Page 11 of Can anyone confirm or deny that there is an active investigation into the Fairview football program by the KHSAA? If so, what can you tell us?... 503 comments | 40343 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #201
    Ram
    Ram is offline
    Moderator Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Bluegrasspreps Director of Football Operations
    Posts
    30,789
    Fairview School Board meeting Monday. I would say will find out a lot more about action that will be taken then.
    oldrambler likes this.

  2. #202
    Premium Member oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    Raceland's "Ram Stadium" and Rupp Arena : Where Opponets Dreams Go To Die !
    Posts
    32,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Good for them!!!

    i think if this all is true then Fview administrators should be ashamed of the,selves, especially after knowing people were in the know of what was going on and they still did nothing.
    Absolutely, one parent (fro what I'm told there were a few) tried to go through the proper channels, he went to the head coach on a complaint on an incident, he got no satisfaction - was just "told the usual line". This person then got more frustrated, went to the Superintendent and he, after told point blank about an incident involving their child and a football player upheld the coach and the player and told the parent that basically, in so many words wasn't about to do anything. Now, there was a parent acting as they should with a complaint/question and was ignored.

    I am about done with this and will just say that what all that's came out in ghis thread is what has pretty much been known by everyone in our area and beyond. I have no idea as of now if the KHSAA plans on bringing anything else up or going to continue an investigation. I will say that what is out now is not all that's involved, actually it is just a tip of the iceberg should everything that I know thats going on/went on come out and who knows how much more is really there ?
    I honestly do feel for the hometown kids that have lived in that district their entire life only to be pushed aside for "difference makers/star" brought in. As for the administration, coaches and supporters that no doubt knew what was going on and supported it.....you caused the problems, deal with it.
    I would be willing to bet that there are some parents, residents of that school district that voted "YES" on the recent school tax increase for Fairview schools that would cast a different vote now.
    Last edited by True blue (and gold); Oct 26, 13 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Rule 8
    Hellbird likes this.

  3. #203
    Ram
    Ram is offline
    Moderator Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Bluegrasspreps Director of Football Operations
    Posts
    30,789
    October 26, 2013'
    Difficult week' at Fairview


    Players rally around one another, coach; Eagles win amid KHSAA investigation

    Aaron Snyder
    The Independent

    WESTWOOD — After finishing off a 49-14 victory over Nicholas County, Fairview’s players gathered at their usual spot around the flagpole for a postgame huddle and prayer.

    As head coach Nathan McPeek made his way to the circle, the group collectively chanted, “Coach McPeek! Coach McPeek! Coach McPeek!”

    It’s been a difficult few days at Fairview, according to players, as rumors and speculation have swirled around the program. The Kentucky High School Athletic Association confirmed this week that there is an investigation involving the potential eligibility of a student-athlete at the school.

    School officials said they are currently awaiting a ruling by the KHSAA and, until then, can’t comment on the matter.

    What is certain is that McPeek remains the head coach, at least through the end of the season. Garry McPeek has resigned as principal and athletic director and has been reassigned to Fairview Elementary, where he is now a physical education teacher. He is no longer an assistant coach. Eric Hale is the acting high school principal.

    Link

    oldrambler likes this.

  4. #204
    Premium Member oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    Raceland's "Ram Stadium" and Rupp Arena : Where Opponets Dreams Go To Die !
    Posts
    32,898
    I have been venting in part bc myself, Ram, Sidelinedoc were being told by Fairview fans (that no doubt knew better) that we were basically lying, sour grapes jealous, etc.. in posting what was going on at FHS on earlier threads. So, just who are the guilty ones now ". That's just anoher reason that I am so glad that Raceland whipped Fairview soundly last week (with their out/state players in the game except for one injured), had Fairview won everyone ever associated with the school would be jumping all over it. Those tat were are no where now.
    I hope that the hometown Westwood area / Fairview H.S. kids get a chance to continue to play football for their school.

  5. #205
    Premium Member oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    Raceland's "Ram Stadium" and Rupp Arena : Where Opponets Dreams Go To Die !
    Posts
    32,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    October 26, 2013'
    Difficult week' at Fairview


    Players rally around one another, coach; Eagles win amid KHSAA investigation

    Aaron Snyder
    The Independent

    WESTWOOD — After finishing off a 49-14 victory over Nicholas County, Fairview’s players gathered at their usual spot around the flagpole for a postgame huddle and prayer.

    As head coach Nathan McPeek made his way to the circle, the group collectively chanted, “Coach McPeek! Coach McPeek! Coach McPeek!”

