Desales(9-2) @ Corbin(6-5)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 03
    Location
    INFINITY
    Posts
    5,965

    Desales(9-2) @ Corbin(6-5)

    The Boys from the River City will cross Lynn Camp Creek and invade Campbell Field Friday night in what could be a "good ole good one." Is this the end of the line for the Redhounds, who discovered their bark about midway through the season? Or does Corbin's second best team follow the Campers into round three on its quest to make this a dual magic carpet ride for the City of Corbin?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    The good news about the DeSales team is that they have only thrown for 800 yards this year. The bad news is that they have ran for 3300 yards with Zinser gaining half of those. From what I have heard, he is a big powerful back with pretty good speed and is their main offensive threat, but they have another RB with over 700 yards rushing also. I remember them as being huge on the line last year and they return much of the that team, so the Hounds DL will have to play well Friday night.
    Corbin will keep probably keep 9 men in the box on DeSales, which should be effective if they can prevent the big play, something that has been a problem throughout the year.

  3. #3
    Hound82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    Corbin, KY
    Posts
    1,288

    First of all @ the underhanded comment. We don't know who is the first or second best in the town because both teams don't play each other.

    As for the topic, this is a game that could be scary or be a blowout. The reason I say that is because I'm not quite aware of what kind of D that DeSales run and how effective it is.

    I do think that Corbin can move the ball on any team in the state however. I also feel confident that Corbin can stop the run well enough to win if DeSales is as gung ho on running that ball like it seems.

    It ought to be a good one but I'm not picking against the Hounds.

    Corbin 48
    Desales 34

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    301

    Corbin-30
    Desales-14

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Tigertown
    Posts
    166

    It should be a barn burner. DeSales has two really good RBs. Zinser is a power runner and will just run over you, while Zach Harrett is a little (and I mean little) scat back, but you better button your chin strap when you come to tackle him and just hides behind those big ol OT.

  6. #6
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Quote Originally Posted by Big AL X 78Champs
    It should be a barn burner. DeSales has two really good RBs. Zinser is a power runner and will just run over you, while Zach Harrett is a little (and I mean little) scat back, but you better button your chin strap when you come to tackle him and just hides behind those big ol OT.
    How good is DeSales defensively? Have teams had better success running or passing against them?

  7. #7
    TRUE REDHOUND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Corbin, Ky.
    Posts
    1,295

    Quote Originally Posted by the mathemagician
    The Boys from the River City will cross Lynn Camp Creek and invade Campbell Field Friday night in what could be a "good ole good one." Is this the end of the line for the Redhounds, who discovered their bark about midway through the season? Or does Corbin's second best team follow the Campers into round three on its quest to make this a dual magic carpet ride for the City of Corbin?
    Corbin will keep on winnin, being at home will make a big difference. The Seniors will step up for their best games of the year. Corbin's Clint Cashun will lead Corbin to yet another Region Chapionship apperance.
    As for your STUPID comment, Corbin is the best TEAM in CORBIN. They are they only team in CORBIN. No offense to LC but its hard to be the best in a town when you are not located in that town. LC is the best team in GRAY, KY.
    Now thats out of the way Corbin has the momentum their way, keep on rollin.
    Corbin-38
    DeSales- 14

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 03
    Location
    INFINITY
    Posts
    5,965

    Quote Originally Posted by Hound82
    First of all @ the underhanded comment. We don't know who is the first or second best in the town because both teams don't play each other.

    As for the topic, this is a game that could be scary or be a blowout. The reason I say that is because I'm not quite aware of what kind of D that DeSales run and how effective it is.

    I do think that Corbin can move the ball on any team in the state however. I also feel confident that Corbin can stop the run well enough to win if DeSales is as gung ho on running that ball like it seems.

    It ought to be a good one but I'm not picking against the Hounds.

    Corbin 48
    Desales 34


    As a Corbin grad, I am a big fan of the Hounds. But you don't have to be a rocket scientist(or a mathemagician) to surmise that Lynn Camp is the best team in the Tri-Counties this year.(I know that's hard for some Corbinites to swallow). Here's hoping that both teams make it all the way to the magic carpet, but I suspect that Corbin's ride may very well end first. Good luck to both teams this week.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,214

    DeSales is pretty good on defense. The 50 they gave up to Western was not typical...just a weird night with lots of speed on the other side. Western has six guys that run 4.5 or faster.

    The Colts have two good LBers and the DL is nice size and solid. Zinser gets all the yards but best overall player is Kenny Hillerich. Very solid TE-DE and better on the defensive side of the ball.

    Should be a good game.

    I'll take the Colts in a close one 31-28

    By the way, Zinser is also the kicker!

  10. #10
    The Scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Somewhere between Possum Trot and Black Gnat
    Posts
    30,586

    DeSales keeps Corbin off the field with their ball control offense. DeSales wins 28-13.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    985

    Corbin better buckle them on because this DeSales team hits your right in the mouth. I think DeSales will knock off Corbin this year because of their ball control offense. If they can establish the running game with long, time consuming drives Corbin won't be able to pull this one out.

    St. Francis DeSales - 20
    Corbin - 14


  12. #12
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Quote Originally Posted by EastSideJunkie
    DeSales is pretty good on defense. The 50 they gave up to Western was not typical...just a weird night with lots of speed on the other side. Western has six guys that run 4.5 or faster.

    The Colts have two good LBers and the DL is nice size and solid. Zinser gets all the yards but best overall player is Kenny Hillerich. Very solid TE-DE and better on the defensive side of the ball.

    Should be a good game.

    I'll take the Colts in a close one 31-28

    By the way, Zinser is also the kicker!
    I have heard that Hillerich is being recruited by some Div-1 schools as a DE.
    How big is he and who is recruiting him?

  13. #13
    TRUE REDHOUND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Corbin, Ky.
    Posts
    1,295

    Corbins defense will come up with big plays to take DeSales Offense off the field. Corbin will control the clock with the confident O-line, CJ Light, and Blake Freeman having another big rushing night.

  14. #14
    Catman 52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Location
    Corbin, KY
    Posts
    116

    Corbin is tough at home and will be ready for a tough game.But i think the Hounds win streak will end friday nite hope u guys prove me wrong. Desales 20 Corbin 19.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    14

    I wish the Hounds luck Friday night, this will be a tough one. It is my understanding that Josh Sanders may be able to play if all goes well on Tuesday. They boys have come a long way and hopefully they can pull this one off also. Never underestimate the HOUNDS!

Top