Crowdus leaving Frederick Douglass?

Page 2 of There are rumors going that Crowdus is either leaving Fredrick Douglas or has already left Fredrick Douglas for IMG. Has anyone else heard these rumors... 31 comments | 5691 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    12,453

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Other than being put in their place, I'm not really sure how the Trinity scrimmage affects FD seeing as they dropped down to 5A.
    I think the "being put in their place" part is actually a pretty big catalyst here.

    I think the expectations (some being unrealistic) for FD were given a metaphorical gut punch against Trinity. Does a scrimmage hinder their chances of still reaching their goals for the season? Absolutely not... but with all the momentum and buzz they were creating around Lexington/CKY, I think that scrimmage outcome had a lot of eyes on it and caused a lot of lips to move.

    The fact WKYT was covering it as if it was a Friday regular season game and showing highlights on the news says a lot. I am sure for Trinity it was business as usual, but I get the impression that scrimmage had some hopes of validation behind it on the FD end and instead they were kind of embarassed.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    mooremiller31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    1,428

    This is just the tip of the iceberg with the Frederick Douglass situation from what I am hearing.

  3. #18
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    43,268

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    I think the "being put in their place" part is actually a pretty big catalyst here.

    I think the expectations (some being unrealistic) for FD were given a metaphorical gut punch against Trinity. Does a scrimmage hinder their chances of still reaching their goals for the season? Absolutely not... but with all the momentum and buzz they were creating around Lexington/CKY, I think that scrimmage outcome had a lot of eyes on it and caused a lot of lips to move.

    The fact WKYT was covering it as if it was a Friday regular season game and showing highlights on the news says a lot. I am sure for Trinity it was business as usual, but I get the impression that scrimmage had some hopes of validation behind it on the FD end and instead they were kind of embarassed.
    I agree with you absolutely 100%. It's blatantly clear that Frederick Douglass was making a MUCH bigger deal out of this than Trinity, and I think that speaks to the attitude the whole program and school community had going into this scrimmage. It was a pre-season scrimmage, and Douglass was in full game dress complete with all of the stickers/decals on their helmets (which is highly unusual from literally every football scrimmage I've ever attended), they had cheerleaders at the game, and they even had the team run out onto the field through a paper banner. This was Douglass bringing absolutely all they had, and Trinity comes in like it's another day at the office and scores 7 on them in the first 19 seconds of the game and hands the Broncos a 45-8 shellacking at home.

    I've heard rumors that Crowdus was unhappy already, and was told that during or after the Frederick Douglass vs. Boyle County 7-on-7 he was making comments about wanting to transfer to Boyle County so he could "actually win a state championship".

    It sounds like he was already thinking hard about transferring, and then Trinity's romp over Douglass in the scrimmage may well have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Location
    Nicholas County
    Posts
    171

    Quote Originally Posted by mooremiller31 View Post
    This is just the tip of the iceberg with the Frederick Douglass situation from what I am hearing.
    I am hearing this as well. Landis may not be roaming the sidelines tonight from what I heard.

  5. #20
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,734

    Quote Originally Posted by mooremiller31 View Post
    This is just the tip of the iceberg with the Frederick Douglass situation from what I am hearing.
    Come on man!


  6. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    359

    The timing of the would-be move is very poor by this young man. It would really put his coaches and team mates in a bind. This is something that should have been done in the summer. Otherwise, stick it out and be with your team.

  7. #22
    Big Things Kentucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18
    Posts
    256

    Definitely makes thing so much more interesting around here.

  8. #23
    Tones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    351

    Any reason that coach Landis would be on UK's football website?

    Brian Landis - Football Coach - University of Kentucky Athletics

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    19,518

    Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    Any reason that coach Landis would be on UK's football website?

    Brian Landis - Football Coach - University of Kentucky Athletics
    He was in 2015 that is when that picture was take and posted. He was in charge of Quality Control.

    Here is the actual link that picture is in.

    Football Coaches - University of Kentucky Athletics

  10. #25
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    46,010

    Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    Any reason that coach Landis would be on UK's football website?

    Brian Landis - Football Coach - University of Kentucky Athletics
    He's been at Georgetown, EKU and UK.

  11. #26
    Tones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    351

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    He was in 2015 that is when that picture was take and posted. He was in charge of Quality Control.

    Here is the actual link that picture is in.

    Football Coaches - University of Kentucky Athletics
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    He's been at Georgetown, EKU and UK.
    Thanks. I wasn't trying to stir up any rumors, I was just looking up who he was and where he came from, and the link that I posted showed up. I appreciate it!

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    390

    Didn’t the AD recently leave also?

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    19,518

    Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't trying to stir up any rumors, I was just looking up who he was and where he came from, and the link that I posted showed up. I appreciate it!
    No problem.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    19,518

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlesworth View Post
    Didn’t the AD recently leave also?
    No not true did not leave he (the AD) just moved up to be the Dean of Students at Douglass.

  15. #30
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    46,010

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    No not true did not leave he (the AD) just moved up to be the Dean of Students at Douglass.
    Who's the old and the new AD.

Top