    It’s been a difficult few days at Fairview, according to players, as rumors and speculation have swirled around the program. The Kentucky High School Athletic Association confirmed this week that there is an investigation involving the potential eligibility of a student-athlete at the school.

    School officials said they are currently awaiting a ruling by the KHSAA and, until then, can’t comment on the matter.

    What is certain is that McPeek remains the head coach, at least through the end of the season. Garry McPeek has resigned as principal and athletic director and has been reassigned to Fairview Elementary, where he is now a physical education teacher. He is no longer an assistant coach. Eric Hale is the acting high school principal.

    Link

    Thanks for the link Ram, Aaron Snyder ino is a good writer for the ADI. The article backs up basically what I was told and posted earlier so I'm glad that I has the correct info, listened to the right people.
    I have to say that I disagree with Fairview being able to continue in the playoffs but that is not my call and I full well know it, will not mention it again.

  6. #206
    Premium Member oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    Raceland's "Ram Stadium" and Rupp Arena : Where Opponets Dreams Go To Die !
    Posts
    32,898
    BTW....1 1/2 days and now 208 POST / 11 Pages and still going . What's the all time BGP record for the length of a thread ?

  7. #207
    Premium Member Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    23,328
    This thread reminds me in more than a few ways of the Rose Hill threads we used to. More than any area of the state the Ashland area seems ripe for scandals like this.

  8. #208
    Premium Member Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    23,328
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    BTW....1 1/2 days and now 208 POST / 11 Pages and still going . What's the all time BGP record for the length of a thread ?
    You have three posters (maybe more) from a rival school looking for their pound of flesh. It tends to fuel a few posts.

  9. #209
    Premium Member LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The Brain Sucker
    Posts
    49,576
    Quote Originally Posted by quickslick View Post
    And again ... I was, have, and will continue to address the only points that I have tried to make ... 1. Don't post information from "sources" when the poster admits upfront that it is not verified (and specifically the fact that all athletics could be stopped if Fairview takes a certain course of action). 2. The KHSAA will never close down all athletic programs at a school .. simply because they have never taken the path of penalizing kids who were not involved.

    I intentionally did NOT talk about what Fairview did or did not do. I NEVER EVEN brought it up. And most IMPORTANTLY--I NEVER QUESTIONED ANYONE WHO HAS DISCUSSED THE ALLEGATIONS. Do you know why? Because I have zero knowledge or understanding. That does not mean I don't believe you ... or I am questioning you. It means that I do not know or care about what Fairview did.

    As I said before ... the biggest losers here could potentially be the kids who live in district .. who have done nothing wrong (in direct relation to the possibly that sidelinedoc posted).

    Ask yourself .. who are the potential biggest losers here? It isn't just the kids/teams that got beat by a team that was not following the rules. Maybe it is the kids who were pushed aside at their own school ... who lived in district .. did nothing wrong for kids who should not have been there.

    If sidelinedoc's self admitted unverified comment turns out to be true (the KHSAA may shut down all sports at Fairview) ... I will be the first one to say I am wrong .. and apologize.

    My goodness. Where the heck did this rant come from based on my previous post?

  10. #210
    Premium Member oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    Raceland's "Ram Stadium" and Rupp Arena : Where Opponets Dreams Go To Die !
    Posts
    32,898
    Quote Originally Posted by quickslick View Post
    Ha, ha ... I guess that isn't a personal attack now is it, Spindoc .....
    Didn't your school get in trouble for recruiting violations?
    Oh .. that's right ... you did as well ... pot .. meet kettle ... kettle meet pot ....
    UH...Spindoc didn't post what you just quoted, just sayin'.

  11. #211
    Premium Member oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    Raceland's "Ram Stadium" and Rupp Arena : Where Opponets Dreams Go To Die !
    Posts
    32,898
    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    My goodness. Where the heck did this rant come from based on my previous post?
    It seems that he doesn't need much to set off a rant. Get ready for the next one..


    and btw quickslick, Just before you bring up me posting again, yes I know that I said that I was done talking about Fairview. This one and the previous one was in response to a couple of other comments. that you quoted.
    Last edited by oldrambler; Oct 26, 13 at 08:43 AM.

  12. #212
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    62,630
    Haven't read through all of this. Is the player in question still on the team?

