Franklin County (10-1) at Highlands (8-3)

Page 3 of Originally Posted by leatherneck Great post Boom. I don't think we're overlooking them. If we get beat, and I feel pretty good about our chances (which... 237 comments | 9201 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Bluetothebone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    I am a member of a Team, and rely on the Team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the Team, not the individual, is the ULTIMATE CHAMPION !!!
    Posts
    502

    Quote Originally Posted by BIRDWATCHER
    It's a tough year for the Birds football team when the town is more excited about the Girls State Soccer title game tonight! Go Birds!

    Girls Soccer State Champs!!!
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    Sportz Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 04
    Location
    Land of the Who Dey
    Posts
    9,803

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State
    I've looked back at the posts in this thread made by Birds fans, I haven't seen one disrespect FC yet. Those who have predicted a HHS blowout victory are not Highlands fans.
    Im a Highlands fan!

  3. #33
    DoggyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In the COV, "If you can't run with DOGGYDAWG then take your ball and go home"
    Posts
    633

    Birds win this one going away, It's playoff time in Ft. Thomas different team in the playoffs and they are battle tested. Good Luck birds!

  4. #34
    Rebel88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    5 STRAIGHT
    Posts
    705

    Hioghlands 31
    Franklin 20

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    357

    Haven't seen Highlands play this year, but have been impressed over the years with the way Coch Mueller has adapted his offensive philosophy to the personnel he has....which leads to the question....just what is the Birds offensive philosphy this year?

    Do they throw it often (ala Lorenzen and Giuduigli) or are they primarily a running team?

    If they are pretty predictable offensively, I believe FC has the players to line up and play against them. If they mix it up a lot and throw multiple formations and the line at the Flyers, then FC may have some trouble.

    I have been impressed with FC's defense in the games I have seen them play. And their offense has been routinely explosive against whoever they have played.

    I believe that FC is a client of Tony Franklin and his version of the Hal Mumme offensive attack aren't they?

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    St. Matthews, Home of the 2006 and 17 time KY State Champion Trinity Shamrocks
    Posts
    6,464

    While researching the background of this matchup I noticed that HHS had three district games. Who do you have to know to get this deal?

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In enemy territory scouting for the future..
    Posts
    10,311

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    While researching the background of this matchup I noticed that HHS had three district games. Who do you have to know to get this deal?
    How is it a deal ?????????Go play their non-conference schedule and see if you think it is a deal.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamnuts54
    Just trying to help them look for motivation to play.
    At this point if they need help to look for motivation to play, they're beat. I personally don't think they need the help. With their record and the way they played Friday night, I look for a war.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    It sure would be nice to have more district games. Fewer district games only helps the teams on the bubble, not the ones at the top.

  10. #40
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    While researching the background of this matchup I noticed that HHS had three district games. Who do you have to know to get this deal?
    Ask the KHSAA. They made the alignment.

  11. #41
    Mean Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 05
    Posts
    205

    LSU ROCK, year in and year out this district changes with schools moving up and down in class. It used to have I think as many as 8, but enrollments at Holmes, Dixie , Connor, Scott and Oldham Cty have made changes. I think next year we add 1 or 2. IMO, Kentucky needs to improve the playoff system and be realistic. Having 70% of your first round games as blowouts points to a need to redefine the system.

    As far as our next game with FC, I don't think anyone at HHS has taken this team for granted. The have a great record andplayed some quality teams. As LN had the bout of indigestion about last weeks game with WJ, I have got that uncomfortable feeling this week. I hope that the powers that be put together a great gameplan for this one. Our youth is really starting to come together as a veteran team over the last couple of games, but youth is what it is and the lack of focus can bite you from time to time. Hope Dale gets em ready and my thoughts are put to rest, GO BIRDS.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bird
    , Connor, .
    The school has been around since 1971 and its always been spelled "Conner".

    FYI

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    1,069

    I think it's safe to say Franklin Co. matches up with Highlands better this year than the past two years I still say Highlands will win but they won't blow out Franklin and they better come ready to play or Franklin Co. will pull off the upset.

  14. #44
    Henry521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    The Team From Fort Thomas AGAIN
    Posts
    8,641

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bird
    LSU ROCK, year in and year out this district changes with schools moving up and down in class. It used to have I think as many as 8, but enrollments at Holmes, Dixie , Connor, Scott and Oldham Cty have made changes. I think next year we add 1 or 2. IMO, Kentucky needs to improve the playoff system and be realistic. Having 70% of your first round games as blowouts points to a need to redefine the system.

    As far as our next game with FC, I don't think anyone at HHS has taken this team for granted. The have a great record andplayed some quality teams. As LN had the bout of indigestion about last weeks game with WJ, I have got that uncomfortable feeling this week. I hope that the powers that be put together a great gameplan for this one. Our youth is really starting to come together as a veteran team over the last couple of games, but youth is what it is and the lack of focus can bite you from time to time. Hope Dale gets em ready and my thoughts are put to rest, GO BIRDS.
    Ok enough with blaming my cooking for you and LN having "that feeling" about these games. You know maybe Friday night you ate something that someone else made. Just because it was in my house doesn't mean I cooked it. You know Sara Lee and Oscar Meyer stop by once in awhile :creepy:

  15. #45
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,512

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry521
    Ok enough with blaming my cooking for you and LN having "that feeling" about these games. You know maybe Friday night you ate something that someone else made. Just because it was in my house doesn't mean I cooked it. You know Sara Lee and Oscar Meyer stop by once in awhile :creepy:
    From the looks of things Henry, your cooking hasn't disagreed with LN too often.














    j/k LN.

Top