Eastern Kentucky Power Rankings 10-4-15
10. Corbin (3A, 4-3)- Redhounds pummel hapless Jackson County and move to a BYE. The path to Pineville gets a little more anxious.
9. Pikeville (1A, 5-2)- Panthers secure a huge 56-28 win over District rival Hazard and all but lock up the District Title. The next few weeks should allow for rest before a playoff push.
8. Bell County (3A, 5-1)- Bobcats continue to push forward after their early season spill against 3A's best team. Bobcats get one last challenge to gear up for Corbin travelling to a solid Campbell County, TN team.
7. North Laurel (5A, 7-0)- Jags just continue to win by pounding Whitley County 36-8. The most promising news for North Laurel is their defense is starting to improve to meet their offense. Up next is a reeling Letcher Central team.
6. Southwestern (5A, 5-1)- The Warriors return back to action against a struggling South Laurel team. Southwestern will look to keep the injury report clean as they draw toward the big matchup with their County Rivals.
5. Paintsville (1A, 7-0)- Another dominating win over a higher classification team as they dismantle 3A Pike Central 56-7. Though Paintsville's District may be only three teams, all three are ranked in the 1A Top 10. This week comes Fairview in a must win game.
4. Belfry (3A, 5-1)- Belfry stepped up to challenge the best of West Virginia in a school almost three times their size and found they were not ready for the leap. Cabell Midland put a 49-7 beatdown on Belfry that the Pirates have to quickly put behind them with a huge District Game against Lawrence County.
3. Ashland (4A, 6-0)- The Tomcats' biggest obstacle Friday was Mother Nature as they grinded out a 26-6 win in the Boyd County Mudpit. East Carter should provide little resistance as both they and Johnson Central blaze paths to their destiny.
2. Johnson Central (4A, 5-0)- Golden Eagles are the victim of lack of competition. They continue to be super impressive but are just not getting opportunities to flex their muscle. Greenup isn't a top flight team, but should at least force the Golden Eagles to put in a solid days' work.
1. Pulaski County (5A, 5-1)- Pulaski was super impressive in vanquishing 6A Henry Clay 43-0 and as such take over the new #1 spot. Lincoln County should not threaten the Maroons.
Fleming County (3A, 4-2)- Upsets are all well and good, but win you upset someone and take control of your own destiny it is even more impressive. Fleming's take down of Russell sets them up for a District Title this week against West Carter
Raceland (1A, 5-2)- Rams got a little divine intervention to survive against Lawrence County but they will take the quality win. Raceland is HOT and ready to push for a District Title.
Powell County (3A, 3-3)- Back to back wins over Estill County and Morgan County has Powell facing Breathitt with the chance for a District Title and some school history.
Mason County (4A, 0-6)- Life after Buchanan has been tough in Maysville as they lose their 6th Straight.
Letcher Central (5A, 3-3)- The Cougars had visions of District Titles behind the running of Jaylyn Williams in August. Now they just want to make the playoffs.
Pike Central (3A, 2-4)- After pushing Bell County and a couple wins things were looking up for Pike Central. The 56-7 beatdown to Paintsville has the boys from Buckley's Creek staring down the barrel of a losing season.
Player of the Week
RB Isaac Harrison, Powell County
In a crucial District win against Morgan County, Harrison rushed for 208 yards on 25 carries and added 3 TD's.
GAME OF THE WEEK
Lawrence County @ Belfry
Both teams must get their heads right after brutally disappointing losses from different viewpoints. Belfry had the rare distinction of seeing their team get dismantled by someone who was just simply better. Lawrence County was a simple dive play away from a huge win against a ranked opponent until a fumble came free. With most likely the 3A District 6 Championship on the line, the team who rebounds the best will reign supreme.
Tags for this Thread