Covington Catholic 48 Newport Central Catholic 7 (Scrimmage)

Page 2 of Was 41-7 at end of third when JV took over. Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 29 comments | 4052 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,057

    A lot of Beechwood kids there
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    244

    Mayer stats???

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    9,092

    Coaches from at least 3 different schools at the game.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,259

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020BirdDad View Post
    Mayer stats???
    I donít think he had a catch, but CovCaths first two possessions were a combined 5 plays, plus a pick 6. Offense really didnít get that many snaps.

    As an ILB???? 10 tackles? He smoked a couple NewCath kids. Great motor for any player, let alone a freak athlete.

  5. #20
    The Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    69

    Is the Mayer move to LB new news? He was a DE last season, but I know we have some big shoes to fill in the middle of things with Grant Dyer and Kam Butler both gone as LBs. I just hadn't heard/seen anything about Michael moving to LB. It makes sense to me, though.

  6. #21
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,598

    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    Is the Mayer move to LB new news? He was a DE last season, but I know we have some big shoes to fill in the middle of things with Grant Dyer and Kam Butler both gone as LBs. I just hadn't heard/seen anything about Michael moving to LB. It makes sense to me, though.
    Yes and no.

    Yes, he did play DE last year.

    No, he has been planned to play at MLB all summer from what I have heard.

  7. #22
    The Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    69

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Yes and no.

    Yes, he did play DE last year.

    No, he has been planned to play at MLB all summer from what I have heard.
    Sounds like a good plan, if you ask me. Thanks for the info.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    359

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    Coaches from at least 3 different schools at the game.
    College or highschool?

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,057

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegefootballGuy69 View Post
    College or highschool?
    Highschool

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,231

    CovCath is very good again and will only get better.
    The most disappointing thing for me was NewCath and the personal fouls. If they are going to compete they better clean that up.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,715

    No personal fouls on NCC in the game. Two Unsportsmanlike Penalties however. And yes, that needs to be corrected.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,231

    Quote Originally Posted by EQUUS GREVYI View Post
    No personal fouls on NCC in the game. Two Unsportsmanlike Penalties however. And yes, that needs to be corrected.
    Your correct my apologize, it was very disappointing.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,259

    After the 2nd unsportmanslike, Lickert burned a time-out and called the whole team over. He gave them a good "mentoring." I don't see that stuff flying this season.

  14. #29
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,018

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    After the 2nd unsportmanslike, Lickert burned a time-out and called the whole team over. He gave them a good "mentoring." I don't see that stuff flying this season.
    Lickert sure loves to burn his time outs.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,231

    Lickert likes to throw the ball A LOT.

Top