Covington Catholic - 2020 Schedule

  1. #1
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,164

    Covington Catholic - 2020 Schedule

    This was actually released a year ago but we need a current thread for it like all teams.

    The 2020 schedule is a carbon copy of the 2019 schedule.

    2020 Football Schedule
    August 21: at Ryle
    August 28: vs. Campbell Co.
    September 4: at Lex Cath
    September 11: at Dixie
    September 18: vs. Beechwood
    September 25: at Cooper (District)
    October 2: at Boone (District)
    October 9: at LaSalle
    October 16: vs. Highlands (District)
    October 23: vs. Conner (District)
    October 30: BYE

    For reference:

    Covington Catholic - 2019 Schedule
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    10,366

    CovCath will have to replace an outstanding senior class. JV team went 8-1 with only loss to LaSalle. Offense has a chance to be very good again, defense will take some time to gel.

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,164

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    CovCath will have to replace an outstanding senior class. JV team went 8-1 with only loss to LaSalle. Offense has a chance to be very good again, defense will take some time to gel.
    Thanks for that @colonel-fan and I am going with CovCath finishing the regular season at 9 and 1 with the defending Ohio Division II state champs getting revenge in the rematch.

  4. #4
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    33,429

    This will be Eviston's first season at CCH without a Mayer leading the team.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    10,366

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    This will be Eviston's first season at CCH without a Mayer leading the team.
    Obviously very fine football players. What impact do you think that will have on the record next year? Ru's calling it 9-1.

  6. #6
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    33,429

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    Obviously very fine football players. What impact do you think that will have on the record next year? Ru's calling it 9-1.
    Eviston is a very good coach and there are always enough good players there. I don't see CCH beating LaSalle. No one else on the schedule would scare me if I were a CCH fan. I could see a 9-1 regular season.

  7. #7
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    1,785

    LaSalle will be a loss.

    I realize LexCath loses a lot, but that game on the road can't be taken for granted.

  8. #8
    SHAMROCK69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Home of the 2012 National Champions " Trinity ROCKS and Kentucky Wildcats"
    Posts
    2,708

    I would really like to see Trinity on their schedule.

  9. #9
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,164

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMROCK69 View Post
    I would really like to see Trinity on their schedule.
    That didn't take long...

  10. #10
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,164

    Quote Originally Posted by The Double Deuce View Post
    LaSalle will be a loss.

    I realize LexCath loses a lot, but that game on the road can't be taken for granted.
    Unless "Beau Allen Jr." shows up put me in the taking it for granted column.

  11. #11
    SHAMROCK69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Home of the 2012 National Champions " Trinity ROCKS and Kentucky Wildcats"
    Posts
    2,708

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    That didn't take long...
    Well sorry. I thought that it was ok to comment on their schedule. I’m done.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,736

    9-1.

  13. #13
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,164

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMROCK69 View Post
    Well sorry. I thought that it was ok to comment on their schedule. I’m done.
    You didn't comment on their schedule, you injected Trinity into it.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    511

    7-3 or 8-2 would be possible. I know CCH is losing some key players but they still will be very good.

  15. #15
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,164

    Quote Originally Posted by KY Outsider View Post
    7-3 or 8-2 would be possible. I know CCH is losing some key players but they still will be very good.
    Assuming CCH loses to LaSalle (OH) who do you believe the other two losses will be to?

Top