Cov Cath's Jack Coldiron Has Received His 1st Division 1 Offer

Page 2 of Miami, OH. It would appear that the Redhawks really like what they see going on in Park Hills. Congratulations, Jack!... 28 comments | 2710 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    627

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Thank you. Is Dayton Division 1?
    No, but the PWO at Marshall is D1.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    8,903

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Thank you. Is Dayton Division 1?
    FCS (Football Championship Subdivision) and FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) teams are Division 1.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    605

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Thank you. Is Dayton Division 1?

    Yes. FCS ( old 1-AA)

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    199

    Dayton is non-scholarship but most of the non-scholarship teams do make it more affordable by finding different grants and other non athletic scholarship money.

  5. #20
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,447

    Great news congrats Jack! More to come im sure.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,104

    How fast is Coldiron? He's got the body to play a lot of different places and can flat out get up, but I was wondering where he stood in the speed department.

  7. #22
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,091

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    How fast is Coldiron? He's got the body to play a lot of different places and can flat out get up, but I was wondering where he stood in the speed department.
    Probably 4.7 or 4.8 I could see him playing TE or DE in college.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    8,903

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Probably 4.7 or 4.8 I could see him playing TE or DE in college.
    Miami is looking at Coldiron as either a TE or WR. Depends on how much he grows.

    He has consistently timed in in the 4.6 range, but ran even faster at MU last summer. Obviously, he is a nightmare matchup for high school defenses.

  9. #24
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    28,613

    My guess is at Miami he would have a shot at playing wide receiver. If he is able to get an offer to play at a bigger D1 school then probably tight end.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,104

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    Miami is looking at Coldiron as either a TE or WR. Depends on how much he grows.

    He has consistently timed in in the 4.6 range, but ran even faster at MU last summer. Obviously, he is a nightmare matchup for high school defenses.
    He screams TE to me in the modern game. Flex him out for the mismatch.

  11. #26
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    32,021

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    He screams TE to me in the modern game. Flex him out for the mismatch.
    Agreed...but Jack is going to need some more meat on himself to go big at TE.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    505

    Wonder about his status as a baseball prospect. If he’s a true 4.6 guy with pop in his bat, he’d make for an attractive corner outfielder. Hit cleanup for CCH as a Soph.

  13. #28
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,091

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Miami, OH.

    It would appear that the Redhawks really like what they see going on in Park Hills.

    Congratulations, Jack!
    Teammate Pike received a PWO to Miami.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    494

    Super news. Great kid and family. Congrats, Jack!

Top