FCS schools signing Ky. kids (LOI's)

  1. #1
    CoachJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    1,382

    FCS schools signing Ky. kids (LOI's)

    From what I can gather...

    EKU signed 5 Kentucky kids.

    S.E. Missouri State signed 3 Ky. kids (all from Louisville).

    Murray State signed ONE Ky kid out of the TWENTY-EIGHT they signed.

    UT Martin signed one Ky kid.

    Tennessee Tech signed one Ky kid.

    (UT-Martin and Tenn. Tech signed as many Ky kids as Murray State did.)

    I'm sure there are other Ky. kids who signed with other FCS schools...if you know, would you please post here? Thanks.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Posts
    37,668

    WKU had several on their commit list, right? How many signed today?

  3. #3
    CoachJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    1,382

    Quote Originally Posted by Watusi View Post
    WKU had several on their commit list, right? How many signed today?
    Yes (as did UK), but was interested mainly in FCS schools that signed Ky. kids (I think we have a bunch of them but they get overlooked b/c EKU & Murray only scholarship-offering FCS schools).

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Posts
    37,668

    Doh!

    I missed that part.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    321

    Wofford had at least 2 I can't rember who clay bollin signed with

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,970

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ View Post
    From what I can gather...

    EKU signed 5 Kentucky kids.

    S.E. Missouri State signed 3 Ky. kids (all from Louisville).

    Murray State signed ONE Ky kid out of the TWENTY-EIGHT they signed.

    UT Martin signed one Ky kid.

    Tennessee Tech signed one Ky kid.

    (UT-Martin and Tenn. Tech signed as many Ky kids as Murray State did.)

    I'm sure there are other Ky. kids who signed with other FCS schools...if you know, would you please post here? Thanks.
    That's a vast improvement from the previous regime.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Posts
    393

    Think of this...and a BG person can correct me if I'm wrong here...but since 2005, Murray has offered a total of ZERO scholarships to players from BGHS, Gwood, or Warren East.

    If that's correct, and I think it is, that's staggering.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    285

    Murray continues to post 2 and 3 win seasons... They've got this. No need for any help here.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    225

    Right now Murray State is one of the biggest jokes of college football. They are cutting kids they signed one and two years ago.

  10. #10
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,412

    Quote Originally Posted by W.E. Raider View Post
    Think of this...and a BG person can correct me if I'm wrong here...but since 2005, Murray has offered a total of ZERO scholarships to players from BGHS, Gwood, or Warren East.

    If that's correct, and I think it is, that's staggering.
    That's ridiculous. If I'm Murray State, I've got a recruiter LIVING at Bowling Green High School. Where does Murray typically recruit?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    417

    Quote Originally Posted by W.E. Raider View Post
    Think of this...and a BG person can correct me if I'm wrong here...but since 2005, Murray has offered a total of ZERO scholarships to players from BGHS, Gwood, or Warren East.

    If that's correct, and I think it is, that's staggering.
    Pretty sure zero kids signed from Louisville as well. I'm with you - just shocked at the lack of recruiting across the state by Murray. Z Smith (WR) from Male had an offer but went to SE Missouri and I can't blame him. SE Missouri doing a fine job getting kids from KY - unacceptable when they get more than Murray State.

    Congrats to EKU. I think they put together a fine class and nice to see them back on the scene with KY kids

  12. #12
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,412

    Quote Originally Posted by Old-School-Football View Post
    SE Missouri doing a fine job getting kids from KY - unacceptable when they get more than Murray State.
    Is there a Southeast Missouri/Kentucky connection, or do they just see an untapped opening and are recruiting harder?

  13. #13
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,327

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    That's ridiculous. If I'm Murray State, I've got a recruiter LIVING at Bowling Green High School. Where does Murray typically recruit?
    MSU has one player from Bowling Green on the 2016 roster, Redshirt Freshman WR - Jensen Feggins. Not sure if he was offered a scholarship or not. 17 on roster from Kentucky. Again, not sure on how that breaks down by scholarships or if it is true they haven't offered a scholarship to anyone throughout Warren County since '05. I find that hard to believe, but who knows.

    Murray State recruits a lot more in Central to Western Tennessee than other Commonwealth schools. Which in all honesty has a much higher quality of football than Kentucky (Memphis, Nashville, Clarksville, and others with good football just south of the border). Now that hasn't translated into much on the field, but their troubles are not about failing to lock up a few more in-state recruits.

  14. #14
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,412

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Murray State recruits a lot more in Central to Western Tennessee than other Commonwealth schools. Which in all honesty has a much higher quality of football than Kentucky (Memphis, Nashville, Clarksville, and others with good football just south of the border). Now that hasn't translated into much on the field, but their troubles are not about failing to lock up a few more in-state recruits.
    That's fair and it makes sense. Murray is a lot closer to those areas than to many parts of Kentucky. But I would think anything west of I-65 would be their recruiting target too.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    417

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Is there a Southeast Missouri/Kentucky connection, or do they just see an untapped opening and are recruiting harder?
    Not sure about any connections. I just know for a fact SE Missouri is VERY active in KY. DeMichael Jackson from JTOWN having a great career at SE right now - hope to see him get healthy after an injury last season. Assistant HC Jon Wiemers doing a great job getting in and out of the schools to see coaches and kids - very similar to Dontae Wright at Morehead State (if you guys know Coach Wright - super person).

    Didn't take EKU very long with the new coaching staff. I'm a little surprised to see them so active immediately after the coaching change - but that was impressive. I sure hope some of the Murray people really this discussion. Would be nice to have another FCS Team in our state.

Top