Does the Boyle/Lexington Catholic loser...

Page 2 of ...not make it past the second round of the playoffs? Assuming Central wins District 3 and both teams win their first playoff game, the Boyle/Catholic ... 36 comments | 1512 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    383

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    They've stood toe-to-toe with Belfry every time they've played and most are willing to say Belfry is capable of playing with Boyle and Catholic. They beat South Warren last season when many were calling the Spartans the 3A favorite. And they've already knocked off St. Xavier and Christian Academy-Louisville this season, both top five teams in their respective classes.

    You may think Boyle and Catholic can beat Central and that's fine. You may well be right. But judging them based on an early-season performance against Lafayette two years ago seems like the wrong way to approach the discussion.
    OK sure, but I have saw them play this season, make that 2X and it was not impressive. I'll take Boyle Co any day of the year. And as far as LexCath, all they need is their QB back.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    383

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    Like beating St. Xavier this year?
    BC is a lot better than STX regardless of the classification. At least this season. Uummm what was it 20-17 late breakaway TD.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    239

    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Meaning beating a top tier team like Boyle Co. Oh BTW Lafayette was winning by only 3pts and a late pick 6 to end the game, so 10 pts??? Sure it covered the point spread.
    Not saying they are guaranteed victory, but Central beat St. X this year. I think they would give Lex Cath and Boyle lots of problems, especially if they have to travel to Central.

  4. #19
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    11,767

    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    BC is a lot better than STX regardless of the classification. At least this season. Uummm
    Lexington Catholic isn't.. and that's the question at hand? We are asking if the loser of the game can beat Central.

    Plus what makes you so sure Boyle is better than St. X?

    Boyle and Central Hardin came down to the end of the game and most would say Central Hardin is nowhere near the level of X

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    239

    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    BC is a lot better than STX regardless of the classification. At least this season. Uummm
    Boyle County is not better than St. X this season.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    383

    Go back to my post tomahawk chop. I said Boyle Co can and probably will beat Lou Central and as far as LexCatholic, I didn't guarantee it did I? No I said they can. And as far as Central beating Saint X... Score 20-17 right? Late breakaway TD to seal a victory? I believe so, correct me if I am wrong.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    383

    @gchs_uk9 I guess the answer to your question and according to the folks on here, the answer is NO. Central moves deeper pass Boyle Co and/ or Lex Cath.

  8. #23
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    11,767

    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Go back to my post tomahawk chop. I said Boyle Co can and probably will beat Lou Central and as far as LexCatholic, I didn't guarantee it did I? No I said they can. And as far as Central beating Saint X... Score 20-17 right? Late breakaway TD to seal a victory? I believe so, correct me if I am wrong.
    If we are talking hypotheticals... Henry County "might" beat LexCath.

    You asked when was the last time we saw Central even play.. considering they have played X, Manual, and CAL do you not find those teams to be quality opponents? Would you rather put more stock in Central's performance against Lafayette over a year ago?

    So you are not impressed with Central beating St. X because they won late?

  9. #24
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,892

    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    @gchs_uk9 I guess the answer to your question and according to the folks on here, the answer is NO. Central moves deeper pass Boyle Co and/ or Lex Cath.
    I'm not sure that happens. I think a Central game vs. the #2 seed (whoever it is) would be a good one. Probably a one score game either way.

  10. #25
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    11,767

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    I'm not sure that happens. I think a Central game vs. the #2 seed (whoever it is) would be a good one. Probably a one score game either way.
    I want to see this game before i make that prediction. If LexCath gives Boyle all they want or beat them I will agree... if Boyle crushes LexCath similar to what a Cooper or Johnson Central did to them then I think the hill will be steeper against Central.

    I am not sure we have seen LexCath at their best.. if I had to say my thoughts as of 10/13/2015 I would say I would like Central over LexCath by a minimum of 2 TD's. Thusfar the Knights have struggled with physical teams and you don't get much more physical than a Ty Scroggins Defense.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    383

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    If we are talking hypotheticals... Henry County "might" beat LexCath.

    You asked when was the last time we saw Central even play.. considering they have played X, Manual, and CAL do you not find those teams to be quality opponents? Would you rather put more stock in Central's performance against Lafayette over a year ago?

    So you are not impressed with Central beating St. X because they won late?
    STX game NO. Manual game NO, CAL yes cause they are a lower class state contenders. And as far as Henry Co, I have the slightest clue of what they have. Assuming they play LC in the 1st round.

  12. #27
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    11,767

    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    STX game NO. Manual game NO, CAL yes cause they are a lower class state contenders. And as far as Henry Co, I have the slightest clue of what they have. Assuming they play LC in the 1st round.
    So you value Central's win against CAL more than X? Despite the fact X dominated the #1 5A team Bowling Green and gave Trinity all they wanted?

    If being a legit Title Contender is the mark of a quality win then between Boyle and LexCath they don't have a single quality win in the lot. In fact that would mean LexCath is the only team to play a quality team when they took on Johnson Central. Ryle, Cooper, and Central Hardin are all good teams but not a single one of them have a legitimate shot at a Title.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,577

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    So you value Central's win against CAL more than X? Despite the fact X dominated the #1 5A team Bowling Green and gave Trinity all they wanted?

    .
    It is rather confusing, is it not?

  14. #29
    Jack Lambert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,044

    I guess the question at hand is can Boyle or Catholic's run defense slow Down Central's running game I believe if you check the stats you will find that Central is a run heavy team if you stop the run you stop Central. Also Central's secondary is not very good so I would like Boyle's defense to shut down Central's offense as a whole and Lex Cath to outscore them in a shoot out of course this is all just speculation if you know what I mean.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 12
    Posts
    448

    Central is an interesting team... They are very physical - and play disciplined football. At the same time, they have really good overall athleticism. I think they are the only team that matches up favorably with both Boyle AND LexCath. I don't know if they will beat either team, but they certainly are capable of beating them.

    Just thinking about the strength in the western half of 3A is mind-boggling.

Top