Conner High school Turf Field

  1. #1
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,387

    Conner High school Turf Field

    Tuesday March 14th 7pm to 9pm at Lakeside Christian Church in Hebron will be an informational town hall meeting. Conner Highschool, I believe NKY athletics(NKY Bandits youth football team) are going to start raising money to get a turf field.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,387

    I have seen a lot of muddy games at Conner through the years. A turf field would a world of difference for that school and community.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Ryle School district
    Posts
    4,474

    Greatly needed.... Boone and Cooper next.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In enemy territory scouting for the future..
    Posts
    9,931

    I think it is absolutely ridiculous that these schools do not have turf fields. The Boone Co. Board of Education is a joke imo!!!!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    380

    The Conner community will make this happen. Long overdue IMO - Conner's facilities are in desperate need of upgrades and it's clear tax $ isn't the answer.

  6. #6
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,524

    I seem to remember Shaun Alexander was willing to donate the funds so that Boone County could have a turf field and the Board of Ed said they could't do it unless he donated the same amount to the other county schools (Cooper not existing at the time) so that it was fair.

    Maybe that story was always made up.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    205

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I seem to remember Shaun Alexander was willing to donate the funds so that Boone County could have a turf field and the Board of Ed said they could't do it unless he donated the same amount to the other county schools (Cooper not existing at the time) so that it was fair.

    Maybe that story was always made up.
    I heard the same story. How was it that Ryle was able to do it and not Boone?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,285

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I seem to remember Shaun Alexander was willing to donate the funds so that Boone County could have a turf field and the Board of Ed said they could't do it unless he donated the same amount to the other county schools (Cooper not existing at the time) so that it was fair.

    Maybe that story was always made up.
    He was only putting up a partial amount for Boone, not the entire amount. The school board wouldn't match as they'd also have to turf the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD View Post
    I heard the same story. How was it that Ryle was able to do it and not Boone?
    Ryle had private donors that covered 100% of the cost.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    205

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    He was only putting up a partial amount for Boone, not the entire amount. The school board wouldn't match as they'd also have to turf the others.



    Ryle had private donors that covered 100% of the cost.
    That makes sense. Thanks!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    166

    Ryles field field was 100% private donations. The money that Shaun Alexandria was offering would have covered 50% of the cost.

  11. #11
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    18,816

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't_Hate_the_Playa View Post
    The Conner community will make this happen. Long overdue IMO - Conner's facilities are in desperate need of upgrades and it's clear tax $ isn't the answer.
    Have never been to a game there but drove by this fall to check it out and was less than impressed. It didn't appear anything had been improved in a long time. Here's hoping this happens for their kids and community!

  12. #12
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,524

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    He was only putting up a partial amount for Boone, not the entire amount. The school board wouldn't match as they'd also have to turf the others.
    Thanks for the clarification. That part of the story was always conveniently left off.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    He was only putting up a partial amount for Boone, not the entire amount. The school board wouldn't match as they'd also have to turf the others.



    Ryle had private donors that covered 100% of the cost.
    Who covers the cost of on going maintenance on Ryle's field? When the time comes for a replacement, who will cover that expense?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,285

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Who covers the cost of on going maintenance on Ryle's field? When the time comes for a replacement, who will cover that expense?
    The ongoing maintenance is a lot cheaper than the maintenance of a grass field. No mowing, fertilizing, watering, and painting. I know the maintenance guys like the field being turf as it's less work for them. As for covering a replacement down the road, it'll have to be donors again unless this change with the BOE. I don't foresee them having any issues with donors in the foreseeable future with the way that area has grown and is growing.

  15. #15
    Fletch_F_Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Location
    Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo !!
    Posts
    288

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Who covers the cost of on going maintenance on Ryle's field? When the time comes for a replacement, who will cover that expense?
    The Triple Crown Mafia : ) I live in Union, I don't even know what that is, I've just heard the term Triple Crown Mafia from time to time. It makes me chuckle.

Top