  13. #213
    Premium Member sidelinedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    In the gym or on the road
    Posts
    5,798
    Quote Originally Posted by quickslick View Post
    Seriously ... you are clueless. I made one point in my first point in this thread ... the point is that the KHSAA would NEVER cancel all athletics at Fairview .. (which is what sidelinedoc mentioned .. and even clearly said it was not confirmed). From there .. your lack of reading comprehension led you to give examples of how Fairview cheated ... (which I NEVER even discussed). Seriously .. could you be anymore clueless?
    Well, I guess I missed out on my beat down on here due to my comment. The KHSAA has made this statement but I cannot and will not reveal my source. They have told Fairview to self impose sanctions and if they are not severe enough, according to the KHSAA, then they will add to it. They have also said that IF they, Fairview, balk at this or try and appeal, they will take their sanction away for ALL sports. That is not taking athletics away. That is making them ineligible for post-season play. That would be very reasonable. If you only knew the arrogance of how this has been played out over the past several years, you may not seem so froggy to jump on my comments. Believe me, I don't want it to be true but there are things being done in Westwood that are embarrassing to the spirit of the game and to fairness to all involved. I don't owe you or anyone the name of my source but I assure you, if I was out of line, BGP would have reprimanded me or deleted my post. Now, I have nothing more to say regarding this issue until an official ruling is handed down.
    Last edited by sidelinedoc; Oct 26, 13 at 10:30 AM.
    RAMCAT77 likes this.

  14. #214
    Premium Member Mayfieldsportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Pride and Tradition NEVER Graduate!
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by sidelinedoc View Post
    Well, I guess I missed out on my beat down on here due to my comment. The KHSAA has made this statement but I cannot and will not reveal my source. They have told Fairview to self impose sanctions and if they are not severe enough, according to the KHSAA, then they will add to it. They have also said that IF they, Fairview, balk at this or try and appeal, they will take their sanction away for ALL sports. That is not taking athletics away. That is making them ineligible for post-season play. That would be very reasonable. If you only knew the arrogance of how this has been played out over the past several years, you may not seem so froggy to jump on my comments. Believe me, I don't want it to be true but there are things being done in Westwood that are embarrassing to the spirit of the game and to fairness to all involved. I don't owe you or anyone the name of my source but I assure you, if I was out of line, BGP would have reprimanded me or deleted my post. Now, I have nothing more to say regarding this issue until an official ruling is handed down.
    I heard that Coach McPeek yelled at you in a public place. Is that true?

  15. #215
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    561
    But coach's dont read the boards right ?? lol

  16. #216
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    561
    Never saw an answer to one of my questions - Is K Mcknight still an assistant at fairview ?

  17. #217
    Premium Member sidelinedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    In the gym or on the road
    Posts
    5,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfieldsportsfan View Post
    I heard that Coach McPeek yelled at you in a public place. Is that true?
    Hahaha, how did you hear about that? Well, the answer to that question is yes. I was called by Coach McPeek and asked to meet him at a local gas station in Raceland. When I obliged and met him, he proceeded to yell and me and explain how they were giving those boys from Huntington a chance to succeed and get out of their bad situation. It was all because I jokingly referred to their team as the "Huntington Eagles" on Facebook in a conversation between a friend, Nate's sister and myself. Even though I said it was only a joke and was only kidding on the Facebook post AND the fact he never actually read it himself, he decided to confront me. When I spoke in return and told him what had actually been written and the fact that I treat kids from almost all area schools on both sides of the river (except Fairview) he asked me not to speak of our conversation. Funny that you heard about this.

  18. #218
    Premium Member Mayfieldsportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Pride and Tradition NEVER Graduate!
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by sidelinedoc View Post
    Hahaha, how did you hear about that? Well, the answer to that question is yes. I was called by Coach McPeek and asked to meet him at a local gas station in Raceland. When I obliged and met him, he proceeded to yell and me and explain how they were giving those boys from Huntington a chance to succeed and get out of their bad situation. It was all because I jokingly referred to their team as the "Huntington Eagles" on Facebook in a conversation between a friend, Nate's sister and myself. Even though I said it was only a joke and was only kidding on the Facebook post AND the fact he never actually read it himself, he decided to confront me. When I spoke in return and told him what had actually been written and the fact that I treat kids from almost all area schools on both sides of the river (except Fairview) he asked me not to speak of our conversation. Funny that you heard about this.
    Thanks for answering. Like you I can't reveal my source.

  19. #219
    Premium Member sidelinedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    In the gym or on the road
    Posts
    5,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfieldsportsfan View Post
    Thanks for answering. Like you I can't reveal my source.
    LOL You're too funny.

  20. #220
    Premium Member Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    You lookin' at me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?!?!
    Posts
    43,717
    This entered into classic territory at about post 50 or so, and the way this is going it is in the running for best thread ever. Especially since I keep hearing talk of "tip of the iceberg" and such. This is downright scandalicious stuff.

    Please carry on, folks.