7 of Originally Posted by leatherneck Great post Boom. I don't think we're overlooking them. If we get beat, and I feel pretty good about our chances (which... 237 comments | 9207 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Please tell me you don't think that your schedule prepared you for the playoffs. Franklin Co. has one win that can be considered a good win and that's just because Harrison Co. stayed with CCH last week. Not sure how that prepares you for the playoffs but wins over Dixie, Madison Central, Southwestern and CCH does not.
    I did not state that our schedule was better than HHS. Other posters were stating that HHS's District schedule did not matter. I believe every game matters and because we play in a large District we are limited with OOC scheds. We beat all the teams we should have handily. There just seems to be a huge bias from NKY about CKY schools. We have a very good team and will be ready for the challenge Friday night. The posters who are predicting a blow out should be in for quite a surprise.
    Advertisement

  2. #92
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamnuts54
    I did not state that our schedule was better than HHS. Other posters were stating that HHS's District schedule did not matter. I believe every game matters and because we play in a large District we are limited with OOC scheds. We beat all the teams we should have handily. There just seems to be a huge bias from NKY about CKY schools. We have a very good team and will be ready for the challenge Friday night. The posters who are predicting a blow out should be in for quite a surprise.
    I'm not sure if it's a huge bias as much as it is past history. I assure you HHS is not taking Franklin Co. lightly. Unlike most of us, they're watching film and have scouted Franklin Co. They'll know how good Franklin is and that's the only thing that matters.

    I do have one question that maybe you can answer. Your Daddy states to "Bring on the rematch" with LexCath. What on earth is he thinking?

  3. #93
    Hip-Hop Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    6,061

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    I'm not sure if it's a huge bias as much as it is past history. I assure you HHS is not taking Franklin Co. lightly. Unlike most of us, they're watching film and have scouted Franklin Co. They'll know how good Franklin is and that's the only thing that matters.

    I do have one question that maybe you can answer. Your Daddy states to "Bring me back to reality" with LexCath. What on earth was I thinking?


  4. #94

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    I think what your problem is, is that no one is disputing that EXCEPT people that are NOT HHS supporters.
    I can only go by what I read. I read blowout and take for granted that these are HHS fans. Besides myself and a few other posters very few even give FC a chance to be in this game.

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    I'm not sure if it's a huge bias as much as it is past history. I assure you HHS is not taking Franklin Co. lightly. Unlike most of us, they're watching film and have scouted Franklin Co. They'll know how good Franklin is and that's the only thing that matters.

    I do have one question that maybe you can answer. Your Daddy states to "Bring on the rematch" with LexCath. What on earth is he thinking?
    Another fan of blind faith. I will be rooting for CC myself.

  6. #96
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamnuts54
    Another fan of blind faith. I will be rooting for CC myself.
    Agreed. Most HHS fans are pretty knowledgeable and understand what it takes to get to the pizza box. However, that doesn't mean we have a few outrageous posters. Just be glad CHorn's not around.

  7. #97
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamnuts54
    I did not state that our schedule was better than HHS. Other posters were stating that HHS's District schedule did not matter. I believe every game matters and because we play in a large District we are limited with OOC scheds. We beat all the teams we should have handily. There just seems to be a huge bias from NKY about CKY schools. We have a very good team and will be ready for the challenge Friday night. The posters who are predicting a blow out should be in for quite a surprise.
    Your opponents' winning % - 43
    Our opponents' winning % - 62

    Your defeated oponents' winning % - 38
    Our defeated oponents' winning % - 54

  8. #98

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdsfan
    Your opponents' winning % - 43
    Our opponents' winning % - 62

    Your defeated oponents' winning % - 38
    Our defeated oponents' winning % - 54
    Is that supposed to mean something. Again we beat the teams we should have handily. That's all we can do. 8 teams in our District and it is not our fault that Pulaski and Breath were down this year. Have a nice day.

  9. #99
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamnuts54
    Is that supposed to mean something. Again we beat the teams we should have handily.
    Quite a bit! Have an even better day!

  10. #100
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,512

    Lamnuts54, it just seems to me you are really trying to play the "us against the world" card here. You claim that HHS and NKY have no respect for FC. I don't buy it. Highlands has respect for all teams they play, especially come playoff time. The fact is, if FC was a pushover they wouldn't have the record they have nor would they be playing in round two. So please put the disrespect thing to rest and just look forward to a great game Friday night.

  11. #101

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State
    Lamnuts54, it just seems to me you are really trying to play the "us against the world" card here. You claim that HHS and NKY have no respect for FC. I don't buy it. Highlands has respect for all teams they play, especially come playoff time. The fact is, if FC was a pushover they wouldn't have the record they have nor would they be playing in round two. So please put the disrespect thing to rest and just look forward to a great game Friday night.
    Not us against the world just HHS this week. I am looking forward to a great game this week. And when the disrespect ends I'll put it to rest. Not all of NKY just some.

  12. #102

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    574

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State
    Lamnuts54, it just seems to me you are really trying to play the "us against the world" card here. You claim that HHS and NKY have no respect for FC. I don't buy it. Highlands has respect for all teams they play, especially come playoff time. The fact is, if FC was a pushover they wouldn't have the record they have nor would they be playing in round two. So please put the disrespect thing to rest and just look forward to a great game Friday night.
    In this thread it does seem to be him against the world.

  13. #103
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamnuts54
    Not us against the world just HHS this week. I am looking forward to a great game this week. And when the disrespect ends I'll put it to rest. Not all of NKY just some.
    So it's not "us against the world, it's us against NKY?" This just in, you're playing HHS not NKY.

  14. #104

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    110

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamnuts54
    Well I'll read between the lines on that one too. I believe it will be a great FB game but what do I know.



    Yeah, we are all beginning to ask that question.

  15. #105

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBirdMan
    Yeah, we are all beginning to ask that question.
    Wow another laugh. What talent. Is the question will we beat FC? Good Luck

Top