Franklin County (10-1) at Highlands (8-3)

Page 14 of Originally Posted by leatherneck Great post Boom. I don't think we're overlooking them. If we get beat, and I feel pretty good about our chances (which... 237 comments | 9207 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #196
    72birdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, Home of the Bluebirds and SOME of the Breds! REST IN PEACE QUINN and MITCH!
    Posts
    2,342

    Quote Originally Posted by onetoya
    We don't think so over here in the East
    Name 2 teams, East or any other direction with more of a winning tradition
    Advertisement

  2. #197
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    On a beach using Mr. Underhill's American Express card.....Want the number?
    Posts
    3,013

    Quote Originally Posted by 72birdman
    What we are saying is, all else being equal, take the team with the tradition. You can't win being AS good...you have to be better!
    So I should picked Highlands to win the 3-a title every year? (based on your arguement)

  3. #198
    72birdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, Home of the Bluebirds and SOME of the Breds! REST IN PEACE QUINN and MITCH!
    Posts
    2,342

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch
    So I should picked Highlands to win the 3-a title every year? (based on your arguement)
    You would be right more than 1/3 of the time. Thats pretty good.

  4. #199

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    2,891

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch
    I'm not denying the numbers. Highlands has one of the elite programs in the state. But to say tradition throws the football on the screws to a receiver in the end zone or tradition makes the diving catch is plain ridiculous. If it was, Highlands would be state champions every single year!

    Paris has a great football tradition. How come tradition isn't making the plays for them this year? or last year? Fort Knox has a great tradition. Why isn't tradition making the plays for them? Hopkinsville has a great football tradition and how many state championships has tradition won them in the last 30 years? Zero.

    You can give credit to Highlands' talent, home field, the crowd, coaching -- they may win the game, but tradition will not factor in the W or the L.

    What the posters are talking about is not only tradition, but experience; the players that were on the field, on the sidelines, in the locker room, and in practice last season all hve the experience of knowing what it takes to win the big game.

    Plus with tradition comes expectations; we all know the higher the expectations, the greater the achievement; all of Ft. Thomas expects a State Title every year, and the players start shortly after the State Finals working to achieve that the next year. They put in MULTIPLE hours a day in spring practice, early summer practice, and once 3 a days start.

    That is how the tradition of Highlands football will help them win Friday night.

  5. #200
    onetoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Ashland: Tomcat Country
    Posts
    4,869

    Quote Originally Posted by 72birdman
    Name 2 teams, East or any other direction with more of a winning tradition
    Ashland has a VERY good tradition in football prior to the KHSAA, But as I look at the win/loss record against Ft. Thomas Highlands it stands Ashland 5 Highlands 17 and 1 tie...

    I guess I'll say that's pretty solid tradition for the Birds.

  6. #201
    72birdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, Home of the Bluebirds and SOME of the Breds! REST IN PEACE QUINN and MITCH!
    Posts
    2,342

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    What the posters are talking about is not only tradition, but experience; the players that were on the field, on the sidelines, in the locker room, and in practice last season all hve the experience of knowing what it takes to win the big game.

    Plus with tradition comes expectations; we all know the higher the expectations, the greater the achievement; all of Ft. Thomas expects a State Title every year, and the players start shortly after the State Finals working to achieve that the next year. They put in MULTIPLE hours a day in spring practice, early summer practice, and once 3 a days start.

    That is how the tradition of Highlands football will help them win Friday night.
    Not to mention, this week, the seniors are practicing for the 42nd game of their high school careers...the juniors their 27th...How many games have the FC seniors practiced for? Let me help you...this is their 34th. That is only two games short of an extra regular season for the Birds.

    I would never say that FC can't win, (in fact I haven't even said Highland would win) all I am saying is while fans, tradition or history won't make one play on the field, they can still play a very important roll.

  7. #202
    onetoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Ashland: Tomcat Country
    Posts
    4,869

    Quote Originally Posted by 72birdman
    Not to mention, this week, the seniors are practicing for the 42nd game of their high school careers...the juniors their 27th...How many games have the FC seniors practiced for?
    True!!!! I thought about that today as my team practiced and many others had already turned in the equipment. In a 2 year span of reaching the finals a team could be another year experienced with the young kids

    To be honest I'd like to go back to the 11 game regular season.

  8. #203

    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Northern Ky.
    Posts
    5,115

    Quote Originally Posted by leatherneck
    Do you really want me to answer that last question?
    It wasn't directed toward you.

    But if you wanna take a stab at it, it's all you.

  9. #204
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch
    So I should picked Highlands to win the 3-a title every year?
    Sounds like a plan. I'll send your Bluebird member card in the mail. Just need your address.

  10. #205
    HHSballer19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    When I was your age, Pluto was a planet!!"
    Posts
    2,340

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdsfan
    I see what you mean!

    1961 1964 1968 1970 1975 1977 1981
    1960 But tradition isn't throwing passes and making plays. 1982
    2004 2000 1999 1998 1996 1992 1989

    Nice.

  11. #206
    TSFan20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    The FORT
    Posts
    1,862

    Quote Originally Posted by HHSballer19
    Nice.
    That does look nice, however we need to fill in those corners a bit more!!

    And I think I need a new avatar, just goes to show you what getting a new job can do to your browsing of BGP!! Hasnt been changed since the Presidential race....

  12. #207
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,445

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Sounds like a plan. I'll send your Bluebird member card in the mail. Just need your address.

  13. #208
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS
    Don't worry, he'd have an imposter sticker on it so everyone would know.

  14. #209

    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    North Carolina, but crazy about Ft. Thomas Highlands! Visit my Highlands website at www.Highlands-Bluebirds.com!
    Posts
    7,132

    One thing is for sure: Franklin County is going to have to come out and play the best game in their program's history on Friday if they are going to beat HHS. Who knows... maybe it will happen, but I doubt it.

    HHS 35
    FC 16

  15. #210

    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    North Carolina, but crazy about Ft. Thomas Highlands! Visit my Highlands website at www.Highlands-Bluebirds.com!
    Posts
    7,132

    Quote Originally Posted by Hat Trick
    I sat 10 feet from the scouts that Mueller sent. First series, 3 and 10 for FC and they throw a deep post for a score. Let's say the scouts were not prepared for that and were discussing where the receiver came from on the route.
    Well, that's why Mueller sent scouts to watch the FC-SO game. Now, HHS' staff will know exactly where that FC receiver came from!!! Also, why would you be surprised that the HHS scouts "were not prepared" for FC's play? How many FC games do you think HHS has sent scouts to this year??? I'm guessing none before last Friday's game.

Top