Danville 32 Holy Cross (Lou.) 31 (3OT)

Page 2 of No. Very evenly matched. Two great defenses slugging it out.... 28 comments | 1536 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Wrestling Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 03
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    714

    No. Very evenly matched. Two great defenses slugging it out.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,694

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Dad
    No. Very evenly matched. Two great defenses slugging it out.
    Thanks

  3. #18
    ads1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    134

    This was a great game, and great character showed by the ADS. Thought that playcalling hurt Danville in the first half, had a few chances to put up points but playcalling elimanated that.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 05
    Location
    L-O-U-I-S-V-I-L-L-E
    Posts
    402

    Cougars are CURSED!!!!! The boys on Dixie Highway can't get over that hump, no matter how hard they try. Good job Admirals, you got a tough one this week.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    93

    Not cursed. Just in the wrong section of the playoffs. In order to be the best ya gotta beat the best.haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    93

    What do you know about playcalling ads1982?

  7. #22
    ads1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    134

    Quote Originally Posted by RiceMountJoy
    What do you know about playcalling ads1982?
    Considering I have played football all my life, and watch every game that I can........I can have an opinion on play calling. When you consistantly run the ball at someone and get yards...why may I ask do you run outside on 3 and 4th and 1. Makes no sense to me. I have watched Danville for many years....this is the most predictable team I have ever watched. How about giving the ball to Ross on a short yardage play, don't think he has many negative carries for his career. So Rice.....I know alot about football......too bad I don't have the credentials to coach......but boy do I wish I did!

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 05
    Location
    L-O-U-I-S-V-I-L-L-E
    Posts
    402

    RiceMountJoy, i totally agree. I personally think that if Holy Cross wasin any other district, they would be regional champs, or atleast be playing for it every year. I know that in recent years Holy Cross has made some questionable unconservative play calls, but these games have been INCREDIBLY close and the Cougars can never get over the hump.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    93

    Quote Originally Posted by ads1982
    Considering I have played football all my life, and watch every game that I can........I can have an opinion on play calling. When you consistantly run the ball at someone and get yards...why may I ask do you run outside on 3 and 4th and 1. Makes no sense to me. I have watched Danville for many years....this is the most predictable team I have ever watched. How about giving the ball to Ross on a short yardage play, don't think he has many negative carries for his career. So Rice.....I know alot about football......too bad I don't have the credentials to coach......but boy do I wish I did!

    Just because you have played fooball your whole life and watched it as well, doesn't mean you are ready to be the offensive coordinator. You did not study film of these guys. You have no idea what defense a team is going to jump into on short yardage situations unless you did. 3rd and short is not an easy play to call. I have seen many times the ball being thrown in these situations. They are tough yards to get. They could be pinching every one inside for the exact reasons you say to run it inside. It's only one yard, right? What won the game? Quick toss to the outside. Thank you!

  10. #25
    ads1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    134

    Quote Originally Posted by RiceMountJoy
    Just because you have played fooball your whole life and watched it as well, doesn't mean you are ready to be the offensive coordinator. You did not study film of these guys. You have no idea what defense a team is going to jump into on short yardage situations unless you did. 3rd and short is not an easy play to call. I have seen many times the ball being thrown in these situations. They are tough yards to get. They could be pinching every one inside for the exact reasons you say to run it inside. It's only one yard, right? What won the game? Quick toss to the outside. Thank you!
    Thank you.......what set up your toss play......running up the middle.....hmmm. On top of this, if you have success running up the middle..do it.....JET is the worst play for Danville now. I has worked twice in two weeks. Yeah I agree that 3rd and one some people throw.......but what does Danville do best..........run the ball..........what is Danvilles best offensive set........double tight wishbone. Run at people.......a strong team does not know how to react to speed coming straight at them....plus if you can't get a yard you don't deserve to win in my opinion!

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    93

    you just said it. What set up your toss play? Running up the middle. Exactly! You cant do it everytime. By the way, the bone is not what has been working for the ads all year. Thier whole offense is centered around the jet. It sets up their other plays. Teams focus on stopping the jet, all that does is open up other things that they run to counter that. Im not saying to throw on the short yardage situations. Im just saying it is not that simple all the time. Danville can not just line up and blow people off the ball either. Rardless of what some may believe. That is why they run the offense that they do. It gets the defense running to create lanes, get to the corner, and so all their oline has to do is just sustain thier blocks for a moment. Harp seems to always find the right fit for his teams. Thats why we are always here at this point in the season.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    497

    Until Holy Cross finally beats Danville in the playoffs they will have that mental edge over them. I have never seen one of these games played but from the way it sounded like Holy Cross outplayed them in this years game and in 2003 but somehow the Ads pulled it out.

  13. #28
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,458

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan25
    Until Holy Cross finally beats Danville in the playoffs they will have that mental edge over them. I have never seen one of these games played but from the way it sounded like Holy Cross outplayed them in this years game and in 2003 but somehow the Ads pulled it out.
    You are half correct about what you heard about HC out Playing The ADs!Yes Holy cross did out play Danville,but it was in the first half. The second half The Ads out played HC,The overtime was played even execpt Danville got the one extra point. I felt bad for Holy Cross those guys have much class and so does all of the fans they brought with them!

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    93

    you dont get outplayed and win. Doesn't make sense. You either make the plays or you dont. Its that simple, because thier are no moral victories. It's black and white. You win or go home.

